Author Topic: Sode - 300 – Brilliant Gameologists Is...  (Read 5759 times)

Josh

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Grape ape
    • Email
Sode - 300 – Brilliant Gameologists Is...
« on: July 09, 2009, 02:17:43 AM »
  • We use naughty words and describe adult situations

This is not a regular episode. However is a good place to start listening. Listen to this episode first and then one of our regular episodes.

I) We lead with some warnings.II) Then we talk about the podcast, afterschool special styleIII) Our Mission statements.
  • We are trying to be informative and helpful.
  • We seek to help new gamers and help old gamers branch out.
  • We talk about gaming theories.
  • We want people to get out and play.
  • We focus on adult level game play.
  • We want you to play games well.
  • We offer useful honest reviews.
  • We seek to be entertaining.

This list is the most important part for you guys. 

Do you think we meet these goals?  Do you understand these goals?

Is there something else we could do?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 02:33:17 AM by Josh »
Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009

pfooti

• Bi-Curious George
  • Pants are for Suckers
    • /castrandom - even we don't know what it's about
    • Email
Re: Sode - 300 – Brilliant Gameologists Is...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 10:32:42 AM »
"What do you want? Should I email you? Should I put this on your primary action item list? You decide your own level of involvement!"

But seriously. Fun episode. Plus, I'm always one for obscenity.

Robert Bohl

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Misspent Youth
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 10:35:49 AM »
I get why you say this is a good episode to start with, but I'd argue it's not. It's full sof tell-don't-show. It lacks the humor, spontinaity, and interesting ideas that your show has when it's hot.

For the record, I'm not crapping on the episode. It's just fine. I just don't think it's a good introduction to your show.

Thom

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 06:01:43 AM »
This is the second time you guys have blown my mind. I spend all day long using "safe for work" speech, then come home and mind my manners until bedtime. Podcasting should be about having fun and letting it all out without worrying about whether or not you're going to offend someone else. Granted, you guys were already doing that, but having it laid out in front of me was an eye opener.

In case you're wondering, the first time you messed with my head was when you explained that Min/Max was a good thing and I understood I've been doing it for years and falsely accusing it as a homewrecker.

Kai

• (rhymes with pie)
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Donkey Kong
  • Don't panic!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 07:57:34 PM »
I'd say this is a good episode to listen to first, but only if you were going to pair it with a normal episode immediately afterward. It does lay out your mission quite well, but I agree with Robert that it doesn't have your trademark stamp ("humor, spontinaity, and interesting ideas") on it.

I get why you say this is a good episode to start with, but I'd argue it's not. It's full sof tell-don't-show. It lacks the humor, spontinaity, and interesting ideas that your show has when it's hot.

For the record, I'm not crapping on the episode. It's just fine. I just don't think it's a good introduction to your show.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi