Author Topic: Help me build this character (ranged/illusionist)  (Read 1147 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Help me build this character (ranged/illusionist)
« on: January 05, 2010, 10:37:10 AM »
I did a thread on characters from this series, but this is one I was unsatisfied with. She's basically a ranged combatant/illusionist.
Convenient video summarising her abilities: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJVyc20Y2Wo

Notes:
  • At first her intelligent weapon can take the form of a pistol or a pair of pistols. Later she can transform the pistols into melee weapons. In the audio dramas she can also turn her weapon into a really big pistol. A crossbow is fine too.
  • At 2:55, she's enclosing her spell in a wall of force to penetrate an antimagic field. Yes, AMFs work the same way here as in D&D.
  • The "dagger" at 5:18 is a once-off improvised spell, and is entirely dropped once her weapon gains the ability to transform into a melee weapon. No need to include it.
  • The audio-only spell at 6:55 binds an opponent with magical cables.
  • The two spells starting at 7:14 can only be used while her weapon is in its final mode. From its name, I guess the first one stuns people. The last one is a giant barrier-piercing beam powered by residual magic in the area, and requires a metric butt-ton of I-can't-believe-they're-not-nightsticks for her to pull off - here are some videos of it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 10:40:07 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]