Author Topic: Let's update a classic thread  (Read 6388 times)

axleleft

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Let's update a classic thread
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 02:04:47 PM »
Also it can be used to copy all nonblood line techniques. In the anima (and probably the manga), but copy hows != copy stats. Sucks could not move at Lee's full speed for very long because his body was unable to physically do it and it's also been referenced that you (obviously) have to supple the chakra to do it. Finally, when Naruto starts learning energy manipulation you get a hint that the Sharingan cannot copy that, which honestly would explain why it cannot copy blood line abilities. If the sharingan could instantly replicate any type of energy seen that there would be no explanation on why chakra based blood line abilities (Haku's ice, or the 1st's wood for examples) could not be copied.
An analogy: Just because you can see the blueprints for a super collider doesn't mean you can build one.
Levels in Psithief might do the trick?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 05:07:26 PM »
I see Risada started the thread.

*checks*

Um, you do know that "zombiegleemax" is the username assigned to posts made by people who were inactive when the WotC forums reset, right? :p IIRC a great deal of the builds were done by Disposable_Hero.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 05:09:45 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 05:12:37 PM »
Um, you do know that "zombiegleemax" is the username assigned to posts made by people who were inactive when the WotC forums reset, right? :p IIRC a great deal of the builds were done by Disposable_Hero.

Errr... I didn't know about that...  :twitch when I finish posting I will fix that   :P

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 05:17:34 PM »
Well, I don't know if he did all of them, so it might be best to put something in the first post explaining the situation and "assume the builds in the first block of posts were originally created by Disposable_Hero unless stated otherwise".
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 06:25:48 PM »
For the Raikage, I'd say an electrokineticist (Raiton armour = Nimbus), possibly combined with swiftblade.

Maybe something like...
Goliath Wilder 1/Swordsage 4/Electrokineticist 8/Slayer 6/Swiftblade 5/Swordsage +2
Feats: Blinding Speed (x3), Epic Toughness

High level is to match power of existing builds. Maybe ardent instead, I'm not too familiar with it. Possibly also make use of that high Cha with a cleric dip and some divine feats.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:32:33 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 08:26:59 PM »
I guess there's too much Swordsage there... how about this?

Wilder3/Unarmed Swordsage 2/Electrokineticist8/Slayer 6/Psi Swiftblade 5/US +2
Feats: those you mentioned plus Superior Unarmed Strike and possibly Improved Natural Attack (Unarmed Strike)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 10:03:31 AM »
So... any ideas on Sage!Naruto? Cerebral ragerHC perhaps? I guess the perfected Wind-style Rasenshuriken would be Tornado Blast, if there's some way to add Con damage.
My work

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009, 10:15:38 AM »
So... any ideas on Sage!Naruto? Cerebral ragerHC perhaps?

I guess this is the best fit (even though we only need the cerebral rage from the class...)

I guess the perfected Wind-style Rasenshuriken would be Tornado Blast, if there's some way to add Con damage.

Or Psionic Disintegrate... but then again, no Con damage here...

And I've been thinking on the Raikage.... I guess he should have Tashalatora (electrokineticist), so his unarmed strike and the other monk abilities can be better...

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2009, 03:57:10 AM »
And I've been thinking on the Raikage.... I guess he should have Tashalatora (electrokineticist), so his unarmed strike and the other monk abilities can be better...
Also, if we're using a variant Xkineticist, I'll put out here for a reminder that Hyperconscious has that variant for the pyrokineticist shoved nicely in there sneakily that basically says "change the BAB to full." Much better for combat prone Raikage (and my damn namesake build, bah!).

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 12:17:34 PM »
Also, if we're using a variant Xkineticist, I'll put out here for a reminder that Hyperconscious has that variant for the pyrokineticist shoved nicely in there sneakily that basically says "change the BAB to full." Much better for combat prone Raikage (and my damn namesake build, bah!).

Does it? Well, nice idea  :)

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2009, 11:46:21 AM »
Thread ressurrection!

Let's see now...

Sage Naruto ....Same as in the other thread (Wilder 10/Astral Zealot 9) except with 7 levels of Cerebral RagerHC, and the Rasenshuriken is shatterstorm (or whatever the name is - the power in CompPsi that deal 3d4 slashing damage+1d4 con damage, augmentable) or some kind of metapsionic (empower/maximize/both) psionic disintegrate?

Jiraiya could be the same, except the Rasenshuriken  :plotting

.... and did we agreed on something for Susano'O?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2009, 02:28:03 PM »
.... and did we agreed on something for Susano'O?
Summon something big and incorporeal, and share your space with it.

Sage Naruto also has psycarnum abuse to refill his pp. Is it possible to turn a spell into a +1 wounding weapon, maybe through kensai levels?

Were you planning on updating the jutsu sections with these?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:47:32 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2009, 09:19:14 AM »
Were you planning on updating the jutsu sections with these?

Well... I asked out of the blue, really, but I might as well update them...

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2009, 06:57:21 AM »
So, for that teleportation spamming guy...

Persistant Unfettered heroism + mark of passage+ that feat that lets you use dragonmark abilities as an immediate action by spending 1 action point.

You'll run out of charges on your mark of passage eventually, though there are items/feats to enhance uses/day.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2009, 12:15:31 PM »
So, for that teleportation spamming guy...

Persistant Unfettered heroism + mark of passage+ that feat that lets you use dragonmark abilities as an immediate action by spending 1 action point.

You'll run out of charges on your mark of passage eventually, though there are items/feats to enhance uses/day.
Do you mean the Fourth Hokage?
My work

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2009, 04:46:20 PM »
Possibly? I'm not entirely familiar with the series... I thought there was some filler character who used the basic telespam technique a lot... haven't seen it for a year or so, my roomie was big on the show.

Oh, and if you're allowed to count logs as creatures, the feat combo of
least mark of passage + dragonmark prodigy + dragonmark mastery with font of inspiration
lets you do the replacement technique as an immediate action. 
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.