Author Topic: making a Duskblade  (Read 2609 times)

Rydurk

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
making a Duskblade
« on: March 11, 2010, 07:37:49 PM »
Hello guys and gals

First time poster here.
Starting a 3.5 return to the temple of elemental evil soon.

This is my first try at a duskblade but over all i like the class just have a few questions for the wiser people out there

1.  At 3rd lvl when you start using channel attack.    At level 6 when you gain more than one attack does that mean you only attack once or do you channel your spell through the first attack then a normal second attack?

2.  Warmage and Beugulier both have an ability to gain new spells not from there list starting at level 3 wouldnt it make since that a duskblade would do the same since all 3 classes share much of the same theme or flavor?

3.  Is there a way to get a decent use magic device with out taking a dip into rogue or burning a feat?  I really like the skill but its hard to get high enough to umd wands and scrolls.

And one last final request what do you guys think of my Duskblade so far.    Just starting writing a backstory for him cant wait to play.

Human lvl 4 duskblade
Str 18
dex 14
con 16
int 14
wis 14
cha 10

Power Attack
Knowledge devotion
Arcane disciple (strength)

Spells
0-all of them
1-  Enlarge person(domain)
     Chill Touch
     Shocking Grasp
     Resist Energy
     Blade of Blood (i know some dont like it but going to try it out and see)

Trying to find a way to get the spell Shield in his line up so i can use a 2hander for flavor reasons.

At level 6 Arcane Strike for fun
At level 9 and 12 picking up the improved familer line to get a Eladrin Coure any help transforming the familier into being able to use wands/scrolls and be able to deal damage/melee in battle would be a huge help also. I know its asking alot but it would be nice.

Thanks guys and gals

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
Re: making a Duskblade
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 07:41:11 PM »
didn't arcane strike have an annoyingly high spell level requirement?
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 07:53:38 PM »
Arcane disciple isn't worth it to cast enlarge person once a day, you're better off getting improved initative, EWP spiked chain, combat expertise to set you up for improved trip, or even improved bullrush to set you up for shock trooper.

You have to wait until level 9 to get arcane strike due to needing 3rd levels spell to qualify for it.

Arcane channeling is a part of a standard attack  so at level 6 you eith do one arcane channeled attack or 2 non-arcane channeled attacks. You have to wait until level 13 to be able to arcane channel into full round attacks.

Rydurk

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 09:15:58 PM »
bah my bad on the arcane strike.

I do like Arcane disciple though it opens up the spell selection some even if it is only once per day i can still use wands and srcolls of the same spell if need be

improved initaitve is nice though ill have to look into fittting that one in.

EWP spiked chain i like it for a mechanical part of view but it just doesnt fit into the flavor of this character is all

thanks on clarifying Arcane Channeling for me also

thanks

BenTheJester

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 12:26:45 AM »
There's a very good Duskblade handbook on the Handbooks subforum here. You should really give it a look.

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 07:06:22 AM »
here's the link to the duskblade handbook in case you haven't read it: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=525.0
also, eternal wands are great to cast spells like enlarge person.

Rydurk

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 12:11:16 PM »
just started reading the duskblade handbook very nice work on that guys i must say

were can i find some info on the eternal wands?  and can i use them even though if a spell isnt on my list?

kurashu

• Donkey Kong
  • K?
    • Androgynous Moose Hippy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 02:14:06 PM »
They're in Magic Item Compendium. I'm pretty sure they're limited like wands themselves. But they're 2/day instead of charge based.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 02:56:35 PM »
Anyone that can cast arcane spells can use eternal wands, even if the spell is not on your list.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!