Author Topic: Ask a simple question, get a simple answer, part IV, never gonna give you up...  (Read 150627 times)

juton

• King Kong
  • Jack of all trades, master of nothing.
    • Email
Q123

I'm playing a Cleric of magic with the Spell Domain and the Divine Magician ACF. Next level I get access to 'Anyspell' and I'm at a loss as to how to obtain arcane writings. Using scrolls is expensive, we no longer have a party Wizard so I can't get a spell book scribed for me. My party has some down time, so I could get a spell book commissioned, but I think that may be a hassle. I was thinking of using a wand of 'Secret Page' to allow me to scribe a spell I have memorized through 'Anyspell' into a spell book.

So my questions are:
A) Can a Cleric UMD a wand of 'Secret Page' to scrib a spell he knows into a spell book?
B) Could a Cleric even do it if it was a Bard spell (such as 2nd level 'Heroism')?
C) Is there any cheaper way I can do this?

If you can UMD, you can cast from anything that CAN cast a spell no matter the spell list. I don't think you can do it with a Bard spell, however, but you should be able to do it with Cleric spells.

Thanks for your answer.
I mean if I use 'Anyspell' to prepare a Bard spell, is it a spell I know and is it one I can scribe with 'Secret Page'. I feel tongue tied already.

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
Q124

where do i find the "hunter's eye" spell?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Q124

where do i find the "hunter's eye" spell?
A 124

Player's Handbook II, page 114-115.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Phirsole

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Q 125: Is there a feat called "Greater Manyshot", and where do I find it?

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
Q 125: Is there a feat called "Greater Manyshot", and where do I find it?
A 125: Expanded Psionics Handbook.  It is not a psionic feat, however.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
Q123

I'm playing a Cleric of magic with the Spell Domain and the Divine Magician ACF. Next level I get access to 'Anyspell' and I'm at a loss as to how to obtain arcane writings. Using scrolls is expensive, we no longer have a party Wizard so I can't get a spell book scribed for me. My party has some down time, so I could get a spell book commissioned, but I think that may be a hassle. I was thinking of using a wand of 'Secret Page' to allow me to scribe a spell I have memorized through 'Anyspell' into a spell book.

So my questions are:
A) Can a Cleric UMD a wand of 'Secret Page' to scrib a spell he knows into a spell book?
B) Could a Cleric even do it if it was a Bard spell (such as 2nd level 'Heroism')?
C) Is there any cheaper way I can do this?

If you can UMD, you can cast from anything that CAN cast a spell no matter the spell list. I don't think you can do it with a Bard spell, however, but you should be able to do it with Cleric spells.

Thanks for your answer.
I mean if I use 'Anyspell' to prepare a Bard spell, is it a spell I know and is it one I can scribe with 'Secret Page'. I feel tongue tied already.

Unfortunately, no. You'd be scribing Anyspell emulating a specific spell.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Mushroom Ninja

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Q 126 If you have a natural weapon from your race (lets say a slam attack), do you get extra attacks as your BAB goes up?  If not, are there any items/feats/classes that let you do so?

Naldor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Q127: Does anyone remember how the trick using the Kensai's instill ability to permanently transfer BaB works?

i.e. A way for a level five character to permanently have say, +6/+1 BaB?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Q 126 If you have a natural weapon from your race (lets say a slam attack), do you get extra attacks as your BAB goes up?  If not, are there any items/feats/classes that let you do so?
A 126

No. You never get iterative attacks with natural weapons. The only exceptions to this that I can think of are a Monk's Unarmed Strike, which also counts as a manufactured weapon, and (sort of) Mouthpick weapons, which allow you to substitute your Bite attack (if you have one) for a manufactured weapon attack, and thus get iteratives.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
A126

No. Natural Attacks are handled completely differently from iterative attacks. Your primary natural attack is made at your normal attack bonus, and all secondary attacks are made at your normal attack bonus for that weapon, -5, no matter how many secondary natural attacks you have, but each one is made only once (although if you have multiple copies of a single one, you get one attack with each; thus, a lion can get 2 claw attacks because it has two claws). If you make iterative attacks with a weapon, all your natural attacks are secondary. However, see Rapidstrike and the Improved version thereof, in the Draconomicon under Monstrous Feats.

EDIT: Ninja'd, but I've got additional info
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
Q127: Do racial breathe weapons count as natural weapons?
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Q127: Do racial breathe weapons count as natural weapons?
A 128

No. They're (Su) Special Attacks. Heck, they don't even use attack rolls.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
A126

No. Natural Attacks are handled completely differently from iterative attacks. Your primary natural attack is made at your normal attack bonus, and all secondary attacks are made at your normal attack bonus for that weapon, -5, no matter how many secondary natural attacks you have, but each one is made only once (although if you have multiple copies of a single one, you get one attack with each; thus, a lion can get 2 claw attacks because it has two claws). If you make iterative attacks with a weapon, all your natural attacks are secondary. However, see Rapidstrike and the Improved version thereof, in the Draconomicon under Monstrous Feats.

EDIT: Ninja'd, but I've got additional info

In an online silly game I have a ton of natural attacks.

Assuming I make iterative Unarmed Strikes, I can attack with natural weapons as a secondary at a -5. Is that all of them? One of them?

Do I get,

+35/+35/+30/+25 2 Claws +30, Bite +30, Gore +30, Slam +30, Tenticle +30

Or just the 2 claws?

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
Q127How can I ignore Concealment?

edit: On melee attacks.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 03:36:15 AM by bearsarebrown »

Suzerain

• Bi-Curious George
  • is on extended leave
There's the "Pierce Magical Concealment" feat from CA, which obviously only works with magical concealment. Also, mind the prereqs. Also, reduces your caster levels (if any) by 4. Other people will have better answers.

Could you number your questions, though? Unnumbered answers generally seem to be accepted (as long as they quote the question or immediately follow the question), but unnumbered questions are just uncool.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 03:17:48 AM by Suzerain »

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
A126b

All of those, assuming you're a Monk using Flurry of Blows with only one extra attack (on the iteratives; it's irrelevant for the natural attacks, which you've listed correctly).
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
How can I ignore Concealment?

edit: On melee attacks.
Get your self an amulet, or goggles, or blindfold that grants you 10'ft of blindsight, and concealment is an a nonissue, assuming you can get with in melee range of the opponent...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
Blindsight will break Concealment? Even things like Blur? I didn't know that, that makes this much easier. Will Tremorsense? Blindsense?

edit: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Blindsight_and_Blindsense found my own answer thanks.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 03:38:47 AM by bearsarebrown »

Naldor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
There have know been three Q127s...

Pay attention to the numbering system people. :P

SKRP

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Q128:

Where do I find rules about paying experience points for creating magic items by followers?