Author Topic: Min/Max some superheroes  (Read 15066 times)

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
Re: Min/Max some superheroes
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2009, 02:15:23 PM »
idk that superman has a dump stat, maybe dex.

there is a bit in there about the collected knowledge of the 12 known galaxies, and the various instruction via the fortress.
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

winter_soldier

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2009, 04:39:09 PM »
I really don't think that levels are the simplest way to duplicate the likes of Superman, Captain Marvel, Orion, etc. I think ridiculously powerful templates (Kryptoniam, Chosen of the Wizard Shazam, etc.) are the way to go.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2009, 07:29:59 PM »
Also, Squirrel Girl = Pun-pun The DM :P
Yeah, but no one cares about her. Stupid joke of a character.

Doom fears Squirrel Girl...

Eh, I say Batman's an Aristocrat/Expert. I mean, his toughness and fighting skills are just a result of being higher level than everyone else. Hit dice and BAB. And he's got piles of wealth.

Hell to the idea that he's the world's greatest detective, considered one of the world's smartest minds and regarded as the zenith of human perfection...

Ralph Dibny might give him a run for his money.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Majere

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2009, 07:33:13 PM »
I can actually see The Hulk as a Druid, with dunno Orc as wildshape or something like that.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2009, 08:18:41 PM »
I can actually see The Hulk as a Druid, with dunno Orc as wildshape or something like that.

Self-resetting Cancer Mage maybe, so that way he isn't super buffed all the time, only when he gets REALLY pissed?
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2009, 08:39:50 PM »
Goliath barbarian (mountain rage)/frenzied berserker/war hulk. When you rage you grow to Large size. When you stop raging you no longer qualify for war hulk, so you lose its drawbacks.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sooner

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Human Factotum 1 - D&D Focus
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2009, 01:31:26 AM »
Dexter Morgan

Factotum5/assassin8

almost always using the death attack for paralysis

Key skills: hide, move silently, bluff, gather information, use rope, profession (blood work guy), sense motive

I'd add some chameleon for an unarmed strike feat occasionally. [spoiler]I mean he does fight the Special Forces guy in hand to hand combat. in there but I want to thank you for putting this up, Dexter is awesome.[/spoiler]

Here's and interesting question though: Alignment is he NE or LE or LG or LN?

winter_soldier

• Email
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2009, 07:24:50 AM »
Dexter Morgan

Factotum5/assassin8

almost always using the death attack for paralysis

Key skills: hide, move silently, bluff, gather information, use rope, profession (blood work guy), sense motive

I'd add some chameleon for an unarmed strike feat occasionally. [spoiler]I mean he does fight the Special Forces guy in hand to hand combat. in there but I want to thank you for putting this up, Dexter is awesome.[/spoiler]

Here's and interesting question though: Alignment is he NE or LE or LG or LN?

LN

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2009, 07:33:09 AM »
I've always had Dexter as LE. The code makes him lawful and while he usually kills bad guys he's still a serial killer.

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2009, 02:08:43 PM »
lawful evil fits him best.
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

SwordDisciple

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2009, 06:48:54 PM »
deleted due to lack of thread context
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 09:26:39 PM by SwordDisciple »

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2009, 07:18:13 PM »
why the hell is Hulk turning into a Dragonhawk? and why 2 fighter levels? drop one, move Monk, and I think you can fit Fist of the forest.

and I think Half-Orge (the Dragon Magazine one) fits much better then Draconic. And makes him large.

and dropping to RSB 8 and getting to FB 3 makes a lot more sense thematically but I understand that we are optimizing here :)

winter_soldier

• Email
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2009, 07:19:33 PM »
STR is FAR too low for the Hulk.

SwordDisciple

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2009, 08:09:37 PM »
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 09:27:00 PM by SwordDisciple »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2009, 08:28:56 PM »
Why Dragonhawk? It has one of the best str forms available for a primevil.
It's. A giant. Hawk. The Hulk is not a giant invisible hawk with extending limbs.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

SwordDisciple

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2009, 09:06:46 PM »
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 09:27:14 PM by SwordDisciple »

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2009, 09:17:06 PM »
Yes.. This I know.

It wasn't designed with Hulk in mind and I thought some-one might be able to adapt it to suit. If you can tell me a 8HD or less Dire/Prehistoric Creature that thematically fits the Hulk then I will happily change it to suit. Please forgive me for attempting to help out Prime32..

The second build was designed as a Hulk replica.

The only issue is getting the Hulks extreme strength when he is really angry. Some plotted out Supermans Str as being in the 700's to throw a locomotive.. How about Hulks Str when he threw a mountain?

Don't act like we're being jerks. Your build made no sense in the context of the thread!

SwordDisciple

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2009, 09:31:18 PM »
Fair enough bearsarebrown. I'm not calling you jerks. Just tried to put something forward that could be adapted to suit. Since I don't know of a creature that fits the Hulk thematically I have removed the build, especially since it made no sense in the context of the thread.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2009, 04:40:21 AM »
I've been trying to get Hulk to work, and I've got some sort of a concept working, wondering what you guys think about the legitimacy.

Bruce Banner is Barbarian 1/Cancer Mage 1/Wizard XXX. Rearranged and take prestiges as you see fit, be sure to get 9th level spells. You take Craft Contingency.

To start:
1. Genesis yourself a demiplane that moves REALLY REALLY fast in the time stream. As fast as it can go. (this is the biggest issue, how fast can I make it RAW?)

When you rage, your contingencies start to go off:
1. You Plane Shift to your plane.
2. You give yourself Festering Rage.
3. You Astrally Project back to the battlefield.
4. You Polymorph in a War Troll or something thematic.
5. FIGHT!
6. When rage runs out, Cure Disease.

Hypothetically, the per/day basis of Festering Rage stacks super fast due to you being on the faster demiplane, but you act as if you're in the normal time stream.

What this achieves for The Hulk:
1. You're still Bruce Banner! Everyone knows that scientists are Wizards.  :P
2. When you rage, you get NI strong, which as some of you may know, is actually what the Hulk does.
3. When your rage is over, you lose your strength.
4. Thematically you act similar to the Hulk, transforming into something bigger and getting super strong, then taking damage when you are done.

EDIT: Gestalt makes this work a lot better too. You're able keep 9th level spells and get things like Frenzied Berserker and Fist of the Forest.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 04:42:34 AM by bearsarebrown »

winter_soldier

• Email
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2009, 10:46:52 AM »
Huh.....not too shabby. What about a mechanic to represent the Hulk's rage ("madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets")