Author Topic: Better feat for big damage: battlejump or stormguard warror?  (Read 1862 times)

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
Better feat for big damage: battlejump or stormguard warror?
« on: October 18, 2009, 04:10:24 AM »
the build is a human warblade, going into Mo9. has a 1 lvl dip of barb for pounce too.. hes basically a power charger.

i have a few feats to play with.. and just need to know would leap of heavens/battle jump be better for HUGE damage or would robilars/stormguard ?  his dex isnt that high(13), so i dont know if he would get that much effect out of stormguard's channel the storm.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
Re: Better feat for big damage: battlejump or stormguard warror?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 05:05:36 AM »
With a Mo9, I'm assuming you'll be using strikes, yes? With strikes, you wont be making huge numbers of attacks per round, but instead one huge one. As long as you're not focusing on Stone Dragon, which needs you to be in contact with the ground, I'll say that a battlejumper getting that extra x2 damage or trip attempt on one almighty hit, if you can max that jump skill (which you should!), will combine nicely with powerful strikes.

Then again, I have a sort of bias towards battlejump/leap of heavens/leap attack, so yeah...

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 06:45:56 AM »
Actually, if possible, combine them: Touch attacks with Stormguard, then use that Jump manouvre from Tiger Claw to initiate your Battlejump-charge as a Swift Action.

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 11:38:14 AM »
Actually, if possible, combine them: Touch attacks with Stormguard, then use that Jump manouvre from Tiger Claw to initiate your Battlejump-charge as a Swift Action.

NICE!  :clap but i dont have room for both.. only 1.. Mo9 is a real feat hog...

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 11:40:16 AM »
Personally, I'd never bother with Mo9, since it's indeed quite the feat hog and doesn't really give anything in return.
Anyway, maybe some flaws? A lvl of Fighter? An item of permanent Heroics?

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 12:07:46 PM »
Personally, I'd never bother with Mo9, since it's indeed quite the feat hog and doesn't really give anything in return.
Anyway, maybe some flaws? A lvl of Fighter? An item of permanent Heroics?

i think mo9 give very nice abilities, and the amount of stances/maneuvers is amazing. my biggest problem with it is the med BaB.. that never made sense to me.. as a MASTER of so many disciplines you dont hit as accurately as a regular fighter? huh?

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 12:10:09 PM »
I won't try to talk you out of Mo9, but I wanted a lot of Stances & Manouvres, Warblade16/Crusader4 or Swordsage4 would give very close to the same amount, without all the drawbacks.

axleleft

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 03:16:03 PM »
Depends on your preferred combat style. If you like charging into the middle of a group of opponents and then sitting there and laughing off their feeble attempts - Robilar's Gambit. Battle Jumper requires more of the hit and run mentality. Check out the Dragoon handbook if you want a nice run down of what you could do.

Are you using any of your feats to get martial maneuvers a Warblade? Perhaps free that up with a level or two of Swordsage or Crusader?

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"