Author Topic: Demand for ?: Chinese are Invading  (Read 6502 times)

Hinthas

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Demand for ?: Chinese are Invading
« on: June 06, 2008, 09:21:17 PM »
I saved a whole bunch from the original thread. Do we want to continue or repost the essentials?
I am the thing that goes bump in the night and then I'll go, "F**k, that was my toe!"

Founder of the Rackhirean Social Club. Abusing and Terrifying players for  years and ourselves in the off season.

Tema69

• Bi-Curious George
  • Dedicated WW2 GM.
    • Email
Re: Demand for ?: Chinese are Invading
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 12:28:28 PM »
I think you should repost it. That'd be easier for new people.
Tema69. 69 marks my affiliation to the ex-youth house on Jagtvej 69 in Copehagen, Denmark, a place where there used to be room for everyone until it was sold.

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=997.0
The Self-Proclaimed General Pulp/SteamPunk/Occult/Nazi thread! Drop by.

http://tema69.deviantart.com/
My DeviantArt account. Check by the gallery and drop a comment.

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2528.0
Download my "Action Movie Realism" Rules* as well as my WW2 Supplement.
P.E.A.C.H.
* Available as a .pdf!

trappedslider

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 12:07:04 AM »
I owuld recommending starting with the orginal start thread and jsut pick out high lights from the old one.
All the above statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in somesense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 02:47:24 PM »
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 03:09:43 PM by Hinthas »
I am the thing that goes bump in the night and then I'll go, "F**k, that was my toe!"

Founder of the Rackhirean Social Club. Abusing and Terrifying players for  years and ourselves in the off season.

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 03:11:30 PM »

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 03:12:39 PM »

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 03:13:29 PM »

Hinthas

• Email

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 03:15:43 PM »

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 03:16:37 PM »
I think people my be underestimating both how effective and how likely some sort of economic disruption may be. Given the current federal debt, the current federal budget deficit and the current trade deficit, and the fact that our currency has no inherent value our economy is a house of cards. We could easily see Weimar Republic style hyperinflation here.

Would it be to the advantage of the Chinese to bring that about? That depends, but the larger problem is that it will likely happen anyway regardless of what the Chinese do. Given that this is the sort of thing that can be predicted as eventually happening (even if trying to predict the exact timing of the event is problematic) then I could see the Chinese planning for its occurrence. My bet would be that they wouldn't do anything too serious until our economy had seriously tanked. Given that the military power we can project is a function of our economic power then it would be to their advantage to play things "safe" until then. Afterwards I can see them trying to milk the situation for all they can get out of it.

While I see internal disruptions and problems with Mexico (or at least Mexicans who buy into the "Reconquista" philosophy) as pretty much guaranteed, it is also likely that there will be at least some other foreign involvement. Quite simply, the potential stakes with what could come open for grabs here are high enough that China, Russia and or other players (the U.N. hoping for a larger role?) may find that taking some sort of opportunistic pot shot is just a little too tempting.

As far as a Russian/Chinese alliance goes, I will grant that they may not like each other much. However, you are also dealing with rather totalitarian regimes where pragmatism can trump all. I could easily see some sort of agreement being reached between the two of them where they take on playing games in CONUS after a suitable economic collapse. Russia trying to make sure that they could prosecute whatever operation got undertaken to their maximum possible advantage to the last drop of Chinese blood and the Chinese returning that favor.

Also note that from the point of view of a foreign power, trying to take over the entire country here may be much more of a problem than it's worth. However, if they could successfully arrange for what we know as America to get broken up into several chunks that don't like each other much, then America will have effectively ceased to exist as a "player" on the world level. Thus the relative level of power that the Chinese, the Russians and other assorted groups exercise would increase as America wouldn't be able to call or influence the shots anymore. All the foreign powers would have to do is just make sure that the chunks America got broken up into wouldn't get back together again. Which could easily be accomplished through diplomatic and special operations style skullduggery.

