Author Topic: Adventuring Kits  (Read 3568 times)

Caelic

• Hong Kong
Re: Adventuring Kits
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 11:36:14 AM »
I'd personally put a Robe of Eyes on the list.  It's not cheap, but the abilities it gives are pretty darned useful.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
Re: Adventuring Kits
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 02:51:38 AM »
Source for Bracers of Empyreal Armor? BoED?

And Eager gives unnamed, not luck bonus, to initiative.
BoED yes.

Reread post?
Off Hand Weapon - +1 Eager Warning Initiative Parry Gauntlet (X + 300 mwk + 18,000 enchant + 20,000 init + 9,000 parry)
eager(+2 unnamed), warning(+5 insight), initiative(+2 luck) to initiative, parry +1 insight to saves.

Aren't there some problems with using spellblade for Mordenkainen's Disjunction?
Honestly idk. No GM has ever been bad enough to cast that on me, that was pretty much doctored in for here.

It almost seems funny to see this on a list for 20th level characters, but I have a cousin who has nothing but good things to say about the Hat of Disguise.  Although, according to the SRD, it uses Disguise Self, not Alter Self, so it still would be thwarted by True Seeing.
My comment is off, I should have noticed it. The hat does alter what your gear and you look like. Which is extremely handy when running from people ;)

Tyrant of a king? Alter your appearance to look like one of the guards, NPCs will go out of their way not to interact with you. Selling goods in questionable quantities? No problem. Hell, pretend to be a statue in the park, average spot DC is like 18 assuming they're not a pigeon. Plus I can't ever really find a super useful hat so I tend to toss some Power 6 ability onto it as well. It's cheaper to replace if lost than combining several effects into a more expensive item.

Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]