Author Topic: [PATHFINDER] Ask a simple question, get a silly- I mean, simple answer.  (Read 91708 times)

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
Re: [PATHFINDER] Ask a simple question, get a silly- I mean, simple answer.
« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2011, 09:45:59 PM »
Q65:  How do I get Immunity to Fire in PF?  I'm a Fighter.  Answers like "2 levels of Cleric" are acceptable, answers like "14 levels of Wizard to cast the spell" less helpful.  Items are okay too, but not great.  Ideally I guess I'm looking for a feat or a short dip, but other answers accepted so i can assess them.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #221 on: August 19, 2011, 05:56:33 AM »
A65
Not many practical ways I can find, but without depending on expensive magic, maybe you can talk your DM into letting you go Fire Infused
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

StreamOfTheSky

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #222 on: August 20, 2011, 01:50:14 AM »
Q66: Whatever happened to the local Noble Scion feat?  No, not the general feat still listed on d20pfsrd.org.  There used to be a second feat by the same name in the local feats section.  From a Cheliax book, iirc.  Gave several cool options much different than the ones that other Noble Scion feat gives.  But at some point it just...vanished from the site.  Why?

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #223 on: August 20, 2011, 07:20:06 AM »
A66
Some of the moderators on the PFRD like to consolidate new rules by removing the older version. The same treatment happened to some traits as well.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

StreamOfTheSky

« Reply #224 on: August 20, 2011, 02:08:08 PM »
A66
Some of the moderators on the PFRD like to consolidate new rules by removing the older version. The same treatment happened to some traits as well.

But they're not the same feat at all, the benefits are completely different!

radionausea

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #225 on: August 20, 2011, 03:24:13 PM »
Stronghearted halflings do not exist.

StreamOfTheSky

« Reply #226 on: August 20, 2011, 03:55:32 PM »
From the Archives of Nethys

It is!  Doesn't answer my question of why it was removed from d20pfsrd (unless they really did think it was the same feat as an above poster mentioned), but at least now it's posted for reference.  Thank you!

StreamOfTheSky

« Reply #227 on: August 20, 2011, 07:21:45 PM »
Q67
a) Can a Dual-Cursed Oracle (DCO) with Misfortune revelation use that revelation infinite times per day, aside from the once/creature/day restriction?  The text for Fortune beneath it leads me to think that you can.

b) Can a DCO use Misfortune on an ally after seeing him roll a nat 2 or whatever to potentially roll better on the re-try?

c) Does the DCO count as "a creature within 30 ft" and thus able to target himself with Misfortune once/day himself as well?

[spoiler]
Quote from: Pathfinder SRD
A dual-cursed oracle gains a new revelation at 5th level and 13th level. These are in addition to the normal revelations she receives at 3rd level, 7th level, and so on. In addition, the cursed oracle may select the following revelations in place of a mystery revelation.

You can use this ability once per day at 5th level, and one additional time per day for every six oracle levels beyond 5th.
[/spoiler]

Pretty sure the answer to all 3 is yes, but it'd be nice to make sure. :)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #228 on: August 21, 2011, 09:51:33 AM »
A67A
Yes, its as per the Witch's hexes, which works once per target for the most part but is otherwise unlimited

A67B
Yes.

A67C
Yes., you are indeed a creature within 30ft of yourself.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Ed-Zero

« Reply #229 on: August 21, 2011, 01:34:47 PM »
Q68: Do you still get the Oracles final revelation if you only take one level in it and proceed in another class to 20? (ex: oracle 1/cleric 19). The way that its worded looks like you get the revelation whenever you hit level 20 in any class, so I thought I'd see what others have to say about it.

Q69: Do the oracles curse still give you their abilities if you take one level in if? I've seen people post their oracle 1/barbarian  4 so they never get fatigued after they rage.

StreamOfTheSky

« Reply #230 on: August 21, 2011, 03:51:57 PM »
A68

No.  Final Revelation is a 20th level class feature, and is shown on the Oracle's table.  When a class ability refers to your level, it means class level unless explicitly stated otherwise.  The only part of oracle that advances outside of actual Oracle levels is the curse abilities, and even then, only at half rate (see below).

A69

Yes, your curse benefits accrue at +1 effective oracle level per 2 non-Oracle levels/HD, similar to Initiator level in Tome of Battle.  With one level in Oracle, you would need another 8 levels somewhere else for an effective Oracle level of 5, which is when the Lame curse grants fatigue immunity.  So a Barbarian 8 / Oracle 1 would do it.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/oracle-cursesplus one for every two levels or Hit Dice other than oracle."

StreamOfTheSky

« Reply #231 on: August 21, 2011, 03:53:37 PM »
A67A
Yes, its as per the Witch's hexes, which works once per target for the most part but is otherwise unlimited.

Well, it might work as per the Witch's hexes, but RAW it's superior since the witch's similar hex ability states that the target MUST take the worst result. :)

Daniel678

« Reply #232 on: August 22, 2011, 01:35:29 AM »
Ops, wrong thread
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 05:39:26 AM by Daniel678 »

Luckanan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #233 on: August 23, 2011, 03:24:19 AM »
Q70: Is there an X to Y stat bonus thread for Pathfinder?  (I'm looking, specifically, to get Wisdom to everything.)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #234 on: August 23, 2011, 03:45:51 AM »
Bump

Q 60 I know that the illithid and the beholder got 3rd party PF versions done up for them (phrenic, evil eye), but what about the githyanki? Is there a PF version of them yet?

Q 61 A while back I asked this, found it, and now lost the answer. It was a Pathfinder book (don't remember if it was the 3.5 version of current) that gave you an ACF for clerics that allowed them to gain a full BAB, but I think it sacrificed one of their domains. Anyone know where this ACF is? In the same book, a fighter gets 4+Int skills and a few more class skills in exchange for the 1st level feat.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

radionausea

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #235 on: August 23, 2011, 11:45:22 AM »
No idea about the Githyanki but there's the Holy Warrior Cleric from the Campaign Setting Book that gives up both domains for full BAB and d10 hd.
Stronghearted halflings do not exist.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #236 on: August 23, 2011, 01:23:42 PM »
there's the Holy Warrior Cleric from the Campaign Setting Book that gives up both domains for full BAB and d10 hd.
That's what I'm looking for. Thanks.

StreamOfTheSky

« Reply #237 on: August 23, 2011, 04:24:02 PM »
Q70: Is there an X to Y stat bonus thread for Pathfinder?  (I'm looking, specifically, to get Wisdom to everything.)

A70 Not that I'm aware of, but UC has a feat (Guided Hand, I think) that requires channel energy class feature (cleric) even though it doesn't utilize it.  Lets you use wis to hit with your deity's favored weapon instead of str or dex.  I think there's also a +1 weapon property guided that does the same thing.  If it's a trip weapon, you also by extension get wis on all trip maneuvers (along with disarm and sunder, as you can do those with any weapon).  Inquisitor gets wis to initiative.  Caves subdomain (Earth) gives you wis to initiative for (cleric level) minutes per day.  Monk adds wis to AC and CMD, but it's really really not worth it.  The Wisdom in the Flesh trait lets you pick one str, dex, or con skill and treat it as wisdom-based, along with making it a class skill.

All I can think of right now.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #238 on: August 23, 2011, 09:28:50 PM »
Q 71 If I wanted to go epic level with Pathfinder, what would be the progression of WBL? I was thinking that it'd be 1,176,000 for 21st, and 1,481,000 for 22nd. I base this off of the fact that as the levels have gone up, the percentage has been going down. At 20th level it was at a 1.27% increase, but had been a 1.29% increase at 19th, then a 1.3% increase from 18th. Thought I'd continue to lower it by 0.01% for each level, but that might be too much.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 10:22:52 PM by kevin_video »

Luckanan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #239 on: August 23, 2011, 10:18:54 PM »

A70 Not that I'm aware of, but UC has a feat (Guided Hand, I think) that requires channel energy class feature (cleric) even though it doesn't utilize it.  Lets you use wis to hit with your deity's favored weapon instead of str or dex.  I think there's also a +1 weapon property guided that does the same thing.  If it's a trip weapon, you also by extension get wis on all trip maneuvers (along with disarm and sunder, as you can do those with any weapon).  Inquisitor gets wis to initiative.  Caves subdomain (Earth) gives you wis to initiative for (cleric level) minutes per day.  Monk adds wis to AC and CMD, but it's really really not worth it.  The Wisdom in the Flesh trait lets you pick one str, dex, or con skill and treat it as wisdom-based, along with making it a class skill.

All I can think of right now.

Thanks so much! Unfortunately now it looks like I'll need Charisma instead. =P Could you do that same awesome thing for Charisma?