Miles came up with a fairly good timeline. The ONLY discrepancy I can see is the role of US involvement concerning Taiwan. America seems to be the Champion of "Democracy" and fledgling countries and I don't see the US involvement of letting the Hostile takeover of Taiwan by China slide so easily. Not if China's goal is to establish a foothold in the North American continent. If they were to establish an infrastructure or Staging Areas in various nearby countries and THEN pull the Taiwan stuff to instigate a fight with the states, then they would have a more believable base to accomplish this with.

I prefer to think of things happening in sequences; with the exact amount of time each individual step might take being left vague. I think that this works much better for initial planning purposes than to try to establish a rigid timeline before the events unfold that everything must necessarily be held to come Hell or high water. However, both from the viewpoint of writing a reasonable scenario and from a real world planning perspective one will eventually have to generate some sort of expected timeline. One simply should not put too much faith in that timeline unless one is writing fiction. 

So, as I see it the sequence of events might unfold something like this:

1) The U.S. economy tanks and the worldwide economy starts having serious conniption fits.

2) China makes a serious play for Taiwan.

3) The U.S. attempts to block the Chinese play for Taiwan, both sides deciding that they don't want to go nuclear. However, the U.S. counter thrust is weakened due to lack of funding for intervention forces. That coupled with some excellent results on the part of Chinese military intelligence leads to the loss of two American carrier battle groups. China ends up with Taiwan. America ends up losing a significant percentage of her naval strength.

4) Japan sees the writing on the wall and not being a total stranger to pragmatism opts for "neutrality" throughout the coming struggle. The Chinese and their new best friends in the entire world, the Russians, decide that is a reasonable state of affairs. As a result Japan is left alone militarily and effectively becomes the trading partner and high tech production assistant for the Sino/Soviet Alliance.

5) Our good buddies, the Australians and the New Zealanders, who have been helping us all along continue to do so. They are not able to mount sufficient forces to make a dent in the situation though. China comes to an agreement with Indonesia and gets the Indonesians to invade Australia and New Zealand. From that point on both Australia and New Zealand find themselves in a long, drawn out, bloody struggle for mere survival that they have a serious chance of losing.

6) The Reconquista seriously gets underway in the southwestern United States. Given that enough illegal aliens from Mexico, Central and South America have already infiltrated that area to give them close to a majority voting block this is a very serious problem. The U.S. government reacts with force and finds itself bogged down in guerilla warfare, with the guerillas being augmented by the Mexican military and Chinese special operations teams.

7) After all of that has been stewing for a while the Sino/Soviet alliance launches a military invasion of North America across the Bering Strait. Technically America still has overall naval superiority. However, this is countered by the fact that the area in and around the Bering Strait simply doesn't permit America to effectively bring her naval power to bear. The Sino/Soviet alliance is able to get and keep naval superiority in this vital area. Also note that with the ports that would otherwise be available to the American fleet in southern California being unusable due to the problems posed by the Reconquista that American naval power is nowhere near what it had been before the American economy tanked.

8) It now comes down to a question of just how much damage the Sino/Soviet alliance actually intends to do. Note that a minimalist strategy for them would be to overrun Alaska and a chunk of western Canada and then call it quits. Offer a peace treaty. With America torn by what could end up being a three or more way civil war (depending on which states or portions of states take umbrage with whatever methods the Feds use to oppose the Reconquista in addition to those states directly affected by the Reconquista) and Canada never having been a player militarily there would be no forces available to pose a serious threat to them. Offering the peace treaty would (if accepted) give the Sino/Soviet alliance time to cement their position in Alaska and Canada and prepare for future operations to take place at a later time. Or simply keep America and Canada in perpetual turmoil while they then turn their attention to Europe.

9) The main fly in this ointment as far as the Sino/Soviet alliance is concerned is whatever Europe might decide to do about all that. However, I would suspect that there is a fair chance that with the worldwide economy in disarray and Europe just about at the point of becoming a Moslem enclave that they might not do all that much. Especially if somebody sweetened the pot with some interesting diplomatic and business maneuvers to buy their neutrality.

