Author Topic: Chuck E. Cheese  (Read 17331 times)

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
Re: Chuck E. Cheese
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2010, 09:33:41 PM »
Quite a bit more DR than that, I'd think.

If you go that fast, rain drops become far stronger than bullets upon impact.

That's real-world physics. As far as I'm aware, D&D rain drops do nothing of the sort.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2010, 09:42:16 PM »
Quite a bit more DR than that, I'd think.

If you go that fast, rain drops become far stronger than bullets upon impact.

That's real-world physics. As far as I'm aware, D&D rain drops do nothing of the sort.
D&D raindrops don't even follow D&D rules.  If they did, first level characters would never survive a rainstorm.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 03:14:40 AM »
Snakeman830: LOL!  What do you mean about rainstorms?
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2010, 03:23:47 AM »

Raindrops fall a long distance, the falling damage would give 20d6 per raindrop.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2010, 03:28:20 AM »

Raindrops fall a long distance, the falling damage would give 20d6 per raindrop.

Wait, wait! Isn't that 20d6 of damage to the raindrop? [Does that trigger gravity's Cleave?]

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2010, 01:52:23 PM »
Great, now I want to run a game where all of D&D's silly rules come into play.  (can't see the mountian range a mile away, since you're taking a -528 penalty to your Spot check, can't see the Sun even with world-record skill bonuses, thunderstorms are deadly to those outside, etc.)
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 03:09:15 PM »
Great, now I want to run a game where all of D&D's silly rules come into play.  (can't see the mountian range a mile away, since you're taking a -528 penalty to your Spot check, can't see the Sun even with world-record skill bonuses, thunderstorms are deadly to those outside, etc.)

If only there were size categories larger than Colossal you could probably see that damn mountain, and maybe even the mysterious source of light our crazier scientists hypothesize must be somewhere in the sky.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 03:18:47 PM »

If only there were size categories larger than Colossal you could probably see that damn mountain, and maybe even the mysterious source of light our crazier scientists hypothesize must be somewhere in the sky.

What's science? We have magic! This is why the poor fighter-types stand no chance, as they're not armed with superior weaponry. Who needs Scrying when you have social networking sites? Who needs the Locate City bomb when you've got real bombs?

I feel like it'd be the Alchemists [too bad Craft:alchemy sucks so much] or Cloistered Clerics who would stand the most chance of researching something good. Wizards spend too much time making more magic.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 07:39:45 PM »
Technically 3.0e has sizes above Colossal.
It's called Colossal+ , then Colossal++ , next Colossal+++ , etc
iirc - the Epic Dragons section of the Epic book has that; or the Dragonomicon (?).
Maybe it was completely nerfed by 3.5e ... maybe.

I used a snippet of it for my orginal blingy, that Caelic (mostly) shot down.