Author Topic: Chimera Template- Thoughts on what bonuses/minuses to be given  (Read 1472 times)

AnimeSniper

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Just finished reading a Sci-Fi book that had chimeras in it who looked human but had perfect teeth and were genetically engineered as a soldier caste for combat... so unlike moreaus in the book they appear human except for a few differing flaws like slitted eyes (cat Gene), elongated ears, etcetera and some of them could bond to a specific character type after meeting them

So I'm thinking as a template allowing a player to roll a dice to see how many bonuses or negatives that their character would have seening as the PC would than gain bonuses to spot/listen, run speed (cheetah) etcetera as at the beginning... though maybe make it an NPC, truthfully I have hit a wall in organizing my notes

Thoughts, ideas, discussion on the flaws, whatever are accepted

Lonewolf the Hunter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: Chimera Template- Thoughts on what bonuses/minuses to be given
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 11:22:02 PM »
They kind of sound like the Franks in d20 Future to me. But any way, based on what you have here I would say that a chimera could be represented by the covert Moreaus, as the covert Moreaus, at least according to the d20MRPG are supposed to still look human, but to be any real help I think the rest of us here will need more information, what sort of abilities do Chimeras based on different animals have, how much stronger or more agile are they  compared to humans, are they as smart as humans, I hope I'm not just coming across as a jerk, but, these are all thinks that you'll need to consider.
"No Plan ever survives contact with the enemy"
a bunch of generals and military historians

I like hiring Giff, they don't mind being paid in uzis.

AnimeSniper

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 12:29:37 AM »
In the book the chimera's were as smart if not smarter with certain types as humans... I mean they were using weapons and using tactics... I'll find my notes on the genetic types that the chimera's will be able to have spliced into the gene code

backstabbist

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Twice abandoned by the WoC
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 12:45:14 PM »
If I was engineering up some improved human/animal blend as super soldiers,
I wouldnt give them a bunch of penalties to balance the benefits I created.
We already have creatures balanced with humans... other humans.  I want to make sure the sharks I make with laser beam vision are batter than plain sharks... else why spend the money to make them?

I would up their Ability numbers, up their Racial Skill Bonuses, and up their AL/ECL.

A super soldier should be better than a standard soldier,
not equalized by AGB penalties.
Nature balances with penalties, its our job as bio-engineers to fix where nature dropped the ball.
When not specified, the gun is always a m1911
Convetional spelling is for the Uncreative
5.7fn : Can a slug that only weighs 31gr still be called a slug?
Quote from:  Leadership Diplomacy Check
If that procedure is beyond your ability,
just say so & I will go get a 12 year old little girl to do it for you.