Author Topic: optimizing my companion familiar  (Read 1473 times)

dougch

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
optimizing my companion familiar
« on: July 25, 2009, 09:23:12 PM »
so i have this nifty Dire phynxkin(dragon Magic 117)
and i'm trying to decide how to buff it up feat wise

all beings get an additional feat every 5 levels, and my levels in arcane hierophant treat me as a level 14 druid, level 9 sorc for traits of my companion familiar

so basically i have 6 feats to dole out with him, my original plan is
power attack, improved bull rush, knock back improved unarmed strike, mage slayer, and im not sure about the last one

basically this companion familiar will be my kobold's mount, and ill basically share all my spells with her and use her as a mobile battle platform.

can you think of a better set for the feats?

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: optimizing my companion familiar
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 10:18:54 PM »
As a knee-jerk reaction, I'd suggest looking at taking Martial Study (and maybe Martial Stance, too) from the Tome of Battle.

dougch

• Email
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 10:52:23 PM »
hm although funny as it would be,

how about dragon wings and improved dragon wings, to make my companion a flyng fortress

tho how do i got about putting some tough shit armor on him? barding, armor prof feats?

or maybe dragon wings/improved, improved flight, and then something else for the last 3?

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 11:35:21 PM »
Fly-by attack is always nice if you're making it a flyer.

Armor shouldn't be necessary if you're sharing buffs, heck a simple mage armor and shield should be plenty. If you really need armor then get mithral chain shirt barding since the armor check penalty on it is 0.

dougch

• Email
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 10:54:21 AM »
hmm well is there any feat based way to increase his flight speed by chance?

right now its looking like
improved/draconic wings, flyby attack

gah but i cant get the cool ones unless i have a naturally faster wings anyway i can do that one guys?

or if i could get 5ft more of reach i coudl take large and in charge gah im totaly unsure of how to go about this guy

ahh thank you third party complete guide to dragonkin has feats that grant me wing attacks and 30ft fly speed increases

gah then all hell do is just fly at 120ft a round and wont really do anythign cool, or he flies at 30ft a round which is far slower than his run speed gar im so unsure
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 11:54:34 AM by dougch »

dougch

• Email
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 01:44:17 AM »
got it
for the perfect support
improved unarmed strike
improved grapple
scorpion grasp
rock throwing
fling ally
fling enemy

being large and having 25 str before i buff him, hell have no trouble at all getting a hold of the fool and then either pin or throw him liek an itty bitty girl