10) The other interesting question is how long the Russians and the Chinese would maintain their alliance before they decided to go after one another. However, to the extent that they both feel they are benefiting significantly from it then they might keep it going for quite a while, possibly decades.

Answering a few of your points.

1) The meltdown of the US economy means the end of the world economy. We are the largest consumer, largest producer, largest manager and largest banker (despite what the Swiss say). China would be hit especially hard since over half their economy is directly tailored to work for the US. Russia and China will also starve, because the first victim of serious economic disruption is (ironically) agriculture. US Agri takes a hit, they don't get any more bread.

4) I think you are seriously underestimating the Japanese loathing for both the Chinese and the Russians. Moscow has still refused to give any accounting for the Kwantung Army (3 million men) and are occupying several Japanese islands (which both the UN and the ICC have declared suitable casus belli so Japan may legally start a war to get them back. Too bad we took away their army.

5) Indonesia is a good candidate for becoming the next Yugoslavia. Power projection is laughable for them.

6) American militia. WOLVERINES!!

7) Go Northern Lights. Oh yeah, navy would probably be based in Seattle instead of San Diego.

8) "The purpose of peace is to prepare for war." Stalin, I think. That means war by every other means than actually shooting---cutting throats is still 'peace'.

10) One of the quirks of the break up of the USSR is that many of the nukes aimed at the US left Moscow's control. Everything pointed at China is still there. Over half of China's nukes are pointed at Russia. You can do the math.

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 03:17:30 PM »
Obviously we can go around and around on this quite a bit because it's mostly theoretical. The actual information that would be needed to resolve this is likely highly classified and I don't have access to that sort of information any more.  The other problem being that even if one could get access to the appropriately classified information that STILL doesn't guarantee either its accuracy or the accuracy of estimates based on it.  That being said:

1) Yep, the U.S. economy in the tank would end up meaning the rest of the world's economy would end up in the tank just like a row of falling dominoes. However, let it simply be observed that desperate times call for desperate measures and it could be argued that our economy is actually more vulnerable in some ways to long term disruptions than the economies of some of the other countries out there. For one thing we just about don't have a manufacturing base anymore.

4) I don't doubt that the Japanese loathe the Chinese and the Russians. However, the Japanese are pragmatists and as you have so cogently pointed out they don't have an army anymore. Their navy, while very well equipped and highly professional, is also too small to seriously butt heads with a combined Sino/Soviet fleet. By the way that is my professional opinion after having seen them in operation (*). Given a scenario where America is unable to provide them with enough of a security blanket to protect them from the Chinese and Soviets operating in what is almost literally their backyard I could see Japan deciding that Finlandization had a lot going for it. This would be a much more telling argument in the hypothetical scenario discussed where China had already scarfed Taiwan and the U.S. Navy had taken a serious hit.

5) When I talked with some of my counterparts in the RAN over a decade or so ago they weren't looking at Indonesia as a laughing matter. It's not really "power projection" if you're talking about something a country is doing in its own back yard. Australia is for all intents and purposes in Indonesia's back yard. The RAN is basically in the same condition that the Japanese Navy is. Well equipped, highly trained, thoroughly professional, and entirely too small to accomplish much more than dying gloriously for their country if they get hit hard enough and fast enough.

At one point in time I was able to have a long discussion via email with a gentleman who was in Australia's equivalent of the GAO. He told me that the Royal Australian Army's plan for the defense of Australia against an invading force was to abandon the coast and wage guerilla war from the Outback. My comment to him was that if they weren't planning on holding at least one of their port cities it would make attempting to give them aid and comfort almost impossible.

Granted I haven't stayed current on affairs in Indonesia. However, one good strongman dictator can occasionally turn things around in a country in a surprisingly short period of time. Australia has a lot of coastline to cover, not that many ships to do it with, and could be faced with the potential problem of having their navy taken out by virtue of having the ports it operates from being overrun.

6) You will notice my scenario had the Sino/Soviet force stopping to consolidate their position before they proceeded on into CONUS, with a supposition that said period of consolidation could last several years. Need I say more? 

