Author Topic: Lvl 35 gestalt.  (Read 8602 times)

Hitoshura

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: Lvl 35 gestalt.
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2009, 01:58:10 PM »
I'm not that sure

Hitoshura

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2009, 01:59:36 PM »
I'm not that sure

Edit: Oh, that's right, guess i read the wrong thing

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2009, 04:08:51 PM »
I was actually referring to

Each time the psion attains a new level, he learns two new powers of any level or levels that he can manifest.

Emphasis mine.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2009, 01:45:48 AM »
IF custom magic item are allowed use one item to nullify casters. torc of Null Psionics field and anti magic field. this allows you to be immune to most casters allowing a melee fighter build.
Failing that I link you here http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2287.0 for all the optimization tricks you could possibly need.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2009, 01:46:44 AM »
IF custom magic item are allowed use one item to nullify casters. torc of Null Psionics field and anti magic field. this allows you to be immune to most casters allowing a melee fighter build.
Failing that I link you here http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2287.0 for all the optimization tricks you could possibly need.

Epic spellcasting means no one gives a shit about AMF.
And most of dirty tricks handbook is TO.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2009, 02:16:04 AM »
what are the  chances he has a really high sense motive check?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 01:13:10 AM by jojolagger »
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2009, 01:18:53 AM »

Epic spellcasting means no one gives a shit about AMF.
And most of dirty tricks handbook is TO.

Regular spellcasting means nobody gives a flying fark about AMFs. I can think of lots of ways to avoid and/or become immune to it, even just in core.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2009, 01:24:16 AM »
Oh, quickened Wall of Stone, what problems CAN'T you solve? (I mean, if nothing else, they have to turn off the AMF to deal with it in most circumstances)
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2009, 02:34:16 PM »
In all honesty, AMFs hurt fighter-types more than mages, because at least spellcasters can do something about them.

Useful for taking out smaller Su-users, though (the ones that don't have Str scores at or above 30). And neutering naturally ethereal/incorporeal foes.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 02:38:24 PM by Lycanthromancer »
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Giblets

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2009, 02:58:31 AM »
So I'm bumping this thread seeing as I just received an email containing house rules.

Can anyone tell me the difference between 3.0 and 3.5 DR, this game will use 3.0 DR and I no longer have access to a 3.0 PHB.

Also one of the house rules that I really enjoy is a feat every level double starting gold. Which for lvl 35 I believe would be 15.8 million.

LA only counts as one side of the gestalt, a racial class, or can be bought off with xp. Can have to PrC at the same time.

Ive been putting a lot of thought into this character and I think I might go with a mixture of shoestrings action abuser and the hood. Do guys think that would be too cheesy.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 04:52:16 AM by Giblets »

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2009, 05:03:46 AM »
Level 35 gestalt with those rules; EVERYTHING is cheesy.

Giblets

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2009, 05:08:13 AM »
Well I'm going for survival without using something just completely crazy. I realized that hulking hurler was over the top so that was quickly scrapped. Ive never had a character die and I'd like to keep that record.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2009, 05:46:20 AM »
I ammend my previous recommendation : with 3.0 rules in place, Druid wild shaping just became king of the roost in epic.  Three words : Dragon.  Wild.  Shape.  Now run your favorite Gish up the other side, based on Wizard, and abuse actions as a DRAGON.  Oh, and if you get their spellcasting too, you can always burn their innate spells on Arcane Strike, while persisting something like Wraithstrike.  Wild Reaper druid too, if Dragon is allowed, because innate fast healing is sexy.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Giblets

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2009, 06:11:37 AM »
Were only using 3.0 for DR, not for everything.

Giblets

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2009, 04:07:46 PM »
Ok so in no particular order I believe I have my class levels figured out, advice, comments?

Blade dancer1
Generic warrior2
generic expert1
barbarian1
swift blade 10
Wizard 1
Factotum 15
cleric 1
contemplative1
pious templar 1
Iaijutsu master 2
cerebromancer 10
psion 10
RKV 7
Crusader 1
Warblade 7

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2009, 05:38:02 PM »
Can you give us a bit more detail? It seems a bit scattered and random. Do Swiftblade and Cerebremancer progress the same arcane base? Is it Wizard or Factotum? Why 15 Factotum levels? Why Warrior 2?

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2009, 05:51:41 PM »
see here.
I also advise looking into a legacy item. find out more here.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 06:10:48 PM by jojolagger »
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Giblets

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2009, 11:06:41 PM »
Well this build is a way less optimized hood variant, with 20th level manifesting, 17th level casting and a fair amount of action abuse.

The warrior 2 is to get evasion and improved evasion, use expert for the UA version of uncanny dodge which gives uncanny dodge and improved uncanny dodge as one bonus feat. Swift blade and cerebromancer will bring me up to 17th level casting. I will have a base land speed of 120 helping my jump checks tremendously.  Iaijutsu master for cha to init, templar for weapon spec and mettle, contemplative for a bonus domain,  cleric  and crusader to qualify for rkv.

Also having the casting ability of a 17th lvl wizard would allow me to cast a persistent haste which cant be dispelled as a 10th level swift blade.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 11:12:51 PM by Giblets »

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Going gestalt? Look under the Hood!
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2009, 05:23:21 PM »
Hood is a good start as a melee character, but as I mentioned in the Epic section, you will need spells unless your DM is antimagic-happy!  Also, casting provides a spiffy second side for gestalt.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2009, 08:22:17 PM »
The very old Epic Board, had a competition for 50th level Gestalt. I found Reason Stealer, and was gonna use it to get everything, and I mean everything.
They said no ... and go to the CO-board you !@#$.
I was like: WTF ?!

That's when I discovered all this fun stuff.

Epic Spells / Power = win
More Epic Spells / Powers = more win

I kinda a don't use this loop thing.