Author Topic: Werewolf Lord build  (Read 2375 times)

xeno121

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Werewolf Lord build
« on: January 14, 2010, 07:19:08 PM »
4th level, core+forgotten realms+completes, no ToB, any other books you have to bring to him to get allowed

We'll know if he's allowing flows at character creation.

I'm going to use the savage progression from the web enhancement:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a

The current party setup we have 2 or 3 unknowns, and a gnome god wizard who will be holding onto my back buffing me and slinging spells aka enlarge person :D.

There's a few concerns I have, mainly how to make my attacks magical and able to bypass DR, and which PrC to take.

I'm going to be taking Werewolf lord, and then either warshaper or Black Blood Hunter. At least Black Blood Hunter 1 for the ability to equip wild items.

Feats,  not sure what to take.  Power Attack, maybe a charger build or something, take Lion totem barbarian for pounce.  

Here's an optimization dilemma, I personally prefer werewolves to weretigers, weretigers to me seem like the broke man's rakshasa.  Weretiger's get pounce and rake and Black Blood Hunters improved hybrid form allows that to happen while your shifted.  Which should I take?

My current order I think will be:
Werewolf2/Direwolf2/Direwolf+6/Warshaper2/BBH1/Warshaper+3/BBH+6

Black Blood Hunter seems a little lackluster, using Savage Species quick change combined with Warshaper 5 emulates the lv9BBH ability.  Warshaper gives STR/CON +4, reach, immunity to crits, increased natural attack damage die, a lot of attractive options.

I'm trying to figure out combat strategies as well, I'm thinking go wolf form, bite the shit out of people tripping them combine with imp trip to bite again.  Or go hybrid with claws or a greatsword and slash people to bits.  I was once told 2claws +bite was stronger than a greatsword+bite, it doesn't seem that way considering you can enchant the great sword.  Are there any items that allow you to enchant natural attacks other than the amulet of might fists?  I think there were some kind of monk wraps that could maybe work in some book.
First off, the Joker is a smooth operator. He is very good at convincing people of things, twisting them to further his goals. This is the guy who turned Harvy Dent into Two Face with a simple Bluff check and ten minutes of RP.

ShneekeyTheLost

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
Re: Werewolf Lord build
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 07:32:01 PM »
Savage Species has the Necklace of Natural Attacks, which is actually 600 gp more expensive than the Amulet of Mighty Fists for 2 claws and a bite, but has the advantage of being able to put weapon qualities on it RAW.  If you only do the Bite or only the claws, it's cheaper.

Warshaper 4 is a worthwhile part in the build for all the goodies (Warshaper 5 is kinda meh unless you change form often), but I would reccommend Weretiger over Dire Werewolf.  Weretiger gets better bonuses and also has better abilities in animal form, albeit 10ft slower.  Also, if you go Black Blood Hunter, you can (hopefully) retrain Lion Totem Barbarian and grab something more useful, since you would get pounce from your tigerness.

On a different path, Black Blood Cultist adds well to a lycanthrope, provided you feel like taking the grappling route.  If nothing else, the extra DR is handy.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.