7) The Juan de Fuca straits that one has to be able to get in and out of in order to access Seattle are a lot more constricted than the areas around the other ports on the west coast that the Navy could use. This would be especially true if there was a hostile, foreign power occupying Vancouver Island. They wouldn't NEED to take either Seattle or Bremerton in order to control the flow of ships and cargoes into and out of the ports there.

At any rate, I think I've commented enough. I was mainly trying to make the original scenario that was proposed more "realistic" than it was originally. I think I succeeded, though other people may rightly disagree. If I were to get out my crystal ball and prognosticate what the actual "real world" scenario is likely to look like some time in the indefinite future I think we would see.

A) An economic collapse. Based on the way that I understand things this is a question of when, not if, and it will be nasty.

B) Unrest for various reasons at least in urban population centers here in America. Reasons could be as varied as the Reconquista types making their move, or hordes of people reacting very badly to loss of government provided benefits and other problems associated with the collapse. Expect that the government here will react to this by becoming MUCH more totalitarian, which will in turn set off a whole host of other consequences.

C) In fact, regardless of whatever else happens here, I see the government as becoming MUCH more totalitarian. History repeats itself, but each time the price goes up.

D) As a result of A, and definitely if we are dealing with A & B, I see various different groups on the world stage making various different plays. China has wanted Taiwan so badly for so long I think it is inevitable that they will do something to take it.

E) If things do go badly enough for long enough here in America, I think we might see some sort of foreign intervention/involvement. Quite simply the stakes would be too high and too tempting to expect that everybody else would simply sit off to the side and let America get its act together. The least we could expect is that somebody would play games with various special operations forces here. Arguably judging by real world news items dealing with alleged Mexican troops playing games on our southern border and Chinese dissidents being assaulted and robbed in their houses here in America that may already be happening to some extent. Things could get very interesting.

As for US involvement in Taiwan, I think that this is the crux of the matter in my timeline. US has never had a very clear policy concerning Taiwan vs. China, and if the reunification seemed to be coming from within Taiwan...
For that matter, I set up the Taiwan incident as the reason China wants to invade in the first place: the US was too threatening during the takeover, and hit China with tariffs after the takeover, giving both the military and civilian leaders a reason to invade.

Cutlass, I enjoyed reading your general timeline, and I thought it was interesting how you tackled it from a different perspective. I'm not sure, however, that the Russians would be that terrible a threat (unless you plan on setting it in the Cold War era...), so I'm not confident such a boldly militarist plan would work (which is why my timeline relied more on stealth). Still, I do understand that the economic hit we would take in your timeline would significantly reduce our own military power.

Baator of the dark, I'm not sure that you understand, but for many of us, working out the plausibility is fun. Now you brought up several good points (especially Operational security), but I have to say that many of them have already been discussed and (some) dealt with. So I, and I think the rest of the posters, would appreciate it if instead of attempting to kill our topic, that you contribute thoughtfully to it.
-MVK

IMHO the only hope China or Russia or both of them acting together would really have of conventionally invading the U.S. with large forces would be to come over the Bering Strait route. The reasons for that are twofold:

1) Assuming the U.S. Navy is still at least marginally functional they aren't going to be able to ship the supplies that they will need through any other route that I can think of.

2) The Bering Strait is potentially confined enough that they could achieve and maintain a local naval superiority that would enable them to get their logistics shipments set up through there.

Modern military forces are the biggest logistics hogs that have ever existed in all of recorded history. In order to have a reasonable chance of taking over the North American continent, or even a significant chunk of it, you would need millions of troops and tens of millions of tons of supplies. Logistics hassles of that magnitude are basically only going to be solved by shipping and rail lines.

Now, how likely is it that China and Russia would get along well enough to pull that sort of thing off? Probably not very. But, if you want to have a scenario going where China is invading the U.S. with even a reasonable chance of success then they've got to be able to get their main military formations here en mass. To my way of thinking that necessarily implies using the Bering Strait route, which almost automatically assumes that China and Russia would have to be getting along in some fashion to pull that off.

