Author Topic: Cleric/Druid Gestalt build critique  (Read 4106 times)

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
Cleric/Druid Gestalt build critique
« on: June 12, 2009, 09:57:33 PM »
Starting at level 9
Race:Lesser Assimar
stats(roll):
str-16
Dex-17
Con-18
Wis-17(19 after racial)
Int-17
Cha-17(19 after racial)

Build progression:
Flaw:Eschew Materials
1.Cleric1//Druid1-Nightbringer Initiate
2.Cleric2//Druid2-
3.Cleric3//Druid3-Heat endurance
4.Cleric4//Druid4-
5.Cleric5//Druid5-
6.Cleric5/witw1//Druid5/Planar Shepard1-Natural Spell

I'll continue Witw and finish it off with more levels in Cleric and continue with PS on the druid side, finishing it off with Nature's warrior. My biggest problem right now is deciding feats. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 11:05:42 PM by Mushroom »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Cleric/Druid Gestalt build critique
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 10:05:53 PM »
Is "witw" Walker in the Waste? You can't gestalt two PrCs unless your DM ruled otherwise.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 10:12:06 PM »
Witw=Walker in the waste

I don't believe my DM will have a problem with it. Even if he does, I'll drop Walker in favor of Planar Shepard

Salt_Crow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 10:24:49 PM »
Also, you can't meet the requirements for PS prior to level 5. You still need 8 ranks in knowledge(nature) and WS class feature ;)

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 10:33:40 PM »
Also, you can't meet the requirements for PS prior to level 5. You still need 8 ranks in knowledge(nature) and WS class feature ;)
Oops, that was a typo

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 10:41:38 PM »
Oops, that was a typo
You still can't take your first level of PS at level 5. Class is the first choice when gaining a level. Most prestige classes are designed so that character enters them at at least 6th level.

Also, for clarity, the two halves of a gestalt build are usually divided by a double slash (Cleric/WitW//Druid/PS)

What does Nightbringer Initiate do?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 10:43:09 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 11:04:36 PM »
Oops, that was a typo
You still can't take your first level of PS at level 5. Class is the first choice when gaining a level. Most prestige classes are designed so that character enters them at at least 6th level.

Also, for clarity, the two halves of a gestalt build are usually divided by a double slash (Cleric/WitW//Druid/PS)

What does Nightbringer Initiate do?
<.< Another typo, and thanks for the slash suggestion.

Nightbringer Initiate is a prerequisite for Planar Shepard

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 11:17:15 PM »
Are you only taking one flaw?

I would recommend the cloistered cleric variant, and trading the Knowledge domain for Knowledge Devotion. Use one of your feats for EducatedECS to make the most of it.

Oh, and apply the dragonborn template for +2Con, -2 Dex and your choice of topping. :p
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 11:19:21 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 11:21:55 PM »
Are you only taking one flaw?

I would recommend the cloistered cleric variant, and trading the Knowledge domain for Knowledge Devotion. Use one of your feats for EducatedECS to make the most of it.

Oh, and apply the dragonborn template for +2Con, -2 Dex and your choice of topping. :p
I would love to dragonborn it up, but due to it being a completely homebrew setting and pantheon, I doubt I can.

I'll definitely consider cloistered cleric, thanks!

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 12:27:33 AM »
If this is a custom setting, how is planar shepherd being handled, what with the lack of manifest zones and the very specific planes inherent to Eberron? Are you just sucking up the effective loss of class abilities (the ones related to manifest zones are, admittedly, not why anyone takes the PrC anyway, but still)?

Mostly I'm just curious as to how you're adapting it.

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 01:36:00 AM »
Are you just sucking up the effective loss of class abilities
For the most part.

Although it is indeed homebrew, I will be able to run this PrC by my DM, I'm sure of it.

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 06:29:21 AM »
Lawful Neutral
Cloistered Cleric 3/Dread Necromancer 1/Church Inquisitor 1/Walker in the Waste 10/Contemplative 1/Dweomerkeeper 4
// Druid 5/Planar Shepherd 10/XX 5

Reorder the first 5 levels on the cleric side for optimal BAB/Saves
Take Planning and Undeath Domain if possible in this pantheon and then magic domain at Contemplative 1

Alternatively there is of course
XX 5/Ur Priest 2/Walker in the Wastes 10/XX 3 for the cleric side.  You need to be evil, but get full cleric casting with 8 free levels to play with.

Regardless, do make sure you and your DM are fully aware of what type of character this is.  Planar Shepherds in normal games tend to break campaigns wide open.  Adding MORE power to it doesn't make it any more user friendly.  Have no doubt that this character is a nuke on legs.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 06:31:11 AM by Rebel7284 »
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 06:33:50 AM »
However, it's very, very easy to hold back as a Planar Shepherd. Don't make planar bubbles, or choose a plane with a normal time trait. Don't wild shape into outsiders.