Author Topic: Martial Rogue for World's Largest Dungeon  (Read 4366 times)

Khorus

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • TPK FTW!
Re: Martial Rogue for World's Largest Dungeon
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 10:11:01 AM »
OK, Played this char friday, Here are the results.

I changed my self into a hobgoblin walked into a group of goblins, surprised them and Whirlwinded them. Me 8 kills, goblins 0 hits. I moved into alot of rooms and disabled some things. The build works pretty well on the trash mobs IE Kobolds and goblins. I got plent of use out of Diplo, bluff, and intim. Think I'm going to take 9-10 lvl of martial rogue then take sneak attack fighter. Going to go vexing flanker / adaptable flanker.

Also DM said that we been struggling and gave us a one time chance to re organize the party so now we are a, Big Scary Barbarian that kills anything he manages to hit, a healbot cleric, a battle sorc using the spell shield thing from dungeonscape (this guy was the warlock, now he is much much more effective.) My martial rogue and another person that joined who may or may not stick with the game. He is playing a kobold monk/rogue that uses the draconic fist thing from dragon magic. We pretty much steam rolled most of the things we encountered this game.

Still open to options on where to take this build. Should I finish out 20 level's or just go for the sneak attack dmg?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 12:03:19 PM by Khorus »

Khorus

• TPK FTW!
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 12:53:43 PM »
Aren't the social skills kind of worthless in WLD, while trap-finding might actually be useful?  I haven't run it (I'd rather run 14 separate modules, personally), but that was the gist of what I've heard about it.  Maybe some players with more experience with it could suggest the best skills besides use magic device for a rogue in the dungeon.
[spoiler]
On the last floor we just cleared it was Goblins vs Bug bears. We got friendly with both made a clay golem and wiped the goblins off the map. DM wouldn't let us keep the clay golem lol. Found the manual in the maze and gave it to rebel goblins. The bad goblins were lead by a doppleganger that made himself the goblin king, I pwned him in the face(ok I tripped him and the raging barb crit'd him in the face, BUT HEY GROUP EFFORT right?).[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 10:18:19 AM by Khorus »

bayar

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 06:44:30 PM »
Aren't the social skills kind of worthless in WLD, while trap-finding might actually be useful?  I haven't run it (I'd rather run 14 separate modules, personally), but that was the gist of what I've heard about it.  Maybe some players with more experience with it could suggest the best skills besides use magic device for a rogue in the dungeon.

On the last floor we just cleared it was [spoiler]Goblins vs Bug bears. We got friendly with both made a clay golem and wiped the goblins off the map. DM wouldn't let us keep the clay golem lol. Found the manual in the maze and gave it to rebel goblins. The bad goblins were lead by a doppleganger that made himself the goblin king, I pwned him in the face(ok I tripped him and the raging barb crit'd him in the face, BUT HEY GROUP EFFORT right?).[/spoiler]

GOD DAMN IT !!! Spoiler your spoilers ! You will spoil the fun out of everything for the rest of us who havent gotten to that part  :mad :banghead

Khorus

• TPK FTW!
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 10:17:22 AM »
:( sorry, Didn't think about it