Author Topic: level 15 Two weapon fighting help  (Read 2287 times)

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
level 15 Two weapon fighting help
« on: December 29, 2009, 12:10:59 AM »
I am looking for help with a gestalt TWF build. I have 5//15 levels left having spent the 10 taking RHD and LA and 200,000 gp. The racial stuff might seem like a waste but I got superior TWF out of it and need advice for classes and items. Any help is appreciated.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

zavule

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: level 15 Two weapon fighting help
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 12:53:12 AM »
For the 15, how about Barbarian 1 Scout 4 Ranger 10 for pounce, and swift hunter action...  Then you can just go rogue on the other side... or anything that gets you more damage dice for your two weapon fighting.  I dunno if I would go with the racial hit dice.  Really, it all depends on what you want to do.  What racial HD are you using?  Do you want to be sneaky or... what?  More information gets you more help.
DM: The iron door is enchanted with a powerful anti-magic barrier.
Zavy: The door itself?
DM: Yes.
Zavy: I get acid flasks and a pry bar.  I just found myself a new tower shield.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 01:01:33 AM »
racial HD is for multi-headed lumi. No sneaky is needed or wanted. I am thinking of using improved Manyfang Daggers but need to know if it would activate explosive or collision multiple times. Other than that I have no idea.
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 01:06:28 AM »
Maybe you could choose something with 4 or more hands and take the multiweapon fighting chain of feats, that gives more attacks in the end.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 01:31:32 AM »
Maybe you could choose something with 4 or more hands and take the multiweapon fighting chain of feats, that gives more attacks in the end.

Agreed. a multiheaded Thrikeen, for example.

But that's not what you asked for so...

Are you based on Dex or Str? Barb 1 is great for every melee build. Swift hunter is an option as noted earlier. ToB has some nice stuff in Tiger Claw for TWF.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 01:52:31 AM »
racial HD is for multi-headed lumi.
Heh, must have gotten the idea from that Lernaean Lumi I mentioned in the other thread... (4HD/6LA I believe)
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

TheEndIsNear

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 02:03:08 AM »
No...

Multi headed lumi?

I don't know if you realise but rogues sneak around and do sneak attack damage. You can do this better.

What would DFA be like? You a get a breath weapon for each head AND extra con from the template. Amazing. That deals your damage, your other side you deal with trapfinding and hiding, if thats what you want.

DFA 15 //10RHD-LA/5 XXX would be fun, something I want to try, you don't rly care about HP as the only thing that can kill you is disintegrate (DFA gives you good fort and will the 2 best and the 2 that actually affect you meaningfuly)

I won't go into spell casting as you'd win too much.

D-End

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 02:08:04 PM »
racial HD is for multi-headed lumi.
Heh, must have gotten the idea from that Lernaean Lumi I mentioned in the other thread... (4HD/6LA I believe)
Yes that is being used for all of the defence of the build. now I need combat damage and figured I might as well use superior TWF.
now quiet please. if certain GitP people find you it won't be a surprise anymore. :D
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 02:09:13 PM »
Is this for the warrior arena?

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 04:30:48 PM »
The best way to do "two weapon fighting" is through natural attacks.

You want the most natural attacks you can get? Druid//totemist or egoist//totemist.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 06:34:14 PM »

You want the most natural attacks you can get? Druid//totemist or egoist//totemist.

IIRC, you can add more through grafts.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 10:08:44 PM »

IIRC, you can add more through grafts.
Doesn't invalidate my point, though, so it still stands.    :smirk
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]