Author Topic: The Safehouse (OOC)  (Read 93114 times)

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
BURN-OUT
« Reply #780 on: November 16, 2009, 01:44:26 PM »
Yep. What a shock huh?

I'm starting to suffer GM burnout-- but with all these games... who can blame me. I ALSO need to find a second Part-Time job, so my time will be MUCH more limited.

This is what I propose:

I will continue to run The Artifact and if Arch and Melb want to play, I have come up with an idea on how to get them on board without TOO much Deus Ex Machina happening.

I'm sorry, but you guys probably could already start to tell-- I knew I was pushing my boundaries when I started, but I have a hard time saying NO sometimes, especially to myself.

So... like I said I have an idea or two to get you guys involved in the plot, and soon too-- Let me know if you are interested.

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: The Safehouse (OOC)
« Reply #781 on: November 16, 2009, 02:24:36 PM »
I'm ok with that Jace. I was actually considering asking about joining that game too as i really like the d20 modern stuff and was interested in something a bit different than Doc too. I would have to wait a little while before i could say yes i will be in that game, just because of the work situation and I would need to catch up on the details of that game as well.  You also have what looks to be a pretty full group too, so if more players would cause you problems i just won't join.

As to getting us in there my thought was the group gets a communication from their sponsor to let them know we are coming and has us para dropped in (this could be the first test to see if it is possible for D-Day)

Also, Thanks for the honesty on the burn out. I know how badly a game can suffer if the DM/GM just doesn't have their heart in it. I've had to quit running games before for the same reasons and it always felt like I was letting people down. Don't worry about that, at least from me.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 02:27:22 PM by archangel.arcanis »
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

jacemachine

• Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #782 on: November 16, 2009, 02:28:50 PM »
It's a big group, yes, but not TOO big. In Real Life the largest group I GMed was 10 players at two tables side-by side at a game store-- I can handle lots of players w/o much problem... but only as long as it doesn't slow down the combat portions which (as you know) run about a round a day, so at least one post per day (sans weekends which are always free)--

I will PM you with an idea in a minute--
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #783 on: November 16, 2009, 03:06:19 PM »
So this game is getting shut down?  That's ok, I don't think it will ever become as epic as The Artifact is getting to be.  Especially since we're still in the Prologue of the main story.   :o
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #784 on: November 16, 2009, 07:42:31 PM »
Yeah, I understand Jace, I've had a similar experience a couple of years ago :)

Take care of yourself :)

I'll get back with IC Artifact stuff tomorrow.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #785 on: November 17, 2009, 08:16:21 PM »
Thats a bummer, but i can understand the need to only run one thing at a time. Thanks for the offer to join the other game but I will have to pass. Thanks for a fun setting to play around in Jace and thanks for the group guys.
Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue

jacemachine