Author Topic: Kell's First Incarnation : The Firemage  (Read 4342 times)

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
Re: Kell's First Incarnation : The Firemage
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 04:22:47 AM »
Reason I like Silver Pyromancer, though, is the Untyped Damage. That, and free Empower and Blind effects on blasts.
Sanctified One of Kord may be better if you can't get Turn Undead as I propose or use another base.

Wilder 6 / Paragonistic Apostle 1 / Sactified One of Kord 1 / Wilder +12 is simple and works. Though some PrC is best, of course, this does the job.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 05:13:13 AM »
Reason I like Silver Pyromancer, though, is the Untyped Damage. That, and free Empower and Blind effects on blasts.
Sanctified One of Kord may be better if you can't get Turn Undead as I propose or use another base.

Wilder 6 / Paragonistic Apostle 1 / Sactified One of Kord 1 / Wilder +12 is simple and works. Though some PrC is best, of course, this does the job.

I don't recall them getting a free empower...I could so justify using a different metamagic reducer for that (and reinstate it in place of Sanctified One).

EDIT : Ok, I reread it.  Smiting Spell, up to 3/day, but you can't use Sacred Fire with it.  If it were constant and worked on more than evil things, I'd like it.  Kord doesn't give a damn what gets burned...guess he figures if you're too slow to move, you don't deserve to live :P
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:19:51 AM by KellKheraptis »
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 09:09:27 AM »
There's also the matter of SP getting Paladin spells. That means you get quite a few decent spells, all as Swift Actions with the right feat... Also, free Martial Weapon Proficiency with a Longbow. Why do you care? Abjurant Champion, that's why.

And let's not forget the VERY powerful Undead blasty ability, that's based on CL. That's a lot of damage.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 09:18:45 AM »
There's also the matter of SP getting Paladin spells. That means you get quite a few decent spells, all as Swift Actions with the right feat... Also, free Martial Weapon Proficiency with a Longbow. Why do you care? Abjurant Champion, that's why.

And let's not forget the VERY powerful Undead blasty ability, that's based on CL. That's a lot of damage.

I wonder if I could make a Gish out of that with Jade Phoenix Mage...it'd certainly have the proper aura active.  Here's a trippy idea : they add those as spells known, right?  Go in as a Favored Soul, get way more spells/day, and take Sword of the Arcane Order in addition to Battle Blessing.  Yay, Mystic Blastotheurge Gish on crack!
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!