Author Topic: stat help  (Read 1982 times)

trappedslider

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
stat help
« on: December 04, 2009, 05:49:48 PM »
I'm in need of some help with making stats for an electric guitar,the game will have no magic...

What i'm thinking right nwo is Exotic weapon proficiency and for damage 1d10/1d4 1d10 for the big end and 1d4 for the neck

what do you guys htink?
All the above statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in somesense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
Re: stat help
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 03:40:08 AM »
Wouldn't it simply fall under the Improvised Weapons category?
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

trappedslider

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 05:11:48 AM »

yeah but iwth a -4 to attack,which given the charcter's idea as a former rock star,i think it owuld be a bit unfair
All the above statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in somesense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 05:50:49 AM »
It's an Axe. Duh. ;)
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 06:28:38 AM »

yeah but iwth a -4 to attack,which given the charcter's idea as a former rock star,i think it owuld be a bit unfair

Why not houserule Exotic Weapon Proficiency to include a single Improvised Weapon?  Or if you feel he shouldn't have to spend a feat for it, give the proficiency as a bonus feat from his Starting Occupation.  That way, he'll be proficient with it, but it won't be doing more than a real axe would.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 04:06:45 PM »
It's an Axe. Duh. ;)
If hes using it as his primary weapon, get it steel reinforced and do just that.

Or just a greatclub.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 05:49:03 AM »
Screw it, just go ahead and have real axe blades on each side of it, then use exotic weapon proficiency. Presto bad ass guitar weapon lol
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.