Author Topic: Wizard/Unseen Seer Skill Monkey in all-Wizard party  (Read 2613 times)

Eldariel

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Wizard/Unseen Seer Skill Monkey in all-Wizard party
« on: October 05, 2009, 09:32:31 PM »
Well, I'm playing in an all-Wizard game right now and the character is already in action; Arathion Lingothien by name. He's Gray Elf Rogue 1/Wizard 3 heading for Unseen Seer on 6, and as the feats probably reflect, he's first and foremost picking up the slack for the rest of the party skill-wise.

Able Learner has been approved for non-Human and Nymph's Kiss Remembered is the version of Nymph's Kiss that was allowed; quadruple points on 1st level, but no Charisma-bonuses. Most importantly, not Exalted. Relevantly, I'm looking at maximizing my Spot for now (because not getting ambushed is convenient, and if I could hit DC40 consistently, I'd save some slots in dealing with invisibility), along with the social skills, hide, move silently, etc.

What I'd like some tips on are Advanced Learnings from Unseen Seer (right now planning on Hunter's Eye, Divine Insight & Guidance of the Avatar), exact skill point distribution and if I'm missing any obvious or awesome ways to pimp out the skill checks (familiar will be picked on 6 to Aid Another), and cover some skills without ranks (obviously Knock for Open Lock, but beyond that... I'm not willing to give up Disable Device/Search though since I fear the DM might use traps we don't want to trigger).

I'm working with practically all 3.5 material, though on approval basis. And out-of-core spells need to be found as scrolls hence my lack of access to them at the present. Also, arcane scrolls cost fortunes. Other than that, there are few limitations.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 09:36:56 PM by Eldariel »

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Wizard/Unseen Seer Skill Monkey in all-Wizard party
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 03:46:06 AM »
masterwork tools get you a +2 circumstance for 50 gp each.

For a skillmonkey, they're indispensible.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Eldariel

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Wizard/Unseen Seer Skill Monkey in all-Wizard party
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 01:16:09 PM »
masterwork tools get you a +2 circumstance for 50 gp each.

For a skillmonkey, they're indispensible.