Author Topic: Warforged meat(steel) sheild  (Read 4106 times)

DetectiveJabsco

• Bi-Curious George
  • Here's To Life
    • Email
Warforged meat(steel) sheild
« on: October 26, 2009, 03:14:34 AM »
So I wanna play a Forged in a new game.
I was thinking Barb1 (frenzy/lion) fighter6 (dungeon crasher) warforged juggernaut 5, but i dont know to finish.
also would a warblade 20 be better and simpler?

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
Re: Warforged meat(steel) sheild
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 03:22:31 AM »
Do you want to deal damage or tank? You say meat shield but the build you post is pretty obv. a damage build.

DetectiveJabsco

• Bi-Curious George
  • Here's To Life
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 03:33:45 AM »
meat sheild is any BSF as far as i thought, I was looking for melee dmg

also all source blah blah.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 04:04:43 AM by DetectiveJabsco »

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 04:21:49 AM »
Maybe it's just me but I separate meat shield and beat stick. :P Frenzied Bezerker is a great finish for any melee build, but that really depends on the group. Warblade might be a good dip, get some basic maneuvers.

My opinion? Templates. Or monster class but if your Warforged that probably won't happen. Lolth-Touched, Half Minotaur, Mineral Warrior, Feral... Though I'm not positive on eligibility.

DetectiveJabsco

• Bi-Curious George
  • Here's To Life
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 04:23:14 AM »
I can do anything really, templates are a no no, level 1, but frenzied + juggernaut is win right no mind effecting rite?

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 05:20:48 AM »
Maybe it's just me but I separate meat shield and beat stick.

No, I do too. It always bothers me when people ask for help making a Tank, but they really just want to build a Barbarian Charger. :banghead (not specifically you Jabsco, tank actually bothers me more and it happens a lot).

About Juggernaut + FB = win: Technically, no, the FBs Frenzy ability makes no mention of being a mind-afflicting effect, or any sort of morale or compulsion either. So, you'll still try to attack your friends.

DetectiveJabsco

• Bi-Curious George
  • Here's To Life
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 05:39:24 AM »
so atleast 1 lvl dip into warbade for iron aura or w/e its called, any ideas for a full build.

Desca

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 08:23:08 AM »
so atleast 1 lvl dip into warbade for iron aura or w/e its called, any ideas for a full build.

If you make the dip in level 17 you can pick Lvl 5 maneuvers.
For offense, since you are a charger, I like Pouncing Charge (lvl 5) for full attack on a charge; but it costs 2 Tiger Claw prereq...
For defense, Iron Heart Surge (Lvl3). Maybe Wall of Blade as a prerequisite of IHS (Lvl2).

1 Barb 1 - Adamantine Body
2 Fighter 1 - Bonus F1: Power Attack
3- Fighter 2 - Destructive Rage; Bonus F2: Cleave
4- Fighter 3
5- Fighter 4 - Bonus F4: Improved Bullrush
6- Warforged Jugg 1 - Intimidating Rage
7- Warforged Jugg 2
8- Warforged Jugg 3
9- Warforged Jugg 4 - Feat   (Leap Attack?)
10- Warforged Jugg 5
11 - Frenzied Berserker 1
12 - Frenzied Berserker 2 - Feat
13 - Frenzied Berserker 3
14 - Frenzied Berserker 4
15 - Frenzied Berserker 5 - Feat
16 - Frenzied Berserker 6
17 - Frenzied Berserker 7 or Warblade 1
18 - Frenzied Berserker 8 or FB 7 - Feat
19 - Frenzied Berserker 9 or FB 8
20- Frenzied Berserker 10 or FB 9

I only filled the prerequisite feats. You don't have feats to spare until lvl 9.
Also, FB 10 gives you Tireless Frenzy and Supreme PA for lots of damage; but Warblade 1 has the stance and maneuvers... so it's up to you.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 08:46:00 AM by Desca »

DetectiveJabsco

• Bi-Curious George
  • Here's To Life
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 08:50:48 AM »
thanks mate!

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 01:32:34 PM »
Iron heart surge can also end your frenzy to keep you from attacking and killing your friends.

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 09:26:46 PM »
Defense?  What is this defense you speak of.  At high levels, AC doesn't matter, remember?  Find some way to get a miss chance.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 10:32:19 PM »
It's worthwhile getting Endurance (crappy, but a prerequisite) and Steadfast Determination.  This means you will have excellent Fort and Will saves (including no longer auto-failing on Fort saves).
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 10:34:43 PM »
Iron heart surge can also end your frenzy to keep you from attacking and killing your friends.

You can't trigger it, though.  Because you're frenzying, and that wouldn't be an attack.

I prefer tossing a couple of dozen marbles at them instead.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 04:14:24 AM »
Ranger 1/Fighter 6/Abolisher 1/Master of Many Forms 7/Warforged Juggernaut 5

Say hello to regeneration + immunity to non-lethal = pseudo immortality. Fiddle with those figher/ranger levels depending if you want dungeoncrasher or not; maybe toss in warblade instead of fighter.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Bloody Initiate

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 04:24:07 AM »
Where is Abolisher?
I don't employ memes. Mass-produced ammunition, even from reputable manufacturers, tends to malfunction on occasion.

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 08:31:56 AM »

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 11:26:52 AM »
Ranger 1/Fighter 6/Abolisher 1/Master of Many Forms 7/Warforged Juggernaut 5

Say hello to regeneration + immunity to non-lethal = pseudo immortality. Fiddle with those figher/ranger levels depending if you want dungeoncrasher or not; maybe toss in warblade instead of fighter.
That's ridiculous, that Abolisher, it's the Frickin Wildshape Ranger, all without giving anything up, except 1BAB (and 4 hours WS duration), AND you gain more favoured enemies. People talk about how the Wildshape Ranger is a good entry into MoMF, but this blows it out of the water entirely.
Even Swift Hunters can work like this: Lion Totem1/Fighter1/Ranger1/Scout4/Abolisher1/MoMF 7/(Juggernaut 5, if possible, I don't know the prereqs).
You can pounce with +4D6/+3AC (with Improved Skirmish), have 3 favoured enemies, take lots of nasty shapes with tons of natural weapons. Your durations won't initially be that great, and will cap out at 8 hours. You won't be a stupid valorous weapon charger, but still nice....

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 12:45:50 PM »
The issue is that the maximum hitdice you can turn into is very limited with abolisher. The build mentioned before can only turn into creatures with a maximum of 8 hit dice. Shapeshifter from oriental adventures works better as the maximum hit dice for the transformation is equal to your character level.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 02:01:51 PM »
The issue is that the maximum hitdice you can turn into is very limited with abolisher. The build mentioned before can only turn into creatures with a maximum of 8 hit dice. Shapeshifter from oriental adventures works better as the maximum hit dice for the transformation is equal to your character level.
Damn, I totally missed that. I somehow thought it WAS character level all along...

Edit1:
Ok, I adapt my idea: You need Mystic Ranger 8 with SotAO to enter Shapeshifter, then immediately jump to MoMF.
Lion Totem 1(but you don't need that so urgently, you can cast Lion's charge)/Scout3/Mystic Ranger 8/Shapeshifter1/MoMF7/

Edit2:
Where in OA does it say that your max HD are as your character level for the wildshape of the Shapeshifter?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 02:39:57 PM by Brainpiercing »

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 02:14:20 PM »
Well, Trolls have Regeneration at 6 HD, so it's easy enough.  Then you only take fire and acid damage.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.