That is also why I have the economic collapse and the Taiwan issue with large U.S. Naval losses occurring first. The U.S. Navy pretty much reigns supreme in the open ocean. Once you get up close to the coast it can be a different ball game and today's modern navy can have some serious disadvantages trying to operate too close in to a hostile shore.

So, take our economy into the toilet, remove a relatively significant chunk of the U.S. Navy assets available in WESTPAC, and then a combined Sino/Soviet fleet just might be able to maintain that local naval superiority in the Bering Strait they'd need to make the invasion work. But without all that, I just couldn't suspend my disbelief enough to see it happening.

The Chinese could potentially get an initial assault force in position using some type of subterfuge. However, once they have actually come into the open and made the assault, seizing a port or two or whatever, the jig is up. You can bet your bottom dollar the Navy would try to intercept any and all shipping that looked like it was going to a port that was under the control of an invading hostile force.

In a nutshell, you can't have serious heavy-duty military activity going for extended periods of time without serious heavy duty supplies. As I commented earlier, the Chinese would literally have to get millions of troops involved and that would necessitate tens of millions of tons worth of supplies they would need. Only two ways to move that much junk, by sea or by rail. There are no rail connections between China and the U.S. that I am aware of.  The freighters with the supplies have to come to a port, and to do the Chinese much good they've got to go to a port the Chinese control.

Now, as to the Chinese playing games with Mexican and South American allies helping them, that is a more serious scenario. I don't know how closely if at all our intelligence types are monitoring what is going on in Mexico. So, assume that if the Chinese are willing to use a significant amount of subterfuge they probably could get a rather large force pouncing on into the U.S. through a border that is basically defenseless.

However, you come back to the base problem that eventually those troops are going to need supplies, which are going to have to come from somewhere. Unless Mexico is able to manufacture all the needed supplies on their soil they will have to import those supplies, which brings us back to the Navy intercepting freighters and blockading ports under the control of hostile nations.

Also, that is one of the scenarios where American Militia units could end up playing a significant role using hit and run tactics against anything that looked like a hostile supply column.

There is an old board game I have which may or may not still be available or findable. The title of the game is "SS Amerika". It was copyrighted in 1990 and published by 3W, Inc. in Cambria, California. You will just about need a full sheet of plywood to lay the board out and set up all the pieces and relevant charts on. It is an operational level simulation of hypothetical Axis invasions of the North American continent during World War II. The map covers the entire continent from north of the Yukon river all the way down to South America below Medellin, Colombia.

While it obviously has nothing at all to do with the Chinese, if you can find it and play it you should get an excellent idea of just how hard it could be to actually pull off a successful invasion of an entire continent. The biggest problem any attacker ends up facing is the force to space ratio that he would need to try to control the entire area given no popular support. Basically, regardless of where he goes and how he does it he's going to end up spread too thin. And that's not even counting what we could scrape up in terms of functioning military units on short notice.

Any successful invasion of the continent would necessarily take decades and probably end up looking more like the 30 and 100 years wars that ravaged Europe several centuries ago. Not a pretty sight.

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 03:18:21 PM »

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 03:19:10 PM »
http://www.comw.org/cmp/fulltext/060811cordesman.pdf

That document, in the section about armored warfare alone, states that the backbone of Chinese armored forces is the Type 59, which is equivalent to the T-54. Considering that Coalition forces ate up T-62s and T-72s in the First Persian Gulf War, T-54s would be handled hard. I will be the first to concede that China is getting better technology; regardless, though, for the current day, China is technologically behind. In the hypothetical scenario we're brewing up, though, that may not hold true; truth be told, I would be a fan of China having a secret genetic engineering program to unleash hordes of moreau troops, but that's me.

2.) China's nuclear missiles can't devastate the continental US categorically. It appears as if they can hit Alaska, and a bit of the West Coast; their single Xia-class boomer is a notoriously noisy SSBN, and the missiles on it don't have the range to hit DC from any point in the globe; the Golf-class boomer is most likely the same.

