Author Topic: Help with shifter prc from masters of the wild  (Read 1754 times)

Bester

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Help with shifter prc from masters of the wild
« on: February 21, 2010, 09:59:17 PM »
Hi, I'm currently playing in a 3.0-3.5 game and my dm is letting me be a shifter prc from masters of the wild(3.0 rules for wildshape from that book).  He's also waiving the caster level requirement (he and I are not fans of magic and the way it scales.)

The party is mostly evil and almost all tier 1 class.  When I say evil, I mean "stupid evil" for at least half of the group. (there are 8 people and only 3 of us are experienced players).  Three of those new players who constantly attack pcs and npcs alike often unprovoked.

So on to my guy.  He's level 5 (urban wildshape ranger 3/ shifter 2) and a changeling.  (I know he doesn't get wildshape from that class until level 5, dm okayed it)

His feats are able learner, endurance, and alertness,(for prc) no flaws allowed.  stats are 8str 8dex 10con 16 int 16wis 14cha.  (buy was 26)

Basic story is he was hired to "watch" the pc party who are responsible for the deaths of lots of innocents.  He is currently in the guise of an npc the other pcs view as weak.  That npc also served as the conscious of the group(dms plea to pcs to be good).  I've played one game so far as this character and the other pcs are alittle upset because I was the vanilla fighter for a few games before now.  My goal with the character is to never reveal in game that my character isn't this npc.

So my question first is, "what are some good forms for right now?"  He can only be changed once for like 5hrs at this level.
My other question is, "How do you prevent a druid 5 from killing you?  How do you prevent a necromancer wizard 5 from killing you?  How do you prevent a spontaneous cleric better necromancer 5 from killing you?"  Kill them first is not an option.  My guy saved the wizard which bought him time.  The cleric is probably 90% likely to start a fight and druid is almost 100%.  I already let the dm know I want to have a contingency grease cast on the cleric's holy symbol.  I don't know how he feels about a contingency to incinerate the wizards spellbook.  Think of my character as having contacts or at least the person who hired him wants him to succeed.

I know that at next level the class takes off (wildshaped all day thanks to extra wildshape feat and plants!), but I will probably die before then without your help!

Oh yeah, I own almost every nonsetting splat book from wizards (not phb2 or scoundrel tho).  So those are available for feats and such.  I can probably get by with just about any creature from any source as long as it's not too game breaking.  I kind of gave the dm my word I wouldn't break the game too hard.

All other optimizations and roleplaying advice welcome.  I have no problem with this guy dieing, but I will not kill any other person's character unless they start it.  (oh and the threats are already in, the necros want the zombiefi my guy who they think is a human expert 5)

I was thinking about going changeling 2 at some point for the floating feat (assume supernatural ability!)

So yeah, to sum up, shifter forms from old 3.0 rules and ways to not get killed by tier 1s!

Oh yeah, and a spontaneous cleric does just that, looks through the splat books till he finds the spells he needs!  (DM is krazy!)