Author Topic: Black Mage convention  (Read 6911 times)

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
Re: Black Mage convention
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2010, 05:33:07 AM »
I like having an Ashstar float around a Dry Lich, who voluntarily fails the save and turns all incoming damage into dessication damage, which he's immune to. There's probably a spell that makes you immune to dessication damage, too.

this is awesome.

i have a much more difficult to pull version of this trick, that involves an illithid savant getting regeneration from the big T and immunity to nonlethal damage from the Warforged juggernaut. but your version is much better.

Persistent Delay Death is similar in effect, assuming you can drown yourself at the end of the day.

Dont forget beastland ferocity.
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2010, 11:10:25 AM »
I like having an Ashstar float around a Dry Lich, who voluntarily fails the save and turns all incoming damage into dessication damage, which he's immune to. There's probably a spell that makes you immune to dessication damage, too.

this is awesome.

i have a much more difficult to pull version of this trick, that involves an illithid savant getting regeneration from the big T and immunity to nonlethal damage from the Warforged juggernaut. but your version is much better.
A Sorcerer 6 / Pale Master 7 with the troll blooded feat does almost the same thing as only acid hurts it, no illithid cheapness needed.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2010, 12:56:13 PM »

this is awesome.

A Sorcerer 6 / Pale Master 7 with the troll blooded feat does almost the same thing as only acid hurts it, no illithid cheapness needed.

cheapness? illthids have 8 RHD and +7 LA, thats not my definition of cheap.
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2010, 03:02:15 PM »

this is awesome.

+ random acid immunity template, like acid-breathing. Or something.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]