Again, currently China is lagging in technological development; however, they are trying rather hard to modernize, which is one of the reasons why I'm a Sinophobe. In any case, though, I do agree with you that a US nuclear counterstrike would be 1.) Lame, 2.) Politically unsound, and 3.) Lame. By lame, i mean "doesn't add much to the scenario in terms of enjoyment".

CHINA
Military age 18-49 (voluntary)
Conscription None

Available for military service 342,956,265 males, age 18-49 (2005 est.),
324,701,244 females, age 18-49 (2005 est.)

Fit for military service 281,240,272 males, age 18-49 (2005 est.),
269,025,517 females, age 18-49 (2005 est.)

Reaching military age annually 13,186,433 males (2005 est.),
12,298,149 females (2005 est.)

Active personnel 2,250,000[2] (ranked 1st)
Reserve personnel 800,000[2]

Deployed personnel Overseas: None[2]
Paramilitary: 3,969,000[2]
Total: 7,024,000[2] (ranked 3rd)

Expenditures
Budget $44.94 billion (2007 est.) (ranked 6th)
Percent of GDP 1.7 (2007 est.)

thats a lot of numbers to deal with all estimated obviously but i'd say it sounds half right

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 03:20:32 PM »

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 03:22:37 PM »
Quote:
Originally Posted by backstabbist  Well, Peacekeeping forces, or defensive forces on US soil would greatly facilitate the invasion.... Once they establish the Chinese Embasy needs a 75000 troop Embasy Security Detail, we deserve what we will get coming. Add to that about 50k of ~former~ chinese military 'civilian' Product Safety Assurement agents (investigating the progress of the poisoning of US population with lead). One day they all happen to gather up in about just 15 cities & Presto! They have an Light Infantry Division occupying force overnight owning big populations.

Toy Lead Paint tie in. That rocks. This could also diversify itself into any products coming in from China. It would justify the thousand of QA folks SHOWING UP AT A PORT NEAR YOU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstabbist  Consider this,if 12million illegal aliens are here now by just walking across the border,china could just put this on the 10 year plan (converting supercargos covertly takes time) and all the while have their infantry just pay the coyotes to walk/drive platoons across at a time. The US will then have 20million illegals, of which 8million will be chinese comandos....

I keep forgetting you live near the border also. For the rest of the class, a "Coyote" in this sense is a experienced guide that is aware of the various trails that lead into the US from Mexico.

Quote:
8million 'illegal' commandosarmed with just a 9mm and 2magazines,waiting for 11:35am on a certain day 9 years from now,walk outside & shoot 20 people each all over the US,tieing up the cops all over the country just 1hour before the CargoConversions hit the beaches.

This is horribly simple. I keep seeing "Cho's Revenge" here. (yes, Cho was Korean student in Virginia but that really doesn't matter here.) And it also allows for the party to possibly detect a "sleeper cell" some time before the event.

Quote:
The cops & ems will be spread so thin the invaders will blitz right thru to Vegas & Tahoe, where (in my twisted views) they will all mass defect to live the capitolist sweet life in Sin City.

Why stop there?

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 03:24:54 PM »
All these news feeds I personally generated and intermingled them in with current events. Made things seem more "real".

We interrupt your regular programming to bring you this news from the border. I'm Grant Hicks and we are following up on a previous story that happened not a few hours ago. http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/11/border.fire/index.html

We've just been fed various reports that there has been a violent seizure of multiple border towns all along the US / Mexico border. All of the fighting so far has been contained on the Mexico side of the border. We have unconfirmed reports that this is the work of a local Mexican drug lord trying to establish his territory.

The Mexican Administration has offered no official statement to this situation as they are still suffering from the damage of from saboteurs that were able to infiltrate the capitol building yesterday. An anonymous Mexican Official has only offered that this unfortunate event will be controlled by the local federal police force and any military presence on the border should be interpreted as an attempt to help the police force contain this effort.

They would like to remind the good intentioned neighbors to the north that they have removed barriers between the military and police force and that this might be their own "Waco". They would like to contain this issue before it inflames the rest of the mexican populace.

