Author Topic: Ask a simple question, get a simple answer, part IV, never gonna give you up...  (Read 150611 times)

Suzerain

• Bi-Curious George
  • is on extended leave
Q 21

For the purpose of snowflake wardance, does a natural weapon that does slashing damage (like a claw) count as a "slashing weapon that you weild in one hand"?

Probably not, but I'd let it work anyway. 

Of course, you could just grab a cleric with regenerate, cut off your hands,then grow them back, and wield a claw in your claw.
Wouldn't that take an exodic weapon profisency?

Think your proficient with your own claws, like a warforged barbarian is proficient with his adamantite body.
Not once it ceases to be part of your body, I would think. You try slapping someone with your severed hand. Will be harder to hit and do less damage :P

Whiplord

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Q25: Can someone explain the Acorn of Far travel trick with Hathran? I get the idea, but the mechanics of the spell seem to prevent it, since it's a limited duration and has to be cast on an acorn attached to a living oak tree.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
Q26:

My current game has a lot of downtime. Last session we had 34 free days. Lots of travel and lots of waiting for papers to be pushed. What can I do in this downtime thats CO?

My build is Druid 7 / Bard 3 / Foulchan Lyrist 3 / Arcane Heirophant 9  (yes, we're epic and yes, my DM is nice and dropped evasion for req for FL)

Last game during those 34 days I trained my Animal Companion to be a Warbeast, that worked out well as I auto-succeded the check. What was otherwise deadtime gave my AC a HD and some stats. Anything else I can do like this? I know about item creation, but I simply don't have the feats to spend. Keep in mind this is a very low low item/gold campaign (I only have a set of armor and a +6 wisdom item. that's it. we're level 22).

Nuntius Mortis

• Curious George
    • Email
Q27: I know that it may be a little dump but I have a question about prereqs. When it mentions that you need X ranks in one skill these ranks only involve the ranks that you spent in those skills or do racial modifiers apply (or ability mods) to them as well?
Never underestimate a halfling!

Sepehr Anvari - Chaos Monk

Velnius Agonista - Halfling Thrower (needs repair)

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
Q27: I know that it may be a little dump but I have a question about prereqs. When it mentions that you need X ranks in one skill these ranks only involve the ranks that you spent in those skills or do racial modifiers apply (or ability mods) to them as well?

Ranks.

This means that minimum level to enter prestige is often dictated by Minimum Rank - 3.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Note that it's not the skill points you spent, but the number of ranks. 

Cityscape can let you occasionally enter on a skill-based requirement a level early.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Nuntius Mortis

• Curious George
    • Email
Same applies for Feats, right? For example, the Shadow Striker (PH2, pg 94, prereqs 12 ranks Hide, 12 ranks Move Silently) wouldn't be available to a character before his 9th level even if he had +20 racial modifier to these skills?

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
Same applies for Feats, right? For example, the Shadow Striker (PH2, pg 94, prereqs 12 ranks Hide, 12 ranks Move Silently) wouldn't be available to a character before his 9th level even if he had +20 racial modifier to these skills?

Correct. A nice DM might let it slide though.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email

Correct. However, he could take the feat at 9th level, instead of having to meet the requirements first and then wait till his next feat to take it. Feats/Skills are done simultaneously during character creation, after race/class/level/BAB/Saves.

I used to think that if a race had a racial modifier to a skill, that skill was always a class skill for that race. I know better now, but that did make a few races really good for multiclassers.

Fake edit: Ninjaed.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nuntius Mortis

• Curious George
    • Email
Ok. Thanks a lot, guys :)

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
  • "Wit is educated insolence."
    • Email
Q28: What was the name of the feat that let a specific metamagic feat cost one less?
My choice place for buying Magic: the Gathering Singles: adventuresOn.com

Currently DMing a Solo PbP, Check it out here

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Q28: What was the name of the feat that let a specific metamagic feat cost one less?

Easy Metamagic from Dragon.

Practical Metamagic, from Races of the Dragon. Sor-only.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
And metamagic school focus, but only for one school at a time. Requires spell focus.

Cityscape can let you occasionally enter on a skill-based requirement a level early.

How?
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
And metamagic school focus, but only for one school at a time. Requires spell focus.

How?
There's a two-feat combo that lets you get a rank ahead in a single skill.  Primary contact.
Planetouched Handbook

MrBumberdumble

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Q29   Is there a magic item that specifically increases the number of attacks of opportunity one can make in a round?  (Obviously increased dex magic items with Combat Reflexes, but I mean aside from that).

Emy

• Bi-Curious George
Q29   Is there a magic item that specifically increases the number of attacks of opportunity one can make in a round?  (Obviously increased dex magic items with Combat Reflexes, but I mean aside from that).

A29 Bracers of Opportunity [MIC] are the only ones that come to mind. They give 2 extra attacks of opportunity per day, and let you go over your normal limit of AoOs per round. Also +2 to your attack rolls on AoOs.

Edit: I'm dumb and put the wrong number in this post as well as a Q
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 07:27:13 PM by Emy »

sonofzeal

• Curious George
Q30
Is there a list anywhere of non-core spells that work with Permanency?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Q31: Any list anywhere of good moderate HD minions for animate dead? 

Hydras and Remorhazes are looking good, but I'd prefer something medium to large in the 9 HD range.  Yes, that's pretty specific.  ;)
Planetouched Handbook

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email

Hydras and Remorhazes are looking good, but I'd prefer something medium to large in the 9 HD range.  Yes, that's pretty specific.  ;)
I'd go with some of those class spesific undead... it works great, expecally if this is for a BBEG... it has the feel of 'this is what happened to the last adventuring party'
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing

I'd go with some of those class spesific undead... it works great, expecally if this is for a BBEG... it has the feel of 'this is what happened to the last adventuring party'
Unfortunately, not an option.

Ooh, flesh golems qualify for the zombie template.
Planetouched Handbook