Author Topic: Dex-Based Tenflammar Shadowlord Help  (Read 1117 times)

Zaraithe

• Noob
    • Email
Dex-Based Tenflammar Shadowlord Help
« on: November 07, 2009, 02:32:49 PM »
Hey Min/Max, I've been working on a Tenflammar Shadowlord build for a bit, one that's Elven due to flavor, and I was wondering if it could be scrutinized/imporved.  The point is, at low levels, be a somewhat acceptable fighter that flourishes into a multipouncer at higher levels; this what I have so far Note, fire-elf race is character-flavor, so *probably* isn't mutable unless someone makes a good enough case (would weapon finesse or say Improved initiative be better at earlier levels?) for another race;

Fire Elf Planar Ranger* 2/Hit-and-Run Fighter* 2/Totemist 2/Swordsage 2/Tenflammar Shadowlord 4/Jaunter 4/Swordsage 4

Feats:  Blind Fight, Dodge(flaw), Mobility, Spring Attack, Two Weapon Fighting, Adaptive Style, Weapon Finesse (12th), Shadow Blade (15th?), Gloom Razor? (18?)

Now, I think I may have done something wrong, because this build ends with (as I count), 16 BAB, 7th level maneuvers, and gets Shadow Pounce as early as possible.  Have I missed something?  Planar ranger gets the knowledge: planes for Jaunter and Hide/Move Silently for Tenflammar, Hit-and-Run fighter gives this dex-based build and early opportunity for Dex to Damage and +2 to initiative, Totemist fulfills the Dimension Door Spellcasting requirement of Tenflammar with Blink Shirt, and Swordsage at those levels gets access to Assassin Stance, meeting the +2d6 sneak attack requirement for TSL at 8.  The other elements of the build, Jaunter and Swordsage, synchronize by giving a bunch of teleport based skills for the Tenflammar to work with and providing him with the -shadow- line of maneuvers for a triple-action teleport round that can hurt, especially if the teleport flanks for Strength+2xDex to damage.

That's what I have so far; if anyone can see a glaring flaw, or ways this could be improved, I would love to hear them.  One option I've considered is going Planar Ranger 1/Swashbuckler 3, but that loses out on TWF and the Hit-and-Run variant goodies.

*uses following variants:  Planar ranger from Unearthed Arcana, Elf substitution level for ranger in Races of the Wild, Hit-and Run fighter variant from Drow of the Underdark.