Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question: Have At Thee!  (Read 117039 times)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Ask a Simple Question: Have At Thee!
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2010, 08:06:20 PM »
If you get immunity to fire/the fire subtype, you could also simply set yourself on fire without taking damage from it.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 08:06:43 PM »
Q 9 Don't want to add more, but I saw someone say that there's an alternate class feature that gives burning body, but they didn't know which class, or where it was from. Anyone know?
A9: That could either be Fiendish Flamewreath (Warlock, which makes you BURN) or the Monk ACF that gives you Flaming Fists. Be more precise.
I can't because they weren't. It literally reads "I took the burning body ACF (alternate class feature) and it's working out great in our campaign since everything's using natural melee so far."
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Freshums

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 08:11:38 PM »
Q 8 Does the hellbred's ability to count as "evil" allow them to take levels in a base or PrC class that requires an evil alignment (ie warlock, assassin, blackguard, etc)?

IIRC, this only applies for the use of Magic Items that require an evil alignment (Normally they'd drop negative levels on opposing alignmnts).
So it doesn't really work as a secondary-alignment that lets you qualify for classes.

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 08:15:05 PM »
Q 9 Don't want to add more, but I saw someone say that there's an alternate class feature that gives burning body, but they didn't know which class, or where it was from. Anyone know?
A9: That could either be Fiendish Flamewreath (Warlock, which makes you BURN) or the Monk ACF that gives you Flaming Fists. Be more precise.
I can't because they weren't. It literally reads "I took the burning body ACF (alternate class feature) and it's working out great in our campaign since everything's using natural melee so far."
That does sound like Fiendish Flamewreath, doesn't it? Foes attacking with Natural Attack in Melee get burned.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

Viletta Vadim

• Curious George
  • Metal Genocider, maximum shooto!
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 08:42:52 PM »
If you get immunity to fire/the fire subtype, you could also simply set yourself on fire without taking damage from it.
Wouldn't that cause a little problem when you want to breathe?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 08:43:56 PM »
Q 7 Is there a PrC that increases the warlock's casting and also a psionic class?
Re-ask this one since it's already the next page.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 08:44:44 PM »
Q 7 Is there a PrC that increases the warlock's casting and also a psionic class?

Um...Cerebremancer if you can cheat the spells, perhaps?  Such as a Dragonblood Pool?
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2010, 08:48:35 PM »

Um...Cerebremancer if you can cheat the spells, perhaps?  Such as a Dragonblood Pool?
I just wondered because in Complete Mage you've got the Eldritches. One for divine and invoking, and arcane and invoking, but not psionic and invoking?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2010, 09:18:19 PM »

I just wondered because in Complete Mage you've got the Eldritches. One for divine and invoking, and arcane and invoking, but not psionic and invoking?
Psionics is screwed up its ass repeatedly by WotC in 3.5. Get used to it and homebrew is the only real answer.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2010, 09:19:39 PM »

Psionics is screwed up its ass repeatedly by WotC in 3.5. Get used to it and homebrew is the only real answer.
With the Psychic Theurge existing http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040925b I'm hoping I can homebrew it just as easily.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 09:20:06 PM »

This is the easiest route, and sadly also true.  Probably stems from the usual suspects : knee-jerk reactions from 1st Ed DM's who can remember a level 1 psionicist being able to calmly one-shot a mind flayer.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2010, 10:57:17 PM »

This is the easiest route, and sadly also true.  Probably stems from the usual suspects : knee-jerk reactions from 1st Ed DM's who can remember a level 1 psionicist being able to calmly one-shot a mind flayer.
Or the 2E psions disbelieving their foes existence, so the foe no longer exists.  3.5 is the first time when psionics were actually balanced.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2010, 04:45:55 AM »

Or the 2E psions disbelieving their foes existence, so the foe no longer exists.  3.5 is the first time when psionics were actually balanced.

WHAT THE FUCK!? good job wizard, that makes perfect sense for a frickin' player character to have that ability. nicely done  :clap

also, the really missing part is martial adept/psionics.
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2010, 05:24:07 AM »
Wizards of the coast didn't make 2e.

It was TSR.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2010, 06:27:24 AM »
Wizards of the coast didn't make 2e.

It was TSR.

whatever.
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2010, 08:20:36 AM »
I wouldn't call that psionics. I'd call it a solipsistic SCM. :P

fun_at_funerals

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • A humble mage with apocalyptic aspirations
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2010, 09:24:37 AM »
Q9: Do multiple sources of natural attacks stack? For instance, a character that takes on a template that grants claw attacks enters Bloodclaw Master whose Shifting ability grants a claw attack as well. As part of a pounce or full attack, do you make all the natural attacks that both sources entitle you to and resolve them seperately? Or do you chose which source of natural attacks takes place for the full attack?
You can't spell FUNERALS without FUN

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2010, 09:37:18 AM »
If you get multiple natural attacks of the same kind (like claws) from different sources, usually only the one with the highest base damage applies.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2010, 11:12:12 AM »
If you get multiple natural attacks of the same kind (like claws) from different sources, usually only the one with the highest base damage applies.
Unless one specifically adds more natural attacks, such as the Garillion Arms Soulmeld.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2010, 12:04:44 PM »
Q10: I seem to remember reading about a dirty trick of sorts involving Metaminds and their Font of Power ability. Does anyone know what I'm talking about (and maybe have a link)?

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol