Author Topic: Martial Monk 6 / Titan Bloodline 3 / Ardent 2 / Ur 2 / Psychic Theurge 7  (Read 5554 times)

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
Re: Martial Monk 6 / Titan Bloodline 3 / Ardent 2 / Ur 2 / Psychic Theurge 7
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 12:31:58 PM »
Hmm... is that really the way its supposed to work?

Edit: It really sounds like it counts as a class level to me.
A bloodline level grants no increase in base attack bonus or base save bonuses, no hit points or skill points, and no class features. It counts as a normal class level (with no class skills) for the purpose of determining maximum skill ranks. Levels of bloodline never result in XP penalties for multiclass characters.
If it wasn't a class level, then why would they mention XP penalties?
ADMG can tell me to go away if I'm cluttering his thread (I'm trying to help optimize it honestly)  0:), but I actually didn't know people read it the other way at first. I have the rather annoying (handicap?) habit of reading exactly what something says even if it obviously should mean something different.

The funny thing is that quote seems to me to support that it is a 'virtual' class level, not a normal one that offers BaB, saves, HP, skills, or class features. It just happens to raise max ranks (all cross-class of course). If you recall there is text that has to mention that level adjustments and racial HD don't count against XP penalties too. Otherwise there might be some poor guy he thinks it does.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
Re: Martial Monk 6 / Titan Bloodline 3 / Ardent 2 / Ur 2 / Psychic Theurge 7
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 07:18:13 PM »
Plz - oh no problems here, I tangent my own threads, and then I tangent my tangents.

Y'know ... whats weird about Monks is many of the PrCs use the same +1 "caster" level mechanic, that the Tier 1+2 classes use.
If there was a way to have :  "1 level of Monk Goodies" equal to "1 level of Wizard goodies"
then there would be a well known, count system already in place.