Author Topic: Derro Fleshwarper help  (Read 1444 times)

Magrus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Derro Fleshwarper help
« on: October 07, 2009, 05:23:08 PM »
Hello folks, I am looking for some help with an NPC that I want prepared for a gestalt campaign I am running currently. He may end up being a minor, or if the players dig around his home too closely, a major part of the game. As such, I figured I would simply flesh him out just in case so I am prepared. The concept is that he will be working underground, under the shop his apprentice runs. Which means, I shall need an apprentice too. I plan to have him be a sane Derro, that's still quite a bit deranged due to some rather bad experiences which led him to his fleshwarper experiences. Hence, he shall have a +6 Wis, -6 Cha instead of the other way around, in addition to the bonuses to Dex (+4) and Con (+2). Being small in size, and a recluse, I figured I would set him up as a Cloistered Cleric of Tharizdun with the Madness and Force Domains. I'm open to other suggestions, but it seems the easiest way for me to go about this.Given requirements from the PrC, I need Heal: 10 to get Graft Flesh feat as a requirement, but I also need Summon Familiar as a class ability, which is giving me issues here. Which is why I bring this to you. Any thoughts on how to make this less of a jigsaw puzzle type thing by throwing different classes together and stick with one base class in order to get Summon Familiar, K: Arcana 8 and Heal 10 so I can get Graft Flesh and enter this PrC easily?

My race I am picking adds 3 monstrous HD and +2 LA, bumping him up, but realistically, it just adds BAB and some extra HP to the build and some random goodies in order to throw off the gestalt characters he'll be possibly dealing with. He's more than twice their level, so I'm not looking to build a combat ready NPC here to kill them. More as a frightening captor, which if they end up captured by the apprentice, he performs experiments on them. His CL would only be 12th level as a cleric, and 1st as a Wizard. High enough to cause my party, which is at ECL 7 gestalt atm, they may go up 1-3 levels by the time they reach this guy, trouble but not enough to completely blow him away. Any suggestions are welcome, as I am just doing conceptual work right now myself with holes to fill all over the place. I figured I may pick up some while I did my research.

An aside, I have been wanting to make myself a baddie that used poisons as just a part of the package. Which is why I took those two feats there. They're unnecessary, but I figured it fit the flavor and could be used to make a nice way to pull the party down without a major spell slinging combat needed. Keeping them weak with Dragon Bile to keep them in captivity would be useful for his experiments.

A breakdown of important points for initial concept then:

Derro (3 racial, +2 LA)
CE Alignment
Tharizdun (Force, Madness domain)
Wizard 1/Cloistered Cleric 8/ Fleshwarper 5 (?)

HP: 3d8+9d6+5d6
Stats: (Using a 36 point buy here which I am flexible on, +4 Level increases from HD, +/- Racial added in)
Str 10 Dex 18 Con 16 Int 14 Wis 28 Cha 4
AC Modifiers: +1 Size, +2 Natural Armor, +4 Dex

Racial Benefits: Poison Use, Darkvision 60 ft, SR 15, Sneak 1d6
Skills: Derro have a +4 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks.
Spell-Like Abilities:

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Derro Fleshwarper help
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 05:29:40 PM »
I suppose theoretically you could do something like
adept\hexer\prestige pally of slaughter\fleshwarper?
battle blessing would give decent spell rate of fire
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 05:37:15 PM »
Mystic Wanderer gives familiars to divine characters as well as cha to AC

Magrus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 10:10:25 PM »
Mushroom, where would Mystic Wanderer be from?

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 11:10:31 PM »
This says that it's in Magic of Faerun.

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 12:50:30 AM »
This says that it's in Magic of Faerun.