Author Topic: Click here for a FREE Campaign Setting.  (Read 1808 times)

tinwatchman

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Click here for a FREE Campaign Setting.
« on: June 06, 2008, 04:52:17 AM »
I'm aware that this might be futile, what with 4e coming out... what, tomorrow? All the same, I just wanted to let everyone know that I've just posted the first of two e-books in a free, Creative Commons-released campaign setting. It's called "A Final Fantasy," and it's based on the classic Squaresoft RPGs Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy VI. Download the brand-new Player's Instruction Manual by clicking here!

• Involves players in an epic, genre-spanning storyline, with the fate of an entire world at stake;
  • Includes dozens of new weapons, armor and magic items that can be used in any d20 system-based game;
  • A full system of house rules, including spells and playable races;
  • Links to the Hypertext d20 SRD provide a convenient source of reference;
  • Did I mention that it's free yet? Yeah, well, it's free. Which is a good thing, no matter how good a deal Amazon's giving you on 4e.

Bonus content and more for the campaign can be found at the project website: www.tinwatchman.com/aff.

Enjoy, everyone.

- Jon
aff@tinwatchman.com

heffroncm

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Click here for a FREE Campaign Setting.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 09:20:51 AM »
I'll give it a read-through.  I've had a lot of fun with the Returner's FFRPG over the years, until we lost our eratta'd datafile (the system had major holes that needed plugging).  I may run it as a one-off a few times with some friends from high school, for nostalgia's sake.

tinwatchman

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 02:32:15 PM »
I'll give it a read-through.  I've had a lot of fun with the Returner's FFRPG over the years, until we lost our eratta'd datafile (the system had major holes that needed plugging).  I may run it as a one-off a few times with some friends from high school, for nostalgia's sake.

Great! Thank you!

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 02:46:17 PM »
I'll read it when I have time as well... I like the Dutch words spread throughout the web-page ;)
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 09:21:37 AM »
Interesting idea.  I've been working on a 3.5 campaign based loosely on the plot of the original Final Fantasy.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist