Author Topic: Choices, choises...  (Read 1076 times)

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
Choices, choises...
« on: February 20, 2010, 01:44:41 PM »
Level: 11 (Gestalt)
Some House-rules on Sorcerer: better spellcasting, bonus feats, Divine Champion is capped at +6

Options are either to stay as he is, which means Paragonistic Initiate 1 for Assist Casting (Penetration) and Tactical Combat (Spell Disrupter - Mage Slayer while Flanking) or return to what he once was (1st level Barbarian - giving Pounce, 3.5 (4) more HP total, Favored Enemy (Arcanist) instead of Rage and 18 more Skill Points free). I don't always have a Swift Action for Travel Devotion (usually, but not always).

Your opinion?
Our DM barely uses real Spellcasters, but he uses Melee/Ranged/Gishes a lot, especially Psionic Gishes and/or NPCs with Standstill/Robilar's Gambit/Thicket of Blades/Reach and a really high AC/Attack. He likes making actual NPCs with Class Levels or making Monsters with Class Levels, as well as bringing things with a CR of 17+ (which we beat regularly, and he doesn't pull his punches). Things casting Greater Dispel at-will (CL 20) are common and annoying.

The Party:
Factotum 8/Chameleon 3//Warblade X/Swordsage X/Other X. Melee, 26 INT, uses INT for Hit Points, and has 20 Inspiration Points per Encounter! Does a LOT of damage and acts too often.
Archivist 11//Cleric 1/Scout 4/Ranger 4/Wild Runner 2. Ranged Attacker, 20 INT, uses INT for Hit Points, always gets +3 Dark Knowledge (and Stuns foes!), has every spell you could possibly want (except the really broken ones and a few our DM hates). Does a LOT of damage and casts powerful spells.
Me: CHA Based Swiftblade Gish

EDIT: Oh, and did I mention next session is the "Final Showdown"? We're fighting Eltab (under Epic Mind-Control) as well Szass Tam and all their minions. It's just us, Aglarond, and one crazy, super-powerful Archangel (CN Epic Outsider with 9th level spells, 2 Artifacts and a grudge on Baal. Supposedly stronger than Eltab by quite a bit). Also, we'd had a Prophesy on me freeing Eltab from the control only to have him kill me with a Soul-Stealing Gaze. That's not to say the Campaign ends here (it likely won't), it's just an Epic Battle.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 03:27:56 PM by CantripN »
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.