Author Topic: Building Batman, as an Artificer  (Read 4174 times)

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
Building Batman, as an Artificer
« on: October 06, 2009, 02:52:38 AM »
Ok, of all the Tier Ones, this is the one I have the least experience with.  If I were to build a medieval Bruce Wayne out of an Artificer (or most likely a Psionic Artificer), how would I go about it?  I would imagine it's the concept that fits the best (keenly intelligent, competent in combat, gifted in design tech, but still human-i.e. d6 HD), and from the sounds of it they're capable of replicating absolutely anything, given time.  So let's have at it, let's make the Batman.

EDIT : Though don't think that limits you to Human only...this is CO afterall :P
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
Re: Building Batman, as an Artificer
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 02:57:02 AM »
personally, I prefer a warforged for the wand sheaths. they are just too awesome to forget.... especially since after you buy the two that take up your bracer slots, you can start adding on unslotted ones  :D
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 03:06:42 AM »
I might do some research into Ninjaficers as a jumping point. But also look into ways to be wealthy like the Favored in House or Landlord feats.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 03:10:59 AM »
personally, I prefer a warforged for the wand sheaths. they are just too awesome to forget.... especially since after you buy the two that take up your bracer slots, you can start adding on unslotted ones  :D

I had entertained that notion, though then Batman becomes more like a Terminator.  Heh, have that as a side project to this one, let's also build a cyborg :P

I might do some research into Ninjaficers as a jumping point. But also look into ways to be wealthy like the Favored in House or Landlord feats.

I thought about Landlord just because there's no reason you can't use the home defense gear offensively.  What does FiH do, and by Ninjaficers I'm guessing you mean an arty who uses a lot of Ranger and Assassin list spells to be sneaky?
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 03:12:46 AM »

I had entertained that notion, though then Batman becomes more like a Terminator.  Heh, have that as a side project to this one, let's also build a cyborg :P

there are quite a few mega-man artificer builds floating around.
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 03:21:49 AM »
Batman needs levels of chameleon.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 07:15:19 AM »
Or factotum... though chameleons need preparation time. :p

See this thread: The Utility Belt; or what you should be wearing around your waist
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 09:17:52 AM »
Or factotum... though chameleons need preparation time. :p

See this thread: The Utility Belt; or what you should be wearing around your waist

That thread is already one of my main used bookmarks :P  I'd also entertained the notion of making Batman akin to the ardent mage-slayer.  I'm still trying also to get death attack on an Ardent build with 10 levels of Ardent for easy recharge...is there a less class-intensive method?
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 11:32:38 AM »
I'm still trying also to get death attack on an Ardent build with 10 levels of Ardent for easy recharge...is there a less class-intensive method?
Um... ardent 10/assassin 10? ???
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 11:42:13 AM »
Or Telflammar Shadowlord. The Assassin swift action death attack combo is hard to give up though.

Handy Links

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 08:53:54 PM »
So I think the best thing to do might be to look what what aspects of Batman can we fold and fit into a character like this?

Some of the top of my head:
Shuriken-throwing
Crime-solving
Stealth-based combat
Fear-based persuasion
Gadgets
Obscure-knowledge
Rich

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 08:58:06 PM »
Or Telflammar Shadowlord. The Assassin swift action death attack combo is hard to give up though.

Eh?  Death Attack as a swift action psionically?  Tell me more...the build skeleton by Haiken-Edge is the framework for my PK >.>
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

LargePrime

• Curious George
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 03:08:09 PM »
Honestly two levels of Chamelon (ROD111) is a great idea.  It costs you a feat, but you get a feat you can change every day.  Very handy for a crafter; especially once you go epic.

Also lead lined Thieving Helmet (A&E26).