Author Topic: Ask a simple question, get a simple answer, part IV, never gonna give you up...  (Read 150843 times)

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
A46
Since druids aren't automatically proficient in heavy armor or full plate, you must obtain Heavy Armor Proficiency to wear dragonhide full plate in a similar fashion to how a fighter wears metal full plate.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
You can wear armor without proficiencies - you just take double the armor check penalty.

I guess I was asking does the text in the description of the armor indicate that a straight druid could wear this without penalty?
You can wear any medium armor at all, but if you wear a metal one, or use a metal shield, you may not cast druid spells, or use any of your class features
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
A46
Since druids aren't automatically proficient in heavy armor or full plate, you must obtain Heavy Armor Proficiency to wear dragonhide full plate in a similar fashion to how a fighter wears metal full plate.

Agreed. In addition, you can consider other non-metallic materials for full plates that make an armor a category lighter, e.g.:
* dragoncraft (red hand of doom)
* blue ice (frostburn)
* sentira (sarlona)
* darkleaf (ECS)

Aharon

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Q47
What exactly can you disguise yourself as with the disguise skill? It only mentions races in the description. Is "Eladrin" considered a race for this purpose? Or are you limited to the standard races? What about disguising yourself as undead?
By clicking this link, you open a pop-up, but I get a eurocent for my current wish, the 5th book of the Wheel of Time series. Please note that this only works if you leave the pop-up opened till it has finished loading. Thank you!

Nuntius Mortis

• Curious George
    • Email
Q47
What exactly can you disguise yourself as with the disguise skill? It only mentions races in the description. Is "Eladrin" considered a race for this purpose? Or are you limited to the standard races? What about disguising yourself as undead?

Eladrin is a subtype not a race. However, there are Eladrin races. Coure, Firre, Shiradi, Tulani (those four can be found in BoED), Bralani and Ghaele (those two in MM of course) are races that you can disguise yourself as.
Never underestimate a halfling!

Sepehr Anvari - Chaos Monk

Velnius Agonista - Halfling Thrower (needs repair)

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
A46

Agreed. In addition, you can consider other non-metallic materials for full plates that make an armor a category lighter, e.g.:
* blue ice (frostburn)
* sentira (sarlona)
* darkleaf (ECS)
*Chitten
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
A46

* blue ice (frostburn)
* sentira (sarlona)
* darkleaf (ECS)
*Chitten

CHITIN. Sorry, sorry, that misspelling just irks me.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
A46

* blue ice (frostburn)
* sentira (sarlona)
* darkleaf (ECS)
*Chitten

Naw, he obviously meant kitten armor. ;)
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
A46

* blue ice (frostburn)
* sentira (sarlona)
* darkleaf (ECS)
*Chitten
Naw, he obviously meant kitten armor. ;)
kitten armor would be great, the barbarian would be raging, then has to make a will save against cuteness

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Reminds me of that picture of the guy wearing the suit made of babies...
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Would you be willing to put an axe through a live baby/kitten?

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Would you be willing to put an axe through a live baby/kitten?

If it kept the crazy guy from killing me, yes. In a heartbeat. Besides, I could only kill so many before he died, so really, it's a rather minor sacrifice.

And if they are kobold babies, I'm just doing my part to prevent a possible Pun-pun, so it's really more of a two-fer.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Q 48: What would the LA of a Great Wyrm Prismatic Dragon?

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
Q 48: What would the LA of a Great Wyrm Prismatic Dragon?

A48: It's not listed, meaning you can't play one, but if you're asking me to estimate the LA that Wizards would have put on it, it'd probably be around 60 or 70. However, I'd let a player play one with no LA. If you're ECL 78, being a Great Wyrm Prismatic Dragon isn't all that amazing.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Q49) Just to double check - if you're dual wielding, you get two extra attacks from haste, right?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Q49) Just to double check - if you're dual wielding, you get two extra attacks from haste, right?
No, you're thinking about flurry of blows

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email

You get two extra attacks from flurry of blows if you're dual-wielding?

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email

You get two extra attacks from flurry of blows if you're dual-wielding?
You get two extra attacks from flurry of blows if you're hasting....
or was that a joke, it's kind of hard to read intended inflection from text.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Ah, that's the one.

Thanks.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Corania

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Q50

By RAW can a sorcerer or bard learn ANY spells. Specifically I am referring to the following from the SRD:

"At each new sorcerer level, he gains one or more new spells, as indicated on Table: Sorcerer Spells Known. (Unlike spells per day, the number of spells a sorcerer knows is not affected by his Charisma score; the numbers on Table: Sorcerer Spells Known are fixed.) These new spells can be common spells chosen from the sorcerer/wizard spell list, or they can be unusual spells that the sorcerer has gained some understanding of by study."

and

"When your sorcerer or bard gains a new level, consult Table: The Bard or Table: Sorcerer Spells Known to learn how many spells from the appropriate spell list he now knows. With permission, sorcerers and bards can also select the spells they gain from new and unusual spells that they have gained some understanding of."

Certainly the "with permission" part in the second quote would seem to indicate a sort of "your DM can do whatever he wants, go ahead and ask." However, the first quote (from the sorcerer entry) seems to indicate just doing some sort of research allows for any spell.

Sean Mahoney