Author Topic: Dirty Trick Handbook II, or how to force your DM to attack you without a save.  (Read 66533 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Dirty Trick Handbook II, or how to force your DM to attack you without a save.
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2010, 08:30:27 PM »
Yeah, but it doesn't work.  Before you cast a sanctum spell it's the normal level.

Let's say you're a duskblade tooling around with a sanctum burning hands prepared.  You burn it for arcane strike.  You get the benefits for burning a first level spell regardless of whether or not you're in your sanctum, since you never actually cast it.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
For some reason, elemental weirds haven't been mentioned here. Doing so because I plan on fixing them.

Same to Factotum 8 + all your feats into cunning surge. Combine with fast casting and DCFS for true brokenness. It novas hard even without 9th level spells.

Also submitting complete magic immunity. RAW, it might even eat AMFs. It certainly eats disjunctions.
Brief thread hi-jacking but all the psionics people will notice:

Is there any way to gain PP that involves taking damage (overchannel isn't good enough) or nullifying spells or powers?
There's Dweomer of Transference, which technically should apply to spells cast on you by enemies as well.

edit: Bone Talisman. that is all
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:41:04 PM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r