Author Topic: Mystic Ranger spell progression unbalanced?  (Read 9594 times)

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
Re: Mystic Ranger spell progression unbalanced?
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2009, 03:48:27 AM »
All political beliefs aside, I think the strong reaction stems from having a DM once pull the "cosmic lightning trick" right after his g/f dumped him, and as he said it, he snatched up my character sheet (6 pages mind you, with an original portrait included) and lit it on fire.  He lost his secondary incisor for that stunt, and I never came back to that store again where his game was run (and picked off about 3 more players from the game that wanted to play in my epic game :P).

I guess the moral of the story is run a challenging game, but don't deliberately piss of your players, especially if one of them is fully stretched from running and has a nasty hook kick :P

By the way, all mechanical raping bullshit aside, does he at least have a decent storyline?  One of them here in town is a rules nazi (and rules idiot, which has been exploited more than a few times when he has a dick moment) but his storyline and setting are fantastic.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Mystic Ranger spell progression unbalanced?
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2009, 03:54:51 AM »
Well, I'm not sure about the story because he runs modules. Like right now we're doing the shadow pearls one that's 12 adventures long. Granted it's in his world, with his characters and gods, and he's bringing in previous characters and destinies from campaigns before (again, modules), and mixing them all together in his behalf, so I guess it is. At the very least there's continuity, and everything's connected.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.