Author Topic: Fun Finds!  (Read 163400 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: Fun Finds!
« Reply #340 on: February 01, 2011, 09:29:21 PM »
I think it might depend on the DM, whether they consider the Prerequisite to be an extension of the descriptor or not, or whether vile spells are just simply far too evil for even a Hellbred's exception to apply. It really shouldn't be, looking at the description, but who am I to judge? :)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #341 on: February 01, 2011, 09:39:00 PM »
I think it might depend on the DM, whether they consider the Prerequisite to be an extension of the descriptor or not, or whether vile spells are just simply far too evil for even a Hellbred's exception to apply. It really shouldn't be, looking at the description, but who am I to judge? :)
Uh, what? What's being talked about is a feat that requires an evil alignment. Not a spell.
The spell itself also gains the evil descriptor, but that can easily be gotten around by a Malconvoker.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #342 on: February 01, 2011, 09:42:23 PM »
Whoops, I misinterpreted.  :wall

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #343 on: February 01, 2011, 10:40:26 PM »

Dragonfire Strike, also known as "+1 damage per die of Sneak Attack thanks to that feat."

Also, Power Surge+Supernatural Spell=WIN!

Or, if you go epic, grab it for Cosmic Connection (Cosmic Descryer), and have some fun!

Another fun item is that contract from Complete (Arcane/Mage, can't remember): a reusable contract that causes anyone who backs out of their end of the arrangement to become blind, deaf, and mute.

It's cheap, and if you can't think of a way to abuse that, you need help...
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Talore

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Viking Skald
    • Email
« Reply #344 on: February 02, 2011, 12:35:46 AM »
This is a nice thing I found online. Good for download and reference:
Code: [Select]
ftp://neko.sovten.ru/ADND/Dragon%20Magazine/Complete%20Dragon%20Magazine%203.5%20Feats,%20Flaws,%20and%20Fighting%20Styles.pdf
The link isn't working for me, is this what I think it is? What exactly does it contain?
Bump for great justice?
Backseat moderator (voice) -_-

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #345 on: February 02, 2011, 01:04:26 AM »
It contains pretty much every feat from all the 3.5 Dragons. Feats, as in. Full. Text., not Chet Erez's quick descriptions.

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #346 on: February 02, 2011, 02:54:48 AM »
It contains pretty much every feat from all the 3.5 Dragons. Feats, as in. Full. Text., not Chet Erez's quick descriptions.

Now if only I could actually access it.
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #347 on: February 02, 2011, 04:23:30 AM »

Triskavanski

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #348 on: February 02, 2011, 04:35:46 AM »
One of the things I recently found in a dragon is the Dueling cloak.
Counts as light armor, wears like a shield, enchants like a cloak, can be wielding as weapon.
So for a bard its something that gives them no ASF as it counts as light armor.

I've got a book of feats as well, that give over a hundred different feats. Been trying to figure out how to actually use the infernal feats to make a comprehensive build.

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #349 on: February 02, 2011, 01:01:58 PM »
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #350 on: February 02, 2011, 01:52:17 PM »
Do you like buffs? Untyped bonuses to physical stats (+4)? Along with stuff like natural natural armor +6 (before enhancement), climb speed, and more? Duration day/level?

Say hello to Spider Curse (Spell Compendium).

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #351 on: February 07, 2011, 11:46:37 PM »
Everyone, I believe I found one of the strongest low HD undead to have join your undead army.

The Time Wight!

It's from the old Monster Mayhem articles on the Wizards site, and it has a couple of fun abilities...

-Haste and Slow 3/day each at CL 5
-1/week 35% chance to summon another Time Wight for 1 hour; summoned wight is allied to the summoner, and can't use his own summon ability.
-Constitution Drain and Spawn Making; Fort save 15 or lose 1d4 constitution.

Why are they so good for the low level Undead master?
They are a 5-HD undead that can haste themselves and slow your enemies, giving them advantage; they have a 7 out of 20 chance to summon another one, giving you even more of them for free, and the summoned ones still have the Constitution Drain, Spawn Making, and spell-likes!

Another fun creature is the Gravbeast, because who can say no to a creature that gets 6 claw attacks on a full attack, all of which have their damage doubled, free tripping as a Huge sized creature (they are large sized, by the way) whenever they hit with a claw attack on a pounce as a free action? Or how about the ability to cast a weaker version of Reverse Gravity every 2d4+2 rounds? Or the fact that it can give itself a 50% miss chance against all non-ray ranged attacks for 6 rounds? And all the other nifty abilities that make this creature an awesome special mount for a Paladin of Tyranny.

Then there are the Transmutation spells from the Pets of Any Stripe Random Encounters articles; the first, Mind of a Beast, is a 4th level spell that replaces the mind of the target with that of an animal. You can apply Permanency; even funnier is its 7th level version, Mind of Another, which allows you to replace the mind of a creature with the mind of any of the following: aberration, animal, beast, fey, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, or vermin. It can also be permanencied, and the prank potential is endless; I mean, is there anything funnier/more cruel than replacing the mind of the Paladin with that of the Tarrasque?

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #352 on: February 08, 2011, 12:41:09 AM »
give us sources

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #353 on: February 08, 2011, 01:53:03 AM »
Monster Mayhem - Time Wight (3.0), Gravbeast (3.5)
Mind of a Beast/Another (3.0)

While we're at it, Alter Self/Polymorph into a Void subtype creature is like a poor man's souped up Superior Invisibility.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #354 on: February 08, 2011, 01:58:22 AM »
While we're at it, Alter Self/Polymorph into a Void subtype creature is like a poor man's souped up Superior Invisibility.
Edit: Never mind, forgot the no-SLAs clause. Shame, really. That free teleport would have been pretty nice.

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #355 on: February 08, 2011, 05:55:29 AM »
And since its a subtype you can give it to yourself permanently with that ritual from Savage Species.

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #356 on: February 08, 2011, 06:32:10 AM »
That's SOOOO worth the gold.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #357 on: February 08, 2011, 06:42:23 AM »
I'm sorry, but you handed me the ritual on this note card here to keep the other players from reading it, and, well, you now have +8 str, +8 con, -6 to your mental stats, and rage as a first level barbarian thanks to your [roid] subtype.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #358 on: February 08, 2011, 06:52:39 AM »
Also worth the gold... :)
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #359 on: February 08, 2011, 08:13:06 AM »
Another nice find is Rod of Animated Dead (Dragon #331, page 66). Five times/day 30-ft radius burst of "animate dead" with no material component cost - only up to 10HD per use and you don't get to control them. Just be flying or out of their reach and watch them wreak havoc - or just be fodder. Or combine with the feat that makes mindless undead ignore you and use it to assist in building an undead stronghold for cheap (24k gp for 50HD of undead/day).

There's also animating door (Shinning South 56).  It's only for 1d6+4 rounds, but it's unlimited use.  It doesn't even require an action, you just need to arrange for corpses to move through the door.