Author Topic: Helping a Friend Design Robocop  (Read 2109 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Helping a Friend Design Robocop
« on: January 26, 2010, 07:41:44 PM »
Now let me start off by saying this is kind of insane. I can't believe he wants to do this, but whatever. It's his decision, his DM's allowing it, and I think it stems from another player wanting to be Megaman (he found a good one online using warforged artificer). They are using Pathfinder, but still allowing 3.5 rules for feats, and PrCs, but they'll be updated accordingly (ie cityscape ride trade for tumble will be acrobatics, PrC saves are +1 instead of +2, outside races from the guide book gain +2 to one stat, etc).

Warforged are +2 CON, -2 WIS, -2 CHA. He's going to use the +2 to eliminate the -2 WIS. I argued that he should ask for a straight up +2 since the half orc got that, but the DM apparently already knows this, and just gave them the +2 to eliminate one bad stat. Fine. Stats are using the new 20 point system for High Fantasy (everyone starts at base 10 instead of 8, but 14 is 2 points). They are starting at ECL 6, no level buy-offs allowed (savage species style).

I went through all of the 3.5 feats, and did my best. I used to watch the series back when I was little, played the video games, and even saw the movies (despite the 3rd one being so terrible), but will probably wait until it's released on DVD before I watch the remake.

I have no idea what the campaign entails other than everyone in the party of lawful (LG human paladin, LN warforged artificer, LN half orc monk, LE half elf cleric with law domain). So we're sticking with that. Robocop seems LG, but I'll leave that up to him for what he wants to do.

Stats: STR 15, DEX 13, CON 16, INT 12, WIS 11, CHA 10. (points spent = 20)

lvl 1 - Ranger - +1 BAB, +2 F/R, Favored Enemy 1 (humanoid: humans), Urban Tracking (trade for Track), Voice of the City (trade for Wild Empathy). 1st lvl Feat: Adamantine Body
Skills: Trade Gather Information for Handle Animal, Knowledge (local) for Knowledge (nature), Sense Motive for Survival, Acrobatics (Rangers lose Jump in PF and normally gain Tumble in the trade) for Ride.
lvl 2 - Ranger - +1 BAB, +1 F/R, Combat Style Feat: Point Blank Shot
lvl 3 - Ranger - +1 BAB, +1 W, Favored Terrain 1 (Urban), Endurance (Robocop skips a lot of sleep cycles), 3rd lvl Feat: Rapid Shot
lvl 4 - Fighter - +1 BAB, +2 F, Bonus Feat: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (firearms: pistol), +1 to STR
lvl 5 - Fighter - +1 BAB, +1 F, Bonus Feat: Power Attack, Bravery +1, 5th lvl Feat: Stable Footing
lvl 6 - Reforged - +0 BAB, +1 W, Extroverted, Natural Healing

Remember I said that they were losing the strong increase for the saves, but the DM's not sure as of yet what to change in the PrC to make it more balanced. He'll figure it out, or house rule something I'm sure. My friend plans on taking two levels. These are mostly to represent the fact that he's more than just a machine, and essentially emulate the cyborg aspect of him (ie that he's got a human brain inside, and has a moral compass).

There are other feats I'd considered, and sent his way for him to consider which would make him more Robocop, but it's up to him after this point. Improved Damage Reduction (again), Overload Metabolism (represents his sleep cycles), Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Unarmed Damage, Resistance Armor: Fire. There's other feats he could use as well, not to mention the fact that there's add-ons for Robo too. Like his hockey puck busters that either grant the Feather Fall spell to a friend, or make a steel door explode. In the third movie he could even fly. Lots of stuff he could add to this character. It's just going to be a matter of money.

In the beginning it's going to be difficult for him since he'll only have a bow, and 1d4 slam attack, but Tome of Secrets (which has the PF version of Artificer) has a gun called the Forceshot Pistol. Costs 18,315 gp and it's a +1 everloaded pistol (never needs reloading) that fires a 1d6 ranged touch attack force bullet at a target. Hopefully he can afford that at some point.

Think this'll work?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Helping a Friend Design Robocop
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 08:29:07 PM »
In the beginning it's going to be difficult for him since he'll only have a bow, and 1d4 slam attack, but Tome of Secrets (which has the PF version of Artificer) has a gun called the Forceshot Pistol. Costs 18,315 gp and it's a +1 everloaded pistol (never needs reloading) that fires a 1d6 ranged touch attack force bullet at a target. Hopefully he can afford that at some point.
What were those things called? Etherblades? They're cheap but have a limited number of charges.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 08:36:52 PM »
Etherblades.  From FF, exotic weapon, 50 charges (can't be reloaded :( ), deal force damage.  They're like Jaffa staffs, really.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 09:50:06 PM »
Etherblades.  From FF, exotic weapon, 50 charges (can't be reloaded :( ), deal force damage.  They're like Jaffa staffs, really.
And the trick is to buy a bunch of them and fit your current one with a dragonshard weapon crystal, yes? (enchanted as a weapon, but price is doubled - any weapon it's attached to gains the qualities within it)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:54:17 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 09:51:02 PM »
No idea if this will help, but there's this.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 10:57:24 PM »
Etherblades.  From FF, exotic weapon, 50 charges (can't be reloaded :( ), deal force damage.  They're like Jaffa staffs, really.
And the trick is to buy a bunch of them and fit your current one with a dragonshard weapon crystal, yes? (enchanted as a weapon, but price is doubled - any weapon it's attached to gains the qualities within it)
Price is multiplied by 1.25, IIRC
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 11:25:26 PM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 01:45:21 AM »
What's FF?

kurashu

• Donkey Kong
  • K?
    • Androgynous Moose Hippy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 02:15:14 AM »
What's FF?

FiendFolio

Perhaps Warforged Juggernaut is a good bet? I remember Robocop being exceedingly badass and nigh unstoppable.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 02:27:43 AM »
FiendFolio

Perhaps Warforged Juggernaut is a good bet? I remember Robocop being exceedingly badass and nigh unstoppable.
You need Improved Bullrush, and Robocop doesn't exactly charge things. He's kind of slow moving. That and no armour spikes, and he's supposed to be worshipping the Lord of Blades. The WJ would be more along the lines of Robocop 2, or ED-209. That's definitely not Robocop.