Author Topic: [PATHFINDER] Ask a simple question, get a silly- I mean, simple answer.  (Read 91700 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: [PATHFINDER] Ask a simple question, get a silly- I mean, simple answer.
« Reply #280 on: September 16, 2011, 09:06:08 PM »
The only page I could find that mentioned high elves was here, from this thing.
Unfortunately that's not it. This book was fairly lengthy. It had the updated paragon classes, the UA classes were also updated, and it had a few other goodies. I know I read through, but I can't for the life of me find it again.

EDIT: I finally found it. I must have gone through just about every book I've got. It is a 3rd party splat book. It's called Legends of the Shining Jewel Campaign Guide.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:28:21 PM by kevin_video »
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

StreamOfTheSky

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #281 on: September 17, 2011, 03:25:26 AM »
Q 87

Does DR 1 protect you from the damage you take for doing strenuous actions while fighting near death (typically via Diehard)?

Diehard feat:
[spoiler]Benefit: When your hit point total is below 0, but you are not dead, you automatically stabilize. You do not need to make a Constitution check each round to avoid losing additional hit points. You may choose to act as if you were disabled, rather than dying. You must make this decision as soon as you are reduced to negative hit points (even if it isn't your turn). If you do not choose to act as if you were disabled, you immediately fall unconscious.

When using this feat, you are staggered. You can take a move action without further injuring yourself, but if you perform any standard action (or any other action deemed as strenuous, including some swift actions, such as casting a quickened spell) you take 1 point of damage after completing the act. If your negative hit points are equal to or greater than your Constitution score, you immediately die.[/spoiler]

Also, answer for Q 82?  Anyone?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #282 on: September 17, 2011, 03:27:17 AM »
Q 87

Does DR 1 protect you from the damage you take for doing strenuous actions while fighting near death (typically via Diehard)?
No, it does not. Just as it wouldn't in 3.5. It's inward damage, not outward, which is what DR protects you from. Minus falls of course.

radionausea

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #283 on: September 18, 2011, 05:29:20 AM »
A 82:  The intention seems to be you're assumed to be hitting them with all your shots. However your reading of two targets with two shots each meets the criteria of 'multiple shots' so it's fair game.  Its not like its particularly broken.
Stronghearted halflings do not exist.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #284 on: September 19, 2011, 05:50:30 PM »
A 83:  This is from dreamscarred press when talking about the requirements for psionic slayer changing:

"the change from the previous edition to the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game resulted in the old prerequisite feat, Track, no longer existing. To compensate for this, an analagous feat, Skill Focus (Survival) has been used."

Skill Focus seems like the way to go.
Minotaurs lost Track and gained Power Attack. I guess they can't track anymore, unless you count their scent ability.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #285 on: September 19, 2011, 07:31:26 PM »
A 83:  This is from dreamscarred press when talking about the requirements for psionic slayer changing:

"the change from the previous edition to the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game resulted in the old prerequisite feat, Track, no longer existing. To compensate for this, an analagous feat, Skill Focus (Survival) has been used."

Minotaurs lost Track and gained Power Attack. I guess they can't track anymore, unless you count their scent ability.
Track was removed as a feat, and rolled into the base skill. Rangers get a bonus to the skill based on their class level instead.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #286 on: September 19, 2011, 07:33:08 PM »

Track was removed as a feat, and rolled into the base skill. Rangers get a bonus to the skill based on their class level instead.
I know. My question at the time what do you do with creatures who lost Track as a bonus feat? Like Minotaurs or Maedars. Just give them a random feat? The answer given was that Skill Focus (Survival) was used as a replacement for a PrC.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #287 on: September 20, 2011, 12:03:12 AM »
Q 88 Did anyone doing pathfinder books (3rd party or official) do up a conversion for the sand/brown dragons yet?

Emo_Duck

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #288 on: September 20, 2011, 01:16:24 PM »
Q89:
According to the PFSRD's page on siege engines, some siege weapons, like the cannon, are also firearms. Does this mean that cannons also target touch AC within their first range increment, like regular person-sized firearms?

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #289 on: September 21, 2011, 07:48:32 PM »
Q90 Am I right in assuming that if 4 guys with a keen 18-20 critical weapon (such as a keen Fauchard), attack a target, and one of them scores a critical hit, if all 4 of them (or get it through a Cavalier with Tactician) have Seize the Moment and Paired Opportunist, they all get to make one more attack, and this continues until neither of them make a critical hit? If you pair this with cleave, wouldn't you just need a high Dex to completely eradicate anything threatened by 3 or more of these guys?
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #290 on: September 22, 2011, 02:14:38 AM »
Q 91 Are there any rules on making other materials into ammunition for a gunslinger? I see adamantine, paper, and silver, but what about cold iron?

