Author Topic: Sword of the Arcane Order + Sorc and Ultimate Magus  (Read 1632 times)

Khorus

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • TPK FTW!
Sword of the Arcane Order + Sorc and Ultimate Magus
« on: January 06, 2010, 05:58:35 PM »
Would SotAO and Ultimate magus make nice off gish if the dm allowed battleblessing to work with this? Maybe some Geomancer in it?

Brainstorming for next game.

All dnd 3.5 no dragon mag stuff and no thirdparty is fair game. Looking for a fun gish to play.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 06:02:34 PM by Khorus »

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
Re: Sword of the Arcane Order + Sorc and Ultimate Magus
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 09:06:49 AM »
Would SotAO and Ultimate magus make nice off gish if the dm allowed battleblessing to work with this? Maybe some Geomancer in it?

Brainstorming for next game.

All dnd 3.5 no dragon mag stuff and no thirdparty is fair game. Looking for a fun gish to play.

Look for the thread "true arcane dilliante" (misspelled for ease of searching, as that's how the OP spelled it in the title), and check out my version of anklebite's Master Spellthief.  Gets dual 9's, a ton of metamagic, full 10 levels of UM, and an ending CL (technically, if you include Mystic Fire Knight sub) of 224.  Even without the sub, CL 110.  Reserves of Strength will let you gish with the best, since anything that has a cap and gives (effect)/level will give you a shitpile of (effect).  Check out the math on phantasmal steed mentioned...you basically become an F-22 pilot, complete with stealth capability, air-to-air, air-to-ground, ECM, supersonic capability, and damage negation (eh...chafe?  flares?), just like the real thing!
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Khorus

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • TPK FTW!
Re: Sword of the Arcane Order + Sorc and Ultimate Magus
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 03:31:24 PM »
*FACE PALM* didn't realize they spell progression of the paladin. But ya what you posted is awesome.