Author Topic: Advanced Spambots  (Read 2329 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Advanced Spambots
« on: May 15, 2009, 08:18:53 AM »
Seems like the new generation spambots have rudimentary AI now, they're context sensitive now. :smirk
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Advanced Spambots
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 08:42:55 AM »
Seems like the new generation spambots have rudimentary AI now, they're context sensitive now. :smirk
They seem to take part of the first post of the thread.

Language is moderately muddled, but so what, people can't possibly insult others right?  First off, I statements can be just as hurtful.  And they in fact add a element of utter dochebaggery, "I think your idea is stupid."
Fuck E-Prime

Or rather, I think the concept of E-Prime might be useful as a writing exercise.  A self exam.

However, the idea of restricting others to this arbitrary standard seems douchey.  Let look at it.

The obvious comparison is the "I statement" years ago we were subjected to teachers, guidence councelers and the adult world peddling this technique.  Language is moderately muddled, but so what, people can't possibly insult others right?  First off, I statements can be just as hurtful.  And they in fact add a element of utter dochebaggery, "I think your idea is stupid."

hat would turn someone off from the forum and possibly show right off the bat and that's no bueno.  So there are certain threads that I'll be much more aggressive about keeping clean whereas others I may just let run wild.  The distinction is- if it's something about this site or the show, most likely, that's on the radar.
I've enabled "recycling" which means if I delete a thread or posts, they will appear in the Garbage Bin,

This will happen a few times:

If an "offiical" type thread gets off topic junk, I'm going to move it out.  There are quite a few threads that I want to leave "pure" so as new people come and they read about the Douchebag of the Week podcast feature for the first time, they don't wade through 2 pages of in-jokes and nonsense.  That would turn someone off from the forum and possibly show right off the bat and that's no bueno.  So there are certain threads that I'll be much more aggressive about keeping clean whereas others I may just let run wild.  The distinction is- if it's something about this site or the show, most likely, that's on the radar. 

Also, posts that are overly insulting/ rude/ etc. may get the ax too.  I'm not nearly as concerned about everyone playing nice here as you will find on other boards.  I'm going by the assumption everyone is an adult and you can handle your own.  Don't get involved in a land war in Asia if you can't handle the consequences.

The two exceptions are when one person is rude and it's unwarranted which in turns hurts someone else for realsies or it distracts from the topic which still has life in it. 

If you've got beef, have a Duel of Wits with someone.  Get it out and move on.

So if you think something's been deleted, check the Garbage Bin.  Check that board to see what else is getting cut and learn by example. 

If you have questions about this or suggestions, ask here.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 08:49:24 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 09:09:39 AM »
Neat trick though. It's fascinating to watch, from an AI point of view.
They're barely distinguishable from a barely literate netizen.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 10:31:07 AM »
Plague of them now, I think we may need to see about preventing new spammer registration...
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 10:54:05 AM »
We're looking into it now. Thanks for the heads up everyone.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 03:45:08 PM »
I'd go so far as to call these new bots "Mimics" or "Mimicbots".
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Kai

• (rhymes with pie)
  • Donkey Kong
  • Don't panic!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 05:56:17 PM »
I'll add my thanks to everyone too.  :)  Please continue to report posts so we can make sure we're getting them all.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi