Author Topic: Shape Soulmeld+Retraining  (Read 2999 times)

lans

• King Kong
    • Email
Shape Soulmeld+Retraining
« on: August 14, 2009, 01:52:13 PM »
Take Shape Soulmeld and after 8 hours rest shape said soumeld. This lasts until you unshape it or you get hit by unshape soulmeld or soulmeld disjucntion spells.

So next level you retrain Shape soulmeld:x feat to Shape soulmeld: y and your able to shape another soulmeld. The previous one is till around because you didn't unshape it.

Continue until you have a soulmeld in each of the chakras and then swap to a feat you wanted in the first place.

Does this actually work?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:45:31 PM by lans »
Skill prodigy from Kingdoms of Kalamar

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Shape Soulmeld+Retraining
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 02:50:41 PM »
Probably not. When you lose the Shape Soulmeld feat and regain it, you lose the ability to shape that specific soulmeld. Also, you are limited to 1 soulmeld at a time due to the feat's restrictions, so when you shape the new one you lose the old one anyway.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

lans

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 04:11:44 PM »
Probably not. When you lose the Shape Soulmeld feat and regain it, you lose the ability to shape that specific soulmeld. Also, you are limited to 1 soulmeld at a time due to the feat's restrictions, so when you shape the new one you lose the old one anyway.

I think your right on that. Except for the part about being limited to one soulmeld.

Though the benefit you get from the soulmelds and then swap ithem away still, you just have to take shape soulmeld X times then spend X levels swapping them away.

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 05:17:03 PM »
i wouldn't bother doing it though, your DM will either say "nope" or hit you with a dispel incarnum 1/level....

or worse, rule that it counts against your incarnate/totemist soulmelds, and that you can't even use it if you don't have levels in an incarnum class...
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

lans

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 10:29:02 PM »
i wouldn't bother doing it though, your DM will either say "nope" or hit you with a dispel incarnum 1/level....
Its not really that powerful though, and I am betting on the rarety of incarnum as the defense against that. I mean does any creature in any published adventure have dispel incarnum?  Its a slight free benifet like zheritum fighter is to most builds.

or worse, rule that it counts against your incarnate/totemist soulmelds, and that you can't even use it if you don't have levels in an incarnum class...
That would be house ruling.

Emy

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 11:41:48 PM »
I recently had this thought

except with stances.

:eng101:

lans

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 12:34:13 AM »
I recently had this thought

except with stances.

:eng101:
So you enter a stance and never leave it even after you swap out the feat that gave you the stance? Do you have to be concious to be in a stance? Or are you going to be a necropolitan or elf or something?

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 03:26:41 PM »
Simply put does a soulmeld shaped with Shape Soulmeld have the feat as a prereq for maintaining the soulmeld? Going RAW, thats a good question. RAI however undoing the feat should undo the soulmeld...

Same for stances but I am much more sure that (class abilities aside) you can only be in 1 stance at a time.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Emy

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 03:44:28 PM »
Do you have to be concious to be in a stance?
Not as far as I can tell -- you just turn it on as a swift action and it "remains in effect indefinitely".

Same for stances but I am much more sure that (class abilities aside) you can only be in 1 stance at a time.

True, however you can do this little trick with stances without retraining. Borrow a novice maneuver item and cast/get a casting of heroics for Martial Stance. Voila, Island of Blades. It's certainly not as huge as a bunch of soulmelds, but it's a benefit for very little effort and no feats or class levels.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 03:53:55 PM by Emy »

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 04:20:29 PM »
Stances end if you are ever rendered helpless. Bo9S, Page 43. So sleeping or trancing ends the stance, as does being forced unconscious.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Emy

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 04:52:44 PM »
Stances end if you are ever rendered helpless. Bo9S, Page 43. So sleeping or trancing ends the stance, as does being forced unconscious.

Curses, foiled again!

lans

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 12:08:01 AM »
Warforged and necropolitans. Your not foiled yet. :smirk

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 12:59:29 AM »

Warforged are still vulnerable to nonlethal damage, and undead can be hit with Cha/Wis/Int damage (IIRC, the immunity only applies to damage dealt to a physical score) and have low HP.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

lans

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 06:05:28 AM »

Warforged are still vulnerable to nonlethal damage, and undead can be hit with Cha/Wis/Int damage (IIRC, the immunity only applies to damage dealt to a physical score) and have low HP.
I was refering to not having to sleep or trance every 8 hours. Not to being reduced unconsious due to an ass beating.