StreamOfTheSky

« Reply #291 on: September 23, 2011, 05:07:40 PM »
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:09:39 PM by StreamOfTheSky »

StreamOfTheSky

« Reply #292 on: September 24, 2011, 02:52:46 AM »
Q 93

What the hell is going on with the spell level listings for Geas / lesser geas?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/g/geas-quest

[spoiler]Geas-Quest
School enchantment (compulsion) [curse, language-dependent, mind-affecting]; Level bard 6, cleric/oracle 6, inquisitor 5, sorcerer/wizard 6, witch 6; Domain ancestors 6, charm 6, honor 6, nobility 6

Geas, Lesser
School enchantment (compulsion) [curse, language-dependent, mind-affecting]; Level bard 3, cleric/oracle 6, inquisitor 4, sorcerer/wizard 4, witch 4[/spoiler]
Mostly regarding the underlined: same level for both for cleric/oralce and lesser is higher level than bard for inquisitors but the higher level version they get lower.  I am also curious why the heck bard goes from -1 level to same level (as wiz/sorc).

hakinaro

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #293 on: September 24, 2011, 10:36:30 PM »
Q94
With awesome blow you send a creature flying 10' and if it hits something it takes 1d6 damage now what happens if it hits another creature? do they both take damage fall prone etc.? and  also can you combine this with power attack or such?

Q95
Making a summoner btw
so if i take nymph's kiss do i get a bonus to spell dc's also or what all does it's char bonus apply to?  Also any changes need to be made to that feat to convert it to pathfinder?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:46:35 AM by hakinaro »

StreamOfTheSky

« Reply #294 on: September 25, 2011, 12:08:09 PM »
A 95

No changes to the feat I'm aware of for conversion.  Paizo doesn't really touch splat book material, due to copyright and so forth.

Nymph's Kiss is +1 skill point per level, +2 saves vs...spells and some other things I forget, and +2 on cha checks and cha-based skill checks.  It would benefit your concentration checks since those are checks and add your casting stat.  It would not benefit save DC, give you more spells per day, etc...

Eviltedzies

• Live life. Otherwise you have none.
    • Email
« Reply #295 on: September 26, 2011, 10:09:38 PM »
Question 96: Has anybody gone over the new spells listed in the Advanced Players Handbook and rated them like TreantMonk's Guide to Wizards ect.... ?

I was just curious about how those spells fair rating wise and whether or no the would be viable as Pathfinder to 3.5 crossover spells.
Light in the Darkness.
Darkness in the Light.
It is truly a neverending cycle of nightmares.
Yet that is what we have been given.
Find your dreams where you may.
And live life like no other.

borg286

• Email
« Reply #296 on: September 28, 2011, 03:21:20 PM »
Question 97: Can a mud elemental, having a burrow speed, attack someone above ground while the elemental is underground yet adjacent?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 03:55:34 PM by borg286 »

b100d_arrowz

• Email
« Reply #297 on: September 28, 2011, 05:13:59 PM »
Question 96: Has anybody gone over the new spells listed in the Advanced Players Handbook and rated them like TreantMonk's Guide to Wizards ect.... ?

I was just curious about how those spells fair rating wise and whether or no the would be viable as Pathfinder to 3.5 crossover spells.

Here we've talked about alot of the more recent stuff, and as the title says many of the interesting topics, we haven't hit every spell yet though.
Question 97: Can a mud elemental, having a burrow speed, attack someone above ground while the elemental is underground yet adjacent?
If I were a DM I would say yes, assuming the mud elemental had some way of knowing where the creature was. If the mud elemental has tremorsense/blindsense, I would throw some kind of miss chance in, since those just give the square and not the exact location (as I read them). If the elemental had blindsight somehow, obviously there wouldn't be a miss chance. Of course unless the target had a way of knowing the elemental was there they'd be all nice and flatfooted too  :devil
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

borg286

• Email
« Reply #298 on: September 28, 2011, 06:58:28 PM »
If I were a DM I would say yes, assuming the mud elemental had some way of knowing where the creature was. If the mud elemental has tremorsense/blindsense, I would throw some kind of miss chance in, since those just give the square and not the exact location (as I read them). If the elemental had blindsight somehow, obviously there wouldn't be a miss chance. Of course unless the target had a way of knowing the elemental was there they'd be all nice and flatfooted too  :devil
"If I were a DM" is handy, but very subjective.  Any rules surrounding this kind of stuff?  Link to the mole build?

StreamOfTheSky

« Reply #299 on: September 28, 2011, 08:41:37 PM »
A 97

I'd handle it like a ghost attacking while partially inside a wall: You get a cover bonus.

If you're attacking creatures, some of your form has to be exposed.  The true solution here is Spring Attack.  :D