Author Topic: Ask a simple question...4e style  (Read 50756 times)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Ask a simple question...4e style
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2010, 05:34:05 PM »
Q73 Can powers that state Melee Weapon be used with a thrown weapon at range? For example can a Fighter use Reaping Strike with a Javelin when not in Melee with someone?
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »
Q73 Can powers that state Melee Weapon be used with a thrown weapon at range? For example can a Fighter use Reaping Strike with a Javelin when not in Melee with someone?
A 73

No. 'Melee' or 'Ranged' states the power's range, not the kind of weapon it has to be used with. Similarly, a Ranged power can be used with a thrown weapon, but it can't be used with such a weapon in melee and ignore OAs. The specification "Melee weapon" as opposed to, for instance, "Melee 1" or "Melee 2", as found on some powers, states that it uses the weapon's normal reach - 1 for most weapons, 2 for polearms.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #202 on: August 06, 2010, 03:54:35 AM »
Q 74

Does Twist of Space let you teleport the enemy 3 spaces into the air? People say they get a save for it (Catching Yourself PH pg 284), but if the enemy succeeds, they still fall prone (and are slowed), right? If that's the case, this power becomes awesome as a 7th lvl Wizard encounter.

d6 + INT dmg, + 1d10 (falling 15') + prone + slow (for 1 turn) should it hit enemies in an area burst 1. (Awesome for enlarging and it'd usually waste the coming turn of any melee enemies.)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 04:03:15 AM by Epimetheus »

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #203 on: August 06, 2010, 08:55:19 AM »
A 74

Yes. This was confirmed in a recent errata (May or July, I think), which said that a creature forced to teleport upwards gets the regular save to catch itself. I don't remember if they still fall prone or not, though. It also reduced the range of a power that previously allowed you to teleport a target up to 20 squares.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #204 on: August 06, 2010, 05:26:50 PM »
Thanks. (Actually, it seems to be January 2010)

Q75

If I use a pushing power to push someone off a cliff, they get a save to end the forced movement right at the edge of the cliff (and fall prone). If I have subsequent powers that either force them to move away from me at full speed, or allow me to slide them 1 square, what happens?

I think it's one of these:
  • They get an additional save to avoid being pushed off the cliff.
  • They're pushed off the cliff automatically.
  • The power does nothing since they already saved once. (Sadness)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #205 on: August 06, 2010, 05:47:59 PM »
They would get an additional save for every time you try to force them off the cliff.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #206 on: August 07, 2010, 04:45:08 PM »
half-@ss'd A75 ... this is quite close to a simple tactic Orcus and his minions can use, to prove he's not a Cupcake.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #207 on: August 16, 2011, 04:34:34 AM »
Q 76 Looking at the Scales of War adventure, and was wondering what the bitumen torch was that goblins have, where it was located in the books to read up on, and if there was a 3.5 equivalent (for a better understanding)?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #208 on: August 16, 2011, 05:13:07 AM »
A 76

While this isn't 4E specific...Bitumen Torches are just torches dipped in pitch. Its just a normal torch.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #209 on: August 16, 2011, 08:11:26 PM »
The Goblins succeeded on a skill challenge to get the Torch lit ...  ;)

Maybe the Knowledge Dungeoneering skill "contains" Bitumen.
Although in greek mythos, fire is a gift from Prometheus,
so that'd be a Knowledge Divine check.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #210 on: September 09, 2011, 01:40:02 AM »
Q 77 What exactly are black pudding spawns? I just read over the black puddings themselves, and I seem to be missing the standard write up that should say "when a character gets killed, they rise up as an ooze spawn".
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.