Author Topic: Need help with low level solo gestalt build  (Read 3320 times)

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
Re: Need help with low level solo gestalt build
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 07:32:50 PM »
They do have a few racial feats, one of which (a tactical feat) can make them a surprisingly effective M.C. Hammer (Can't touch this!).  It's possible for them to nab a +20 dodge bonus to AC at no penalty after a couple of rounds with Improved Combat Expertise.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 08:10:10 PM »
Dancing with shadows is the feat. That or its prerequisite, can't recall which. They're in Eberron Campaign Setting.

Handy Links

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 08:15:57 PM »
Dancing with shadows is the feat. That or its prerequisite, can't recall which. They're in Eberron Campaign Setting Races of Eberron.
Fixed for ya.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2009, 08:34:30 PM »
No kidding? My friend has those two Eberron books and they are the only one I am familiar with at any rate and I managed to mix them! Great.

Handy Links

h2doh

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2010, 07:36:27 PM »
I am thinking of going into the same dungeon.  This is what I have so far:

kalashtar

str 16
dex 14
con 14
int 16
wis  6
cha  8

flaw-pathetic wisdom
flaw-weak will
f - shape soulmeld(vitality belt) +4 moral con checks, con based skill checks
f -
1 - tomb tainted soul

warblade // dread necro

If I survive I will be going into warblade//egoist.  Would it be worth it for me to put my cha up to 11 to cast the dread necro spells?  Also, I am not sure what other feat or traits to take.  thanks in advance.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2010, 07:48:21 PM »
Something I just remembered: I and a friend recently applied for a PbP game that basically revolved around fighting cats until we die (with eventually >200 cats coming at us at once being announced). DR and similar outright immunity to housecats was strictly outlawed, so we went for this build:

Dragonborn Water Orc Crusader//Totemist
Str 20
Dex 12
Con 22
Int 6
Wis 4 or 6
Cha 4 or 6

Flaw (Pathetic: Wis or Cha) - Bind Vestige
Flaw (Inattentive) - Improved Bind Vestige
1 - Shape Soulmeld (Mantle of Flame)

Traits: Slow, Night-Sighted

Totemist melds shaped:
Rageclaws
Wormtail Belt

Equipment:
Tower Shield
Flail
Club
Other assorted stuff

With 1d10 HD, 22 Con, Slow, and Rageclaws, this has 17 hit points and doesn't drop dead until it hits -10, effectively giving it 27 hit points. Wormtail Belt, Savnok's Full Plate (which is +1 due to your EBL being treated as 5), Dex, and the Tower shield add up to 26 AC. The point of essentia it gets goes into Mantle of Flame.
Most monsters of remotely appropiate CR will have a very hard time hitting. When they do hit, they're reqarded for their trouble with 2d6 fire damage, and the orc can heal with Martial Spirit and Crusader's Strike. Now, this is specialized to survive critters that only ever deal 1 damage on every attack and have 2 hp each, but it should hold up outside this scenario too. One could drop Mantle of Flame for Stone Power to capitalize on Steely Resolve, for example, and then put the essentia into Rageclaws for 3 extra hp or Wormtail Belt for even more AC.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation