Author Topic: 26th lvl Sorcerer Build (highest Cha possible)  (Read 2409 times)

Smokey_the_bear

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
26th lvl Sorcerer Build (highest Cha possible)
« on: November 21, 2009, 02:57:34 PM »
We were limited to three classes (PrC included). The build was Sorcerer 6/Rainbow Servant 10/Halruaan Elder 10. Most of this was for flavor with the characters backstory. Last night I realized that with my focus on bringing down the cost of Quicken and Persist (using PHII sorc variant), I was wasting two of my adroit casting abilities because I didn't have enough MM feats to use them on. So I dropped 6 HE levels and picked them up in Sorcerer
Two issues:

1: Since both HE and RS have full casting progression, would I technically be able to take epic Sorc lvls if I took those last 6 after the original Sorc 6/RS 10/ HE 4?

2: I need as high of a charisma score as I can possibly get (duh). I'm just having an issue finding things that stack. I started with an 18 +6 (ability points) +8 (Rod of epic splendor, it was cheaper than the cloak and provided the same bonus) +5 Tome for a total of 37

Feats are as followed:
1 Halruaan Adept
1 Spell Thematics (human)
3 Quicken
6 Easy MM [Quicken]
9 Persist
12 Easy MM [Persist]
15 Selective Spell
18 Name of the Mage (DM approved to be taken early)
21 Improved Spell Capacity
24 Improved Meta Magic

The game is tonight! I've only had two days to prepare and I've got 1,927,600 GP left

P.S. Feat re-training is not being allowed. Also, the DM is letting me replace the signature spell bonus feats that the HE gets with Spell Thematics. Not great, but better than useless :/

EDIT: There are only two people in this game. Myself and a wizard
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 03:28:28 PM by Smokey_the_bear »

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
Re: 26th lvl Sorcerer Build (highest Cha possible)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 03:27:56 PM »
If going Epic, you're usually better off taking your PrC epic. There is an Epic Rainbow Servant, it's just not written, but EVERY 10 level PrC has Epic level, that's the rule.

Also, why not consider Incantatrix, as well?
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

Smokey_the_bear

• Email
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 03:32:30 PM »
If going Epic, you're usually better off taking your PrC epic. There is an Epic Rainbow Servant, it's just not written, but EVERY 10 level PrC has Epic level, that's the rule.

Also, why not consider Incantatrix, as well?
The fact that it's just myself and a wizard made me look at Rainbow Servant for the ability to supplement healing. Especially considering the fact that he took leadership and I actually think he plans on taking all of his followers with him where ever he goes. I took a look at the Incantatrix in MoF instead of PGtF for some reason (silly me). Which also contributed to me not taking it. Though I might just drop RS and pick up Incantatrix

Smokey_the_bear

• Email
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 04:04:45 PM »
Currently reworking entire character with Incantatrix

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 05:13:30 PM »
Currently reworking entire character with Incantatrix

Halruuan Elder is still a good idea too, as it gives Circle Magic.  Recruit that Wizard's followers (and the Wizard too, if possible) and charge that puppy up!  Versatile Spellcaster can get in a level early to Incantatrix, soooo :

Sorcerer 5/Incantatrix 1-10/Halruuan Elder 5/Incantatrix 11-16

Gets epic Incantatrix goodies, circle magic, two instances of adroit casting, and two signature spells.  Pick up True Believer and a Tome of Ancient Lore, and laugh at the Wizard because now you've got the same versatility as him, only with more slots.  You can pick up more higher level slots with VS, and that can be augmented by the lower level Rings of Wizardry.  Standout metamagic feats are Extend Spell, Sculpt Spell, Persistent Spell, Empower Spell, Fell Drain, Chain Spell, Reach Spell, and maybe Ocular Spell if you really wanna persist everything.  Remember, even if it isn't a target at casting for persist, Incantatrix' Metamagic Effect only stipulates "ongoing magical effect."  Meaning once it's cast, it's fair game.  And you can add more than persist to it...Persistent Spell and then Extend Spell x 5 on a forcecage, then invite the town to poke at the BSF in lock-up :lmao

You might ask, "Why Fell Drain and Empower Spell?"  Well, at this level, it's trivial to change your feats.  You can use pocket lint to pay for a permanent tattoo of PsiRef.  Ever seen what happens when you hit someone with a twinned fell drain magic missle?  Or for that matter a trio of fell drain magic missles coming from a spell matrix?  That's a LOT of debuff.  If you have Sanctum Spell, you can throw out three Arcane Fusions from a Spell Matrix (is the 9th level one Spell Trigger?), each packing a Fell Drain Magic Missle spell, for a total of 6 instances, all autohitting with 5 missles for a total of 30 negative levels with no save.  Now we see why I advocate Halruuan Elder...caster level of 40 + your CL bonus items + Create Magic Tattoo means SR won't be a problem.  If your wizard buddy gets too uppity, kindly remind him that any time he forgets his shield spell, he can be just as fucked (or don't, and spring it on him if he ever goes rogue on you).  Just a few ideas off the top of my head.  Also, if you go the debuff missle route, remember...you both are fully capable of SoD/SoL/SoS spells...and chances are they will Die/Lose/Suck when they have a -10 to -30 to the roll.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Hitoshura

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 08:07:06 PM »
Why not just use some simulacrums?

Indeed, Rainbow Servant isn't really good with a sorcerer, remember that you must select them normally at level up in order to know them, and you won't learn anything new past level 20...

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 08:23:44 PM »
Why not just use some simulacrums?

Indeed, Rainbow Servant isn't really good with a sorcerer, remember that you must select them normally at level up in order to know them, and you won't learn anything new past level 20...

Seconded for the Sims, particularly if you can mitigate the XP cost somehow.  And RS is useless on a sorc, really, since polymorph will likely be on your buff list, and we all know what Planetar gets.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

telehax

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 04:31:09 PM »
I can only hope you meant shapechange. Or is there a definitely-completely-DM-Vetoed-even-more-broken-intepretation of polymorph i don't know about.

Ivory Knight

• Curious George
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 05:03:23 PM »
Highest CHA possible would have meant Heart Warder 10(Faith & Pantheons), but I'd agree that Incantatrix is better :rollseyes

Another fun choice for a Sorcerer(if you have access to and can get your DM to approve Dragonlance Material) would be Ambient Tempest
A 5-Level PrC from Beastiary of Krynn, that allows you to shift your Spells known(1/week IIRC) and to reduce their Level(= the Slot they use up) by applying one of several Metamagic Feats negatively. If only it wouldn't loose a casterlevel...(I used it on a Drakonian, our DM ruled I can use the same Tricks, a Kobold uses to get faster Sorc.-Advancement)