Author Topic: *NEW* Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer  (Read 165917 times)

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
Re: *NEW* Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer
« Reply #160 on: November 25, 2009, 02:52:15 AM »
I can see maybe getting the EB progression, but as far as invocations go, that particular PrC also only advances as per "previous class".   :shrug

(of course, that would be subject to your interpretation -- YMMV)

Hellfire Warlock also increases invocations at each level, so it should stack just fine.  Reeks of Limburger but meh...that's one of my trademark scents when I forget to use the invocation for that :P

Q48 Way to be immune to AMF?

Invoke Magic
Initiate of Mystra
IHS (kinda)

What else?

Shadow Weave Magic, maybe.  Kinda TBoS-ey though if you also take IoM.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2009, 04:09:54 AM »
A48: Spellguard of Silverymoon's Selective Spell ability can make you immune to your own AMFs.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2009, 04:15:24 AM »
even more A48:
if I read it correctly - "indigo veil" from IotSV

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

DerWille

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2009, 04:16:36 AM »
Q49: Is there a way for a Wild Shape Ranger aiming Master of Many Forms to gain all the supernatural abilities of the various things it can wild shape into?

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2009, 04:57:27 AM »
Q49: Is there a way for a Wild Shape Ranger aiming Master of Many Forms to gain all the supernatural abilities of the various things it can wild shape into?

A49 : I know Assume Supernatural Ability will get one of them at least.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

OblivionSmurf83

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2009, 05:17:59 AM »
A49 Assume Supernatural form is the obvious method, as Kell has said. As an alternative to Master of Many Forms, consider Planar Shepherd. It doesn't give you as many different types of things you can Wild Shape into, but it eventually lets you Wild Shape into elemental or Outsider forms, gaining all their ex, su and sp abilities.

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2009, 11:04:13 AM »
A49 addition: Metamorphic Transfer is more versatile, actually.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2009, 12:35:51 PM »
Q 50

The text of Snowsong (Frostburn 105) includes this passage:
When you cast the spell, you must designate all creatures in the area as either allies or enemies.
Does this means that I have to either designate all creatures in range as allies (including enemies) or designate all creatures in range as enemies (even allies)? I haven't seen this wording on any other spell that affects allies and enemies differently (like Pray or Recitation).
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2009, 12:52:08 PM »
Q 50

When you cast the spell, you must designate all creatures in the area as either allies or enemies.
Does this means that I have to either designate all creatures in range as allies (including enemies) or designate all creatures in range as enemies (even allies)? I haven't seen this wording on any other spell that affects allies and enemies differently (like Pray or Recitation).
A 50I believe it means you must designate whether all creatures in range are enemies or allies, with each creature designated independently.  So you can designate those in your party (frex) as allies and everyone else in range as enemies.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2009, 12:56:33 PM »
Q 50

A 50I believe it means you must designate whether all creatures in range are enemies or allies, with each creature designated independently.  So you can designate those in your party (frex) as allies and everyone else in range as enemies.
But then, why would it include that sentence and not just skip right to "allies get X, enemies get Y", as Prayer and Recitation do?
FAKEEDIT: Oh, I see. Those two are restricted to exactly the allies and enemies that were in the area at time of casting, while Snowsong affects people who enter the area later as well, correct? Nifty.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2009, 03:16:27 PM »
Q51 Can you take the same feat twice? Or, more specifically, Exalted Arcanist requires Purify Spell and Consecrate Spell. Over it's 5 levels, it grants two exalted feats. Could I... take Consecrate Spell with one of the exalted feats, then retrain the original taking of the feat? What about doing it on at level up, when it all happens at the 'same time' ?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2009, 04:08:56 PM »
Q51 Can you take the same feat twice? Or, more specifically, Exalted Arcanist requires Purify Spell and Consecrate Spell. Over it's 5 levels, it grants two exalted feats. Could I... take Consecrate Spell with one of the exalted feats, then retrain the original taking of the feat? What about doing it on at level up, when it all happens at the 'same time' ?
A 51

You can never take the same feat twice unless the feat description specifically states you can. However, your case is a little special since it involves retraining. Retraining generally happens before anything else is decided at level-up (even what level you're going to take), so you could retrain out CS, then take it. In the case of EA, though, it's a bit tricky, since CS is one of its prereqs. I'd say it doesn't work, since you'd need to retrain Consecrate Spell out first, and you'd only get your bonus Exalted feat upon choosing to take a level in Exalted Arcanist (which you cannot once you've retrained out Consecrate Spell), so you're out of luck. It might work at level-up when you'd gain a feat through HD, if you choose feats before class levels (don't remember).
I think that's correct, but confirmation would be nice just in case I'm tired and spouting bullshit.

tl;dr: Just use Psychic Reformation or DCFS. :p

shalandar

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2009, 06:57:31 PM »
Q52: Is there a spell that that creates a weapon for you for you to use?  (not something like a creation spell or fabricate, I mean something like, cast as spell, a long sword appears in your hand, you attack with in for X turns, then it goes away)

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #173 on: November 25, 2009, 06:58:14 PM »
A52: Summon Weapon in Complete Mage as does the Call Weapon power in Expanded Psionics Handbook/SRD.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Bloody Initiate

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: November 25, 2009, 08:18:06 PM »
Q53: Other than reciprocal bracers or 3.0 material, what are some ways to auto-confirm or auto-threaten critical hits? Everything I'm finding just helps the confirmation roll and that's not very useful.
I don't employ memes. Mass-produced ammunition, even from reputable manufacturers, tends to malfunction on occasion.

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2009, 08:22:53 PM »
Q53: Other than reciprocal bracers or 3.0 material, what are some ways to auto-confirm or auto-threaten critical hits? Everything I'm finding just helps the confirmation roll and that's not very useful.

Hunter's Mercy (spc) auto-crits with a bow, it is a first level ranger spell.

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2009, 10:39:48 PM »

There are some spells that make you consider your roll a nat 20.... Surge of Fortune in Complete Champion is one of them, IIRC...

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2009, 03:46:51 AM »
Q52: Is there a spell that that creates a weapon for you for you to use?  (not something like a creation spell or fabricate, I mean something like, cast as spell, a long sword appears in your hand, you attack with in for X turns, then it goes away)

More answers: Flame Blade (PHB), Blade of Pain and Fear (SpC), Thunderlance (SpC), and tons more others, actually. A lot of spells do this. Higher levels feature Black Blade of Disaster, too.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2009, 03:54:00 AM »
Higher levels feature Black Blade of Disaster, too.
THIS THING IS AWESOME!!!

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Ronin

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2009, 06:14:29 AM »
Q:53.   Can someone please tell me wich source i can find the sorcerer spell *wings of fury*

tyvm