In other news, Jim Thornton on his coverage of MS-13 and the militaristic takeover of turf on the California coastline with a surprising nod from local Police Departments. I'm Grant Hicks.........

*********************************************************************************************************
Good Afternoon, this is Heidi Marlene with Network News Agency and I'm here in New Hampshire with the latest coverage of a previous story.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.comhttp://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/...ef=mpstoryview
The President has a few more visits on this trip to the area and is looking to wrap it up at the end of the week tentatively

In other news, efforts to quell fears and reassure the American economy that Chinese exports are safe for the marketplace, the President had a side teleconference with various Chinese officials to establish a Product Analysis Team to confirm safety regarding lead paint and other claims. http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchin...nt_6100558.htmhttp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...042401542.htmlhttp://money.cnn.com/2008/01/21/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes has anything to do with this.

China is setting up for business on both coasts and the gulf coast and soon the mid-west. Each Product Safety Center appears to be a large prefabricated steel building and they are also moving large construction vehicles to assist with the effort.

Americans from all over are starting the collective chant of Vote Now for a new elected leader. Both Houses of Congress are struggling to maintain some sense of control but instances of violence between representatives are progressively becoming more common. Junior representatives from Congress and the House have started chanting MESA RANCH (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread...t =mesa+ranch) on both floors and the Secretary of Defense would like everyone to know that he is still in charge.

A slow trickle of Mexicans is starting to leave the country sensing a growing animosity from the Americans over the border incursions, overall anti-American sentiment from various countries all over the world for the situation in Egypt and this story as well (http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americ....ap/index.htmlhttp://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...45/detail.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...tion.burns.cnnhttp://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/22/Dob...y23/index.htmlhttp://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=43754,
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182650,00.htmlhttp://www.mossroot.com/images/evil_squirrel.jpghttp://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapc...ap/index.html), and a top Chinese Trade Diplomat said in a statement today that the views held by the former East Coast Logistics Manager do not reflect that of China and are apologizing by stepping up the shipping schedule.

On the nations front, (http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...withdraw.html), and (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317548,00.html) There is no word from Capitol Hill on this matter.

The Department of Justice has determined that because the problem on the border is drug related, legislation was passed today that allowed for the DEA, FBI and other related agencies to work in partnership with Mexican Officials and Narcotics Agents.

Down in Texas today, (http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/23/texas.law/index.html).

I'm Travis Martin with N2A, the Network News you're into.
**********************************************************************************************************

I'm Travis Martin with N2A, the Network News you're into.

The Defense Department is responding to the masses of Americans that have been stranded in various overseas locales. Cargo planes and Carrier groups on both coasts have been taking off since yesterday to start bringing home these citizens. So far, there has been worldwide cooperation to assist in these efforts.

Secretary of Defense Gates has authorized a Joint Operation involving the US Navy, DEA, NSA, and other American agencies to follow up on recent actionable intelligence just gained recently involving drug trafficking and the current border situation. Also related http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americ....ap/index.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americ...ap/index.htmlhttp://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...pt-blast_x.htm
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 03:36:16 PM by Hinthas »

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 03:27:09 PM »

trappedslider

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 03:51:06 PM »
And here is the intel traffic. I can only guess what TrappedSlider was trying to say. Hanger 18 / Groom Lake maybe?
ENCRYPT ********
DECRYPT**********

18 acres complex still opened to all vistors,must be closing time soon. The jeep is wrecked,repeat jeep is wrecked.Possiable surviors.

DECRYPT********
ENCRYPT*******

16 acres complex is the real code name for the White House and Jeep is the occial code name Joint Emergency Evacuration program or protcol don't remeber which one, My code name book isn't near me right now.
All the above statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in somesense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 03:56:02 PM »
STOOPID CRAPPY DECODER RINGS!!!!!!!! Open up another box of Sugar Puffs and see if THAT one works!

trappedslider

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 02:56:09 AM »
STOOPID CRAPPY DECODER RINGS!!!!!!!! Open up another box of Sugar Puffs and see if THAT one works!

I thought they were in olvaltine ???