Author Topic: the last word in the "editions wars" ...  (Read 1536 times)

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
the last word in the "editions wars" ...
« on: January 27, 2010, 02:39:36 PM »
though the "editions war" has died down quite a bit, every once in a while it still flares up.  
this guy has what I believe is the final word on the subject.

enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 02:44:52 PM by wotmaniac »

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
Re: the last word in the "editions wars" ...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 07:23:39 PM »
If you meet Gary Gygax on the road, kill him.

I take issue with this little bit for two reasons:

1) The quote he's playing off of, "If you meet the enlightened one on the road, kill him," is intended to illustrate that everyone has to find their own path to enlightenment and not follow the examples of someone else. But wait! Didn't you just tell us to follow Gygax's example in fiddling with the rules and making the system what we want it to be?

2) OH HEY, GARY GYGAX DIED ALREADY. WAY TO GO.

Other than that, not too shabby a read.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
Re: the last word in the "editions wars" ...
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 08:22:16 PM »
Other than that, not too shabby a read.
yeah, I just ran across this site today, and am an instant fan -- this is my favorite one so far.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.