Author Topic: Dire help needed  (Read 10110 times)

Tonymitsu

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Dire help needed
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 06:02:16 PM »
Is simply banishing him an option?

I know there's like eight or nine different divine or arcane spells that send outsiders and elementals back to their home plane.
Of course if they all allow saving throws, I guess that's out.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2010, 06:10:30 PM »
That, and he'll probably just Plane Shift back again...
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 07:08:56 PM »
Zargon has this:
Divine Enervation (Su) All divine spellcasters lose the ability to regain spells so long as they remain within 100 miles of Zargon. This interdiction does not interfere with spellcasting.
The rest of him isn't anywhere near as badass as the Aspect of Atropus, but that's still a damn fine "fuck you" to CoDzillas. It's pretty ineffective if you only summon him when the battle's about to start, however.
In this campaign, spell casters of any sort can't regain spells normally. They must eat an orb that restores the spell slots(and it paralyzes the person who eats it for like 10 rounds). So Zargon can't really help

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 07:29:48 PM »
For cutting off divine spells, Libris Mortis has the Quell which can do that.  Get a bunch of them to Aid Another on their Intercession attempt and you can cut off its casting for a minute.  Get enough and it can be for 24 hours.  Gating enough in should be trivial with cheese.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 08:46:11 PM »
re: Spell-stored Sanctum Enervation: ""A sanctum spell uses a spell slot of the spell's normal level."

[-8 GMT, 05-02-2010, 00:34] Stacked explosive runes?

Reference(s):
Complete Arcane - page 82 - "Sanctum Spell [Metamagic]" feat - http://yfrog.com/2rcar80featsfortifypx

Ah, but if it's the spell slot that matters and not the spell's actual level, then there are other options, like an Energy Sub (Fire), Energy Sub (Cold), Energy Sub (Acid), Energy Sub (Electric), Born of the Three Thunders, Twinned, Empowered Orb of Acid in a level 3 slot, so he could put one of those in each arrow.

To explain: Arcane Thesis: Orb of Acid makes the above possible. It reduces the level adjustment of all metamagic applied to Orb of Acid by one. The energy subs and born of three thunders are all +0, which become -1. So that's negative five levels, and then you add plus 3 for Twin and 1 for Empower, leaving you with a net adjustment of negative one level, putting the level 4 spell in a level 3 slot.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2010, 08:55:43 PM »
I think arcane thesis has a total cap of +0?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2010, 09:28:32 PM »
I don't think it does, which is silly. If it does have a total cap of +0, replace "Orb of Acid" with "Reach Combust" and you'll have a similar effect.

Edit: Also, I just want to throw this out here: Ocular Persistent Creeping Cold.

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2010, 09:29:14 PM »
Edit: Double post.

kurashu

• Donkey Kong
  • K?
    • Androgynous Moose Hippy
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 02:37:10 PM »
For cutting off divine spells, Libris Mortis has the Quell which can do that.  Get a bunch of them to Aid Another on their Intercession attempt and you can cut off its casting for a minute.  Get enough and it can be for 24 hours.  Gating enough in should be trivial with cheese.

My thoughts. Incorporeal helps a bit, too.

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 04:16:18 PM »
Also, this elemental is the ruler of a nation(high elves) if that changes anything. We are currently rulers of the opposing faction(dark elve, but these are home brewed to be more like dunmer than drow) so we have a nation to fund anything.

actually this makes it easier...... simply Surrender .. thats right, give up to his nation .... but make sure you require Trade requirements in the treaty(they must make you a Partner in trade).... then subvert his nation from the inside.... frame him for things, so his own people turn against him.... try to instigate a Coup attempt, use his own Governmental arrangement against him ..... use paper-work and regulations as weapons

then when he is gone(by the hand of his own people) .... you turn on them ;)

:D

NiteCyper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Contact me on .NET Messenger Service.
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 05:58:48 PM »
"Much to his shock, David is sent to jail as the townspeople claim that Goliath was the best King they ever had, building roads, libraries and hospitals."

[-8 GMT, 06-02-2010, 12:59] If they can fail on a nat.-1, spam save-or-dies.

Reference(s):
Bart's Dream - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpsons_Bible_Stories
Caveat: I edit my posts, ever and anon after.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 06:17:51 PM »
"Much to his shock, David is sent to jail as the townspeople claim that Goliath was the best King they ever had, building roads, libraries and hospitals."

[-8 GMT, 06-02-2010, 12:59] If they can fail on a nat.-1, spam save-or-dies.

Reference(s):
Bart's Dream - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpsons_Bible_Stories
Way to explain the joke. :(
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 11:31:50 PM »
Also, this elemental is the ruler of a nation(high elves) if that changes anything. We are currently rulers of the opposing faction(dark elve, but these are home brewed to be more like dunmer than drow) so we have a nation to fund anything.

actually this makes it easier...... simply Surrender .. thats right, give up to his nation .... but make sure you require Trade requirements in the treaty(they must make you a Partner in trade).... then subvert his nation from the inside.... frame him for things, so his own people turn against him.... try to instigate a Coup attempt, use his own Governmental arrangement against him ..... use paper-work and regulations as weapons

We actually just learned he isn't the ruler......

He just resides in the nation somewhere.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2010, 08:04:32 AM »

We actually just learned he isn't the ruler......

He just resides in the nation somewhere.

Buff the fuck out of your bluff checks, convince his nation that he's a bad thing for them to have around. a whole nation should be able to tackle him.
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2010, 08:06:40 AM »
Buff the fuck out of your bluff checks, convince his nation that he's a bad thing for them to have around. a whole nation should be able to tackle him.
Literally, since I'm pretty sure there's no maximum to the bonus you can get to grapple from aid another.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

NiteCyper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Contact me on .NET Messenger Service.
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2010, 08:38:20 AM »
"A water elemental can’t venture more than 180 feet from the body of water from which it was conjured."

"Dust of Dryness

This special dust has many uses. If it is thrown into water, a volume of as much as 100 gallons is instantly transformed to nothingness, and the dust becomes a marble-sized pellet, floating or resting where it was thrown. If this pellet is hurled down, it breaks and releases the same volume of water. The dust affects only water (fresh, salt, alkaline), not other liquids.

If the dust is employed against an elemental with the water subtype, the creature must make a DC 18 Fortitude save or be destroyed. The dust deals 5d6 points of damage to the creature even if its saving throw succeeds.

Moderate transmutation; CL 11th; Craft Wondrous Item, control water; Price 850 gp."

Now, one might argue that without the body of water, the Elemental is free to travel anywhere, but common sense dictates "what are you smoking and can I have some?"

[-0800 07/02/2010 Sun 03:40:16] When I posted the description of the "Dust of Dryness", I didn't see the part about what it did to Water Elementals. Chuck enough of them and they're utterly destroyed (on that 5% chance of a nat.-1), MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

[spoiler]Aside, prepared dust of dryness pellets (marble-sized) is now fresh in my memory again alongside immovable rods and Quall's feather tokens in terms of usefulness.

[-0800 07/02/2010 Sun 03:45:57] I've just wowed myself on my remembrance anamnesis of "Quall".[/spoiler]

Reference(s):
Water Elemental - http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/elemental.htm
Dust of Dryness wondrous item - http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#dustofDryness
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 08:47:17 AM by NiteCyper »
Caveat: I edit my posts, ever and anon after.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2010, 01:11:40 PM »
Antimagic field is your friend?

What is this water elemental's deity?  :smirk
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2010, 06:53:32 PM »

It is a deity

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2010, 08:54:54 PM »

It is a deity

Ice Assassin. Make it fight itself.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2010, 08:55:25 PM »

It is a deity

Ice Assassin. Make it fight itself.

While fighting you.