Author Topic: The end of all "AntiMage" threads  (Read 83747 times)

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
Re: The end of all "AntiMage" threads
« Reply #460 on: April 03, 2010, 12:17:35 PM »
There is also that maneuver that ignores hardness. Or having a Burrow Speed.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #461 on: April 03, 2010, 12:33:02 PM »
There is also that maneuver that ignores hardness. Or having a Burrow Speed.
Or being a ghost.  :P
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #462 on: April 03, 2010, 12:43:36 PM »
Incorporeal Undead wink out in an AMF. Probably not a good idea here.

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
« Reply #463 on: April 03, 2010, 12:50:58 PM »
chupoclops or phase mantle?
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #464 on: April 03, 2010, 01:34:07 PM »
chupoclops or phase mantle?

They are supernatural so they do not work in an AMF.

Layers is something I'm going to ignore, you don't shave off the metal strips in an enforced stone wall, you don't attack each brick, you don't attack the window pane or shutters or door frame. Total thickness is enough.
 and an unmentioned part that an activated antimagic torc glued to an arrow clears the 10ft faster than gravity can pull the wall down so theres still a bit to go.

You misunderstood the part about layers. The wizard would be wearing multiple shrunken items to block AMFs, so even if you managed to pry one off him of smash it an new one would just pop up and cover the wizard again. Given that a fighter type has extremely limited actions per round in an antimagic field that would render most tactics to getting rid of the hat null and void. But things like the shrunken clogs would work still. Although it would make it very hard to get at the wizard even him being in an AMF.
About the arrow bit, would that not be subject to the 50% chance of arrow breakage, if so you would need multiple ones, which might be a good idea anyway? And even if it was wouldn't it just activate the hats so the wizard is protected and he can take a bit of time just turning the torc off.
A good idea to give the fighter type a slight advantage would be the boots of temporal acceleration, which would give him two rounds of time stop. He could then get right next to the wizard and activate the AMF so he would be inside the cone with the wizard.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #465 on: April 03, 2010, 02:16:33 PM »
Interesting. Nice for the wizard. AMF? i guess i'll just disappear until it goes away.  :D
-B. M. Evilwizardington.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #466 on: April 03, 2010, 02:41:22 PM »
Interesting. Nice for the wizard. AMF? i guess i'll just disappear until it goes away.  :D
Dangerous because of the ability to "set up"

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #467 on: April 03, 2010, 02:51:54 PM »
But the contingent teleport for when you re-appear takes you back to your fortress where your have some form of scrying readily available. Your back 2 turns later and they can't set you up.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #468 on: April 03, 2010, 02:58:49 PM »
But the contingent teleport for when you re-appear takes you back to your fortress where your have some form of scrying readily available. Your back 2 turns later and they can't set you up.
The antimage has a readied action for this. his buddy has one for when you reappear, he has one for when you contingency goes off.
The Antimage has a readied action for this. His buddy has one to attack you when you reappear, he has one to attack you when the contingecy
-B. M. Evilwizardington.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #469 on: April 03, 2010, 03:08:06 PM »
The antimage has a readied action for this. his buddy has one for when you reappear, he has one for when you contingency goes off.
The Antimage has a readied action for this. His buddy has one to attack you when you reappear, he has one to attack you when the contingecy
But the contingency goes of the instant I reappear, so He can't hit me.
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #470 on: April 03, 2010, 03:21:12 PM »
you fail to see that the antimage could permanently defeat the wizard by leaving a rock of permanent AMF at your location.

game? over.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #471 on: April 03, 2010, 03:23:49 PM »
you fail to see that the antimage could permanently defeat the wizard by leaving a rock of permanent AMF at your location.

game? over.

game? over.

unfortunately, at some point, even if it takes a million years, the rock will be moved by something.
and we will be back.
-B. M. Evilwizardington.

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #472 on: April 03, 2010, 03:28:26 PM »

game? over.

game? over.

unfortunately, at some point, even if it takes a million years, the rock will be moved by something.
and we will be back.
yeah, but the antimage doesn't care. for his purposes, you are no longer a problem.

and in the case of a warforged or elan antimage, he could maintain the eternal prison between the millennia. yes, it will end some time after the antimage dies somehow; but why should he care?

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #473 on: April 03, 2010, 03:31:02 PM »

game? over.

game? over.

and we will be back.
yeah, but the antimage doesn't care. for his purposes, you are no longer a problem.

and in the case of a warforged or elan antimage, he could maintain the eternal prison between the millennia. yes, it will end some time after the antimage dies somehow; but why should he care?
How do you get a rock of AMF?
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #474 on: April 03, 2010, 03:32:32 PM »

game? over.

game? over.

and we will be back.

Because the wizard will remember who did this. and he will have revenge. Warforged might not ORDINARILY feel pain, but incarnate construct can make them feel it.
-B. M. Evilwizardington.

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #475 on: April 03, 2010, 03:35:40 PM »
"rock of AMF" really just means "continuous item of AMF" that looks like a rock or something. doesn't really matter.

the point is, the warforged doesn't care anymore once he is dead and gone. until then, he keeps the prison working.  once the warforged is ready to move on to the afterlife, the wizard is going to have a really hard time trying to punish him.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #476 on: April 03, 2010, 03:40:26 PM »
"rock of AMF" really just means "continuous item of AMF" that looks like a rock or something. doesn't really matter.
:looloo
Your forgetting magic items don't work in an AMF.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #477 on: April 03, 2010, 03:50:57 PM »
There is already a magic item of AMF in print.

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #478 on: April 03, 2010, 03:58:59 PM »
by that logic, casting AMF is recursive.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #479 on: April 03, 2010, 04:01:56 PM »

the point is, the warforged doesn't care anymore once he is dead and gone. until then, he keeps the prison working.  once the warforged is ready to move on to the afterlife, the wizard is going to have a really hard time trying to punish him.
True. If they were living we could just plane shift to whatever plane they have gone to, but warforged probably don't go anywhere.

Wait. we use Teleport Through Time to go back in time to when they were living, and make them pay.
-B. M. Evilwizardington.