Author Topic: *NEW* Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer  (Read 165950 times)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: *NEW* Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer
« Reply #300 on: December 03, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »
A85: I don't know if it would apply but in the Epic mosters section it talks about advanced dragons who are C+ and it is a pseudo-category that was made just to increase their damage. So there is a case to be made there.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

NeverGetDrunkButStaySober

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #301 on: December 03, 2009, 05:41:43 PM »
A85:Additionally, the Immortals Handbook (3rd-party sourcebook) had rules for huge swathes of sizes. For instance, the Mortiverse (some goofy ENWorld rules experiment) is Xona-Titanic. (Titanic is the same as Colossal+.)

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
« Reply #302 on: December 03, 2009, 06:28:56 PM »
Quote from: SRD
This is a special form of ability damage that cannot be magically or psionically healed. It is caused by the use of certain psionic feats and powers. It returns only through natural healing.

You cannot heal it, but you can definitely be immune to it.

The wording on strongheart vest might be useful.  I'm away from book at the moment, so i can't check

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #303 on: December 03, 2009, 06:52:22 PM »
Q85: What happens if you grow beyond colossal?  Like, say, a wereroc cloud giant psychic warrior using augmented Expansion.  Do you just apply standard size mods from the spell and increase damage accordingly?

I don't think this is clearly defined anywhere. And I know there are somet things in epic level handbook that should be bigger then just colossal who only have normal size mods.

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
« Reply #304 on: December 03, 2009, 09:48:27 PM »
Is Soulbreaker (weapon enhancement) + Hunter's Mercy (spell) a legal combo for negative level-age?

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #305 on: December 03, 2009, 11:15:19 PM »
Quote from: SRD
This is a special form of ability damage that cannot be magically or psionically healed. It is caused by the use of certain psionic feats and powers. It returns only through natural healing.

You cannot heal it, but you can definitely be immune to it.

The wording on strongheart vest might be useful.  I'm away from book at the moment, so i can't check
Page 89:
"Any time you would take ability damage, such as Constitution damage or Strength damage, the amount of the damage is reduced by 1 point, to a minimum of 0. [snip example] Every point of essentia you invest in your strongheart vest further reduces ability damage by an additional point.  For example, if you have 3 points of essentia invested i this soulmeld, you will subtract 4 points from any ability damage dealt to you."
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Hitoshura

« Reply #306 on: December 03, 2009, 11:20:25 PM »
Q86. Is there any easy way to add Summon Nature's Ally to Wizard's spell-list? The only one i'm aware is through Rainbow Servant...
Didn't find any domain to give many of them via Arcane Disciple either...

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #307 on: December 03, 2009, 11:24:01 PM »
Q86. Is there any easy way to add Summon Nature's Ally to Wizard's spell-list? The only one i'm aware is through Rainbow Servant...
Didn't find any domain to give many of them via Arcane Disciple either...
Animal domain gets SNA4 and 8.  Prestige ranger gets 1-4.  Fey and Gnome domains give 9.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

« Reply #308 on: December 04, 2009, 12:47:07 AM »
Is Soulbreaker (weapon enhancement) + Hunter's Mercy (spell) a legal combo for negative level-age?
It's tricky, as Soulbreaker is a melee-only weapon enhancement and Hunter's Mercy applies only to bow attacks. You would need to find a bow that can be used in melee. SoX's Yuan-Ti Serpent Bow works, for instance. (But only in melee, given the details - melee and ranged are enhanced separately.)

For similar reasons, the whole concept of Manifesting Lucky arrows fails. Manifesting Lucky is a melee-only enhancement, and you only get the ammunition x1/50 reduction when using arrows as, well, ammunition (ie, with ranged enhancements).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 02:03:07 AM by NeverGetDrunkButStaySober »

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #309 on: December 04, 2009, 01:10:44 AM »
Q: 86
What are some good feats for a character using the following build structure. http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19862546/Shapeshifter__The_Epitome. Namely going for Warblade 7/ Warshaper 5/Shapeshifter 1/Master of Many Forms 7 not in that order.

CyMage

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #310 on: December 04, 2009, 01:26:03 AM »
A84  There is also Runesmith in Races of Stone(P118).  But it requires you to be a dwarf, and to have heavy armor proficiency as some of the requirements.

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #311 on: December 04, 2009, 01:38:15 AM »
I have a friend building a druid and I swear I remember a feat that allowed druids to cast a Summon Nature's Ally in a spell slot a level lower than the actual spell.  However I cannot find it anywhere now that I'm actually looking for it for her.  Can anyone help?
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein

Viletta Vadim

• Curious George
  • Metal Genocider, maximum shooto!
« Reply #312 on: December 04, 2009, 01:43:07 AM »
I have a friend building a druid and I swear I remember a feat that allowed druids to cast a Summon Nature's Ally in a spell slot a level lower than the actual spell.  However I cannot find it anywhere now that I'm actually looking for it for her.  Can anyone help?
Ring of the Beast (Complete Champion) is a magic item that has that effect.

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #313 on: December 04, 2009, 01:46:50 AM »
For similar reasons, the whole concept of Manifesting arrows fails. Manifesting is a melee-only enhancement, and you only get the ammunition x1/50 reduction when using arrows as, well, ammunition (ie, with ranged enhancements).

Umm...no?
Currently playing:
Forte Lulz, Chaotic EVIL Bard bent on world domination;
Canere Potentia, to sing of power.
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
Randall Gray, she's not sexually confused, honest!
Zion "I can make followers, but why bother when people line up for me?"
Currently DMing: Real Men Use Their Hands, World's Largest Dungeon
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #314 on: December 04, 2009, 01:51:06 AM »
Q87  Besides Human and Strongheart Halfling, are there any other races that give a bonus feat at level 1?
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #315 on: December 04, 2009, 01:52:39 AM »
Ah!  That's why I couldn't find it!  Thanks.
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein

« Reply #316 on: December 04, 2009, 01:53:38 AM »
Thought it was Manifester. Ends up being Lucky. One of those enhancements that otherwise would be nasty.

Viletta Vadim

• Curious George
  • Metal Genocider, maximum shooto!
« Reply #317 on: December 04, 2009, 01:57:31 AM »
Q87  Besides Human and Strongheart Halfling, are there any other races that give a bonus feat at level 1?
There are a few human-esque races out there that get the bonus feat.  Silverbrow human, for example.

« Reply #318 on: December 04, 2009, 02:02:39 AM »
Q87  Besides Human and Strongheart Halfling, are there any other races that give a bonus feat at level 1?
There are a few human-esque races out there that get the bonus feat.  Silverbrow human, for example.
And Azurins.

@ Rebel7284: What were you looking for, anyway? Both Silverbrow Humans and Azurins are effectively humans, for instance.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #319 on: December 04, 2009, 02:15:40 AM »
Q87  Besides Human and Strongheart Halfling, are there any other races that give a bonus feat at level 1?
Necropolitans, thanks to